Tire irons

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in need of a set of tire irons for changing tires on My Bike this summer. I want some That are plastic or rubber coated so they don't scratch the nice black Rims on my KTM. What do you use?

Sent from my mobile telephone

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of pro motion spoons but they are not plastic coated, I haven't had to deal with the colored rims though. are they coated or anodized? what do the KTM shop guys use on them?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get a long set. Makes life a little easier. My first set were the shorter ones and they sucked.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get a long set. Makes life a little easier. My first set were the shorter ones and they sucked.
longer ones are sure nice, but tough to pack on the bike if that is what one needs them for. I have a set of short ones in the fender bag, sure they are a pain to use compared to longer spoons, but better than nothing on the trail. the long ones stay with the rest of the tools at camp or in the truck.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer longer ones as it will be for changing my tires at home. I once seen some plastic coated ones with grooves so they stay on the rim better, also they won't scratch the rim.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer longer ones as it will be for changing my tires at home. I once seen some plastic coated ones with grooves so they stay on the rim better, also they won't scratch the rim.
Shut the front door!!!!!! really?????? seriously??????? this website has gone down hill!!!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
checked on ADV, most guys are using either pieces of plastic or seat leather to protect their anodized aluminum wheels

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
you guys are so gay!!!!! For fox creek its a qaud!!!!

SO!! your going to get on my case too!!! do you need a special tool to change the tire on your lawn mower????!!!!!!!!
Wasn't getting on your case,just thought the only reason you'd come into a legitimate thread where someone was asking advice and call everyone gay was because you were drunk.

Top Bottom