Tragic Snowmobile Death

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a very heavy heart reading the news this morning. Very sad.

Why no helmets???? WTF!!!

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very very sad , my condolence go out to family and Friends.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent the entire afternoon yesterday tooling around the lake with my two little ones on their Mini Z's. It was a great day - then to hear this happened. No wonder it looked so gloomy out this morning.......

Give your little ones a big hug when you get home tonight. There is a mom and dad who won't be able to.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sled accident outside edmonton

I'm watchin cbc news and a guy outside edmonton hit a tree on snowmobile with his 5 year old girl.....the girl died father is still in the hospitable...neither of them wer wearing a helmet!!!! wake up people!!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent the entire afternoon yesterday tooling around the lake with my two little ones on their Mini Z's. It was a great day - then to hear this happened. No wonder it looked so gloomy out this morning.......

Give your little ones a big hug when you get home tonight. There is a mom and dad who won't be able to.

Amen to that. I lose my breath when I even think about losing one of my kids. The news says that the Dad is in very serious condition- he might live through this, but he will never, ever be the same. Prayers for all...

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its is your duty as a parent to ensure the safety of your children, so when they see you wear no helmet they figure they dont need one either.Why is there so many bone head parents running around doing this? You see it all the time.....doubleing on quads , sleds, dirtbikes.........no helmets!WTF! Gives the whole society of atvers and sleders a big black eye.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Very sad indeed. How many people need to perish from striking a tree before people will take notice that helmets are not only wise, but save lives? Sympathies to the family and for the father who will never be the same.
:(

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad indeed. How many people need to perish from striking a tree before people will take notice that helmets are not only wise, but save lives? Sympathies to the family and for the father who will never be the same.
:(

Of course, bad things happen to people who wear helmets too! I've seen lots of bad things in the ER from quads, dirtbikes, and sleds and most had helmets on. We accept risk and ride to the best of our ability...

The decision gets a little tougher when we involve our children. I've often wondered if our (my hubby & I) decision to ride with the kids, on the sleds or in the Rhino/Quads is pure selfishness? On the one hand, it is such great family time and it means we don't have to leave the kids home while we do what we love. On the other, it could mean regrets for a lifetime. Is it an acceptable risk? How do you know? What if we are wrong???? You don't get to take it back if you screw up and "What if" could drive us crazy... We need to re-evaluate I think...

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to the friends and families of the little girl.
Yes, wearing a helmet is important. Riding at safe speeds with kids is also vital.

I see so many people riding, whether it be sleds, quads, or dirt bikes. Many of them don't even do up the chin strap.

It is a hard lesson, too bad the consequences were so tragic.:(

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well said! I had a similar day to you and then this morning heard the news. So sad, thinking of the family & prayers. Gave my girls extra hugs today & said a little prayer for the little girl lost while doing so.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad no matter what, I can for sure say helmets save more lives then none...

Top Bottom