another tire thread.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, i dont think they will be worse than the toyo C/Ts. They were decent but just looking at tread these should be better.

you didnt like the CT?
The bit hand loves them, says he can get 100k out of a set.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you didnt like the CT?
The bit hand loves them, says he can get 100k out of a set.
They were great for overall driving and longevity, just not great in winter. I am pretty sure i am over 100k with them, they are showing the wear now though.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were great for overall driving and longevity, just not great in winter. I am pretty sure i am over 100k with them, they are showing the wear now though.

Same thing he was saying and would buy again. If they were more aggresive I would be interested but I love my MT's

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t replace my Toyo at3’s either. Tire shop said there are in a sea-can waiting to be unloaded.. since last August! I went with Coopers Discoverer at3 xlt. 12.5x35x18. Got about 3000kms on them so far. Fairly aggressive,but quiet. I like em.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the C/Ts on my 3/4 diesel, based off the m55s. Have 100k km on them and they performed well. Might try the toyo at3s next, need something a bit better in the snow/ice.
If your looking for something better on snow and ice, stay away from the Toyo AT3s. I fell for that story last fall. They do NOT perform well on snow and ice. I ended up keeping them as my summer tires, and no complaints as I have about 20,000 on them now. I ended up with studded Arctic Claws for winter. They performed great on my F-250.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a set of Toyo AT3’s on my 2017 F350 this spring for the summer months. So far I’m pretty happy with them, decent traction offroad and fairly quiet on the highway considering their tread pattern. My only complaint is that they chuck rocks like a bastard but that’s to be expected with an AT type tire. I run the Toyo WLT1s in the winter with good results. As for the AT3 shortage, I ordered them last fall and they took about 3-4 months to come in (I was told 6 months).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your looking for something better on snow and ice, stay away from the Toyo AT3s. I fell for that story last fall. They do NOT perform well on snow and ice. I ended up keeping them as my summer tires, and no complaints as I have about 20,000 on them now. I ended up with studded Arctic Claws for winter. They performed great on my F-250.
Nothing even close to my size for arctic claws.

Thats the dilemma i find, a 17" tire rated for max capacity of towing with a diesel (with good manners), in the 35" range and can handle winter weather decently. I dont want to go to 2 seperate tires for seperate seasons. I dont use my truck much anymore, took me 7+ years to get 100k km on my existing tires. They start to weather check before i can wear them out.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Firestone MT2’s are awesome, running them on my Ram3500, fairly quiet for a mud tire, and wear well on pavement and gravel. For winter use I run Firestone Destination XT’s, they work well on snow and use, and seem to wear like iron…

Top Bottom