tie down systems for enclosed trailers

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought a enclosed trailer for work, with the possibilty of hauling a few sleds around occasionally. it already has the d rings in the floor, so the sleds should be fine. but i was looking for a good sytem to attach to the walls of the trailer for hauling other material ect.
any body have an idea what that e-track system at princess auto is like?

. i'm hoping to have removable shelves in the trailer so when i need the extra space they can be some what easily removed. thanks, any other ideas would be great.:beer:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
E-Track is the only way to go. It's relatively inexpensive and simple to install. The removeable hooks are only $4 at Princess Auto. I run it all along the bottom of the walls in my toyhauler, and I bought 20 hooks, never run out of anchor points tying down the quads and bike.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep. got my enclosed setup with e-track now. the price was right and the combinations are endless. i even cut off some standard superclamp mounts and welded them to the etrack clips so i can move my superclamps wherever they need to go. you will find the d-rings start to dissapear after a few uses. my trailer came with them and im down to about 2.

Anthony C

Reaction score
Yep in my opinion E track is the way to go. I have a 2 place Karavan snowmobile trailer. I put 6 10 feet lengths of E track down, 4 lengths for 2. 4 wheelers, and 2 lengths center for one 4 wheeler. I went and bought 6 webs that go over the rear tires of the 4 wheelers, enough locks for the E track. The 4 wheelers don't move with the webs on the 2 rear tires!

Last edited:

Anthony C

Reaction score
Yep in my opinion E track is the way to go. I have a 2 place Karavan snowmobile trailer. I put 6 10 feet lengths of E track down, 4 lengths for 2. 4 wheelers, and 2 lengths center for one 4 wheeler. I went and bought 6 webs that go over the rear tires of the 4 wheelers, enough locks for the E track. The 4 wheelers don't move with the webs on the 2 rear tires!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
E track as well. no more tripping over straps crossing all over the place to get to the d rings.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
E track as well. no more tripping over straps crossing all over the place to get to the d rings.

my trailer only has supports every 24" on the floor. but it has a 1" wood floor. i used self tapping bolts where they cross the supports but used about 500 wood screws to fill EVERY hole. think i will have any issues with this?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
e-track all the way. I modded one of the 2x4 holders to work with the superclamps. I can move it anywear. The other ties down options are great as well.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my trailer only has supports every 24" on the floor. but it has a 1" wood floor. i used self tapping bolts where they cross the supports but used about 500 wood screws to fill EVERY hole. think i will have any issues with this?
Pretty much the same thing I did, no issues yet and I don't plan on to unless the trailers upside down in which i"ll have bigger issues to worry about. Actually had some of the screws pull out from the original d-rings, so i'm very confident in these e tracks.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did the same thing with some of my tracks. difference being mine were on the wall. my trailer has the 3/8 plywood on the wall and supports every 24 inches. seems pretty tough. went with 4' vertical tracks in the front and the back. like i said, mine is mostly for work, hauling kitchens ect... might get some more and put the 2x4 holders on for some removable shelves. IMG-20110923-00192.jpg

Top Bottom