Today's the 2013s ride...

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
every thing they promised it was so effortless to ride you would be amazed we had a 154 w/ 00 kilometers on it so it was definatly in break in mode hard on fuel and oil but it was great running board were good no snow build up lots of flex on track rear skid i would say biggest improvement thing carves and side hills like a dream looks like sort of an 05 06 rt front cowl flat instument cluster easy to see when pulln hills and the thing has lots of storage has a proto type label on it and am told the ported track will dissapear on prodution models

Buy one i think you wont miss
think my 12 will get traded in and i only have 600 k on it

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they have any 163 models to try? Where did you ride it? Did you take my old buddy Byron out to ride as well? Lol.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
na Byrons back bad these days Ken but Had faboulous Philster w/ us Val liked too had a hard time keeping him off it he has a blue and white papa smurf xp with lots o baker work done to it ready to trade in

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah Byron needs another trip to Vegas with me to get that back lubed up with some rum. HaHa. Say hi to Val for me. He was an awesome guy to deal with. Thanks for the report as well!

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as i said the thing was amazing to ride you could take a green nubee out and have him sidehilling like a pro ina bout an hours time on the seat cant thank Paul enough he promissed me i would get to be the first to ride it when he got it and good to his word he blazed in late friday from the flat land and said im here lets go

awesome guy that Paul fellow

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are supposed to be 2013's at the remaining Demo rides. Who wants to ride a 2012 now with new product for this coming year.

That's what I told the guy on the phone. Why would I travel all the way to revy to ride 2012 sleds when the 2013 are out on the snow.
I'd like to get some seat time before I order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
teaser photos

Attachments

• 2013 sled 001.jpg
    2013 sled 001.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 320
  • 2013 sled 002.jpg
    2013 sled 002.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 320
  • 2013 sled 003.jpg
    2013 sled 003.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 312

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more,

did i like it well i could give ya lots o tech talk and make comparasons

but to keep it simple ;):thumbsup2::clap2:

Attachments

• 2013 sled 004.jpg
    2013 sled 004.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 317
  • 2013 sled 005.jpg
    2013 sled 005.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 310

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be lots of sleds for sale this yr. LOL I think the wife should upgrade. LOL

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be alot of women riders that will gravitate to this sled jut simply for ease of riding in technical terrain.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice will she get a 163 LOL mine should trade in her 600 146 it only has 65 kilos on it

800xpaul

Reaction score
That's what I told the guy on the phone. Why would I travel all the way to revy to ride 2012 sleds when the 2013 are out on the snow.
I'd like to get some seat time before I order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caper
We added 2 2013 on the demo tour. You will be able to try it but register quickly on skidoodemo.com
It rides great, Better Rides better Riders has never been more true than with this unit.

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a chance today to ride the new summit. Rode it for a couple of hours here in Prince Albert. It will be a excellent mountain sled forsure. You can ride on one ski all day,very easy to lean over,gauges are way cool the way they lay down. The extra foot space is nice,the rear suspension swivel is neat. The things i personally did not like, were the placement of the hand and thumb warmer switches on the consol and also the rer button on top of the handle bars, when rolling the sled over in deep snow you may activate the rer button,it may never happen but there is a chance. The new plastic is nice,there is now a little storage compartment up above the gauges.The two idler wheels in the back, make the track real easy to flex for side hilling, not a real good test here in flat old saskatchewan, with only 6 inches of snow, however it was fun.l like the holes in the running boards. Cant wait to try it out west in the mountains. Thanks to pines power sport marine, Dean, Paul the BRP dsm for letting me ride the new proto type today. i will be ordering one for spring fever.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a chance today to ride the new summit. Rode it for a couple of hours here in Prince Albert. It will be a excellent mountain sled forsure. You can ride on one ski all day,very easy to lean over,gauges are way cool the way they lay down. The extra foot space is nice,the rear suspension swivel is neat. The things i personally did not like, were the placement of the hand and thumb warmer switches on the consol and also the rer button on top of the handle bars, when rolling the sled over in deep snow you may activate the rer button,it may never happen but there is a chance. The new plastic is nice,there is now a little storage compartment up above the gauges.The two idler wheels in the back, make the track real easy to flex for side hilling, not a real good test here in flat old saskatchewan, with only 6 inches of snow, however it was fun.l like the holes in the running boards. Cant wait to try it out west in the mountains. Thanks to pines power sport marine, Dean, Paul the BRP dsm for letting me ride the new proto type today. i will be ordering one for spring fever.

Two things on the RER button -

The RER shouldn't actually engaged anytime the sled is at anything higher than an idle. It's function is monitored, its not like a ptek where you can rev up the sled then hit the RER. So rolling it over in snow could engaged the RER yes, but it would still only be at an idle.

Secondly, you shouldn't roll your sled over in the snow when its running to begin with. Its a small chance, but rolling it over in deep snow could allow the throttle flipper to be engaged.

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when stuck in the deep snow on a hill , i always roll my sled over. I am not digging it out or lifting it. the new etecs keep running, not like the ptecs. 20 pulls of the recoil later and the sled is finally running, unless you have e start. you are correct on the safty factor of your throttle being engaged.
Two things on the RER button -

The RER shouldn't actually engaged anytime the sled is at anything higher than an idle. It's function is monitored, its not like a ptek where you can rev up the sled then hit the RER. So rolling it over in snow could engaged the RER yes, but it would still only be at an idle.

Secondly, you shouldn't roll your sled over in the snow when its running to begin with. Its a small chance, but rolling it over in deep snow could allow the throttle flipper to be engaged.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when stuck in the deep snow on a hill , i always roll my sled over. I am not digging it out or lifting it. the new etecs keep running, not like the ptecs. 20 pulls of the recoil later and the sled is finally running, unless you have e start. you are correct on the safty factor of your throttle being engaged.

Hey for you guys in the Calgary south area there is still about 12-15 open slots left for demo'ing the new 2013 Summit in Corbin between April4-8th. Go online to to book in!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am not saying you shouldn't role it over, but rolling it over while running, especially an etec with its light throttle pull can lead to the throttle being engaged.

Being that an etec is so easy to start anyways after being role over, why not just shut it off? Hey don't matter to me at the end of the day, its not my sled.

800xpaul

Reaction score

Glad you were able to try the Summit XM today, see you on the snow in the mountains :))))

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh if we don't get a xm for the dootalk ride I might sign up

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Top Bottom