Tire irons

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I use the motion pros. if you're careful you won't bugger the bling, just take your time. my rims are ktm black and i haven't scratched them yet in 3 changes. I never pack my spoons with me though???? I ride flat if it comes to it. lol

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so you ACTUALLY NEED a special tool because the wheels on your qaud are anodized? clear this up!!! sorry tee to the roy and others!!!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the motion pros. if you're careful you won't bugger the bling, just take your time. my rims are ktm black and i haven't scratched them yet in 3 changes. I never pack my spoons with me though???? I ride flat if it comes to it. lol
yeah man, they have been used on the trail more than once. some of the mountain stuff we ride has a lot of rocks, riding on a flat will result in a cut tire or worse a bent rim if a guy is far from camp. I pack a spare front tube, spoons, core tool, patch kit, co2 fillers and a small "sample" type can of wd-40. all fits inside an MSR front fender bag, you can kind of see it on there in this pic....handy.

grandecache10241Medium.jpg

getting used on the trail...note the broken handle on the spoon, do not use as hammer.
grandecache10204Medium.jpg

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'll pick up some pro motion spoons. Where do You get the small co2 canisters? I've only seen the big cans that we keep in the quad.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any issues with pressurized cartridges crossing the border?
the spare ones in the link are in BC, but I've had them shipped by the case from the US before with no issues.

~edit: just checked the US seller I got them from before and it says he can't ship them internationally anymore. good call

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is the canister enclosed on yours? found out the hard way not to hold onto the metal canister when you fill a tire...they freeze to your hand. that sucked

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
is the canister enclosed on yours? found out the hard way not to hold onto the metal canister when you fill a tire...they freeze to your hand. that sucked

Ya don't get the type of inflator that uses the threaded C02 canisters...junk...Get the enclosed ones with the "trigger" same as the pellet gun uses.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya don't get the type of inflator that uses the threaded C02 canisters...junk...Get the enclosed ones with the "trigger" same as the pellet gun uses.
those are cool, gonna have to grab a couple.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The time has come to change my tire, which kind of tire would you recommend? I ride a KTM 200. I do about 30% muddy outwest riding, 60% trail riding and 10% motocross riding. I am looking or a real aggressive tire, that will last, price isn't a big deal. My last tire was a kenda millville and it was alright but it wore out fast, the edge was gone in the first day, and I found I really had to slow down when cornering because the outter knobs wore right down.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
The time has come to change my tire, which kind of tire would you recommend? I ride a KTM 200. I do about 30% muddy outwest riding, 60% trail riding and 10% motocross riding. I am looking or a real aggressive tire, that will last, price isn't a big deal. My last tire was a kenda millville and it was alright but it wore out fast, the edge was gone in the first day, and I found I really had to slow down when cornering because the outter knobs wore right down.

I ride pretty much the same terrain as you. I just put the Kenda Washougal on and it absolutely performs very well in ALL conditions for me. It is a little softer but you're not going to find the perfect tire for all terrain that lasts forever. I wear a rear tire out every season sometimes two. I ride a KTM 450 SXF.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polarblu has started drinking MUCH earlier than the rest of us!

now mike you know that's not true, we all drink early he just slammed a few more than us. hehe. more beer please.

is there ever enough beer.

Top Bottom