Trail Fee Increase.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really don't think the throttle blipping is to blame for washboard, have you ever noticed on inclines on the trail there are no moguls? I think flat trail inherently leads to washboard, and is compounded by high traffic as the driveline loads and releases going over them. just my thoughts

It's all in the memory. The drags used don't fully remove that memory unforunately. Go up those trails in the summer and it has even worked itself into the dirt. So your right throttle blipping is not fully to blame but it does not help the situation either

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I really don't think the throttle blipping is to blame for washboard, have you ever noticed on inclines on the trail there are no moguls? I think flat trail inherently leads to washboard, and is compounded by high traffic as the driveline loads and releases going over them. just my thoughts

No it isn't but some dudes leave pretty big piles and that is totally unnecessary. The trail up isn't a play ground but try to tell some peeps that, and here is the normal response; "I've paid my money I can doo whatever the f*ck I want!"

The wider the trail, the better shape it will be in at the end of the day. The bridges/corners are always rough, as are the areas immediately in front and following. That is because they are narrow and the sleds are funnelled into the narrow part. The physics of the weight of the sled and the front end in particular and the relatively soft surface of a snow packed trail is what is mostly to blame for the moguls. The snow will only hold up to so many sleds before it is shot. Look at the heavy traffic areas in the city on the paved roads; no moguls but the heavy trucks have depressed the pavement to the point of creating ruts. Very noticeable at busy intersections.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we went to cooke this year, bought a Montana pass, were going to head to bear tooth??? no idea i guess its in Wyoming. SNOWED and SNOWED so we stayed in the trees in cooke cause i guess this bear tooth was wide open also laughed at the bitchers in the cabin "too snowy to sled". ANY WHO bought a wyoming one too but didnt go, couple people said that was a waste but technically the parking lot and a portion of the trail in and out are in Wyoming......make sense to get one for there too, ALSO its like $25 each state........for the year! i was blown away being its about that per day in BC. If you dont buy one down there you are just a dick.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Price went up from $60/yr in Alberta to $70/yr in Alberta before Jan 1, after Jan 1 its now $80 for the year, as compared to $70 prior.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price went up from $60/yr in Alberta to $70/yr in Alberta before Jan 1, after Jan 1 its now $80 for the year, as compared to $70 prior.

Keep in mind that the $70 ASA membership that you pay once a year is good for all of Alberta's trails. Also Keep in mind that only a portion of that goes back to the individual clubs. The remainder of the costs to maintain the Alberta trails is picked up by the individual clubs to maintain their trails. Unlike BC where the trails have one way in and one way out (for the most part) Alberta trails can be accessed from anywhere on the trail. This makes it impossible for clubs to set up collection booths to catch the users entering the trails. That being said the trails and cabins get used buy non paying riders. This has put a real strain on some of the clubs. If I had $70 for every sled that I see on Bonnyville trails or at our cabins that Do Not display a seasonal trail pass, I would be a very wealth man. I speak only of my experience of Bonnyville Snodusters trails system, but I'm sure that there are many more that can share the same experience.

I for one believe in a user pay system and am not going to bitch about a $5 increase in trail fees. I will however bitch about the whiners that bitch about the increase. To those whiners I have only one thing to say. Buck up or buck off.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could see that for sure, I think they got to have some of the longest trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huh??

Just the owlshead to bluelake connection

None of the others are any different than anywhere else

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh??

They all are 20km plus. They don't got one place that's nice and short like Allen creek. I am just saying those few extra km would add up over the course a year.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh??

I guess I haven't been to lots of places but just comparing Sicamous to places like vale and Mcbride where they got one or to spots with a shorter trail.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Allen is a short ride up, but then most of the good riding from last time I was there was a ways back

Where 90% of the time, we never make it too the cabin so less than 20 km and road all day

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
salmon lakes a long damn trail. the shovel trail part i know is ungroomable but up to its fairly long.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Allen is a short ride up, but then most of the good riding from last time I was there was a ways back

Where 90% of the time, we never make it too the cabin so less than 20 km and road all day

WTF..we are talking about grooming trails. its the total trail length that determines the cost of grooming not how far tex has to go back to find snow

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Never underestimate the Tex factor.... just because you are famous and published doesn't mean you can rule out the opinions of the minions.....

WTF..we are talking about grooming trails. its the total trail length that determines the cost of grooming not how far tex has to go back to find snow

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with the world a five dollar trail fee increase, We don't yo to the same place all winter, definitely cuts into the beer fund, Sledding costing way to much these days. I may have to be more selective on areas and riding times

Minions have been informed no snow this year sell the chit while u can

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
What is wrong with the world a five dollar trail fee increase, We don't yo to the same place all winter, definitely cuts into the beer fund, Sledding costing way to much these days. I may have to be more selective on areas and riding times

Minions have been informed no snow this year sell the chit while u can
Ya let's wait till spring and ride water.

Top Bottom