Theft on the Triangle trail

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My name is Ryan and I live in the Edmonton area, on Jan 30th 2010, Myself and 11 others decided to ride the Golden Triangle trail from Whitecourt to Fox Creek.
All was going well other then lack of snow, Which is part of the cause in all this. Anyways, one rider caught a stump with his sled, busting the right side A arm. we limped it back to a lease road near Location H on the ASA map. where we parked it out of site from the road. We left it there and finished the ride to Fox Creek. On our way back we stopped at his sled, 2007 M8 162 track Green in color. and he swithed his gloves. He had two jerry cans on the back, someone had borrowed fuel. No biggie. We used the rest to top off a couple of the thirster sleds and ran back to Whitecourt where we loaded up. drove the truck to Eagle Tower Road, turned left at the Triangle trail crossing and went down across the bridge towards his sled. No way of seeing it from the road. Got the truck and trailer turned around, walked into the trail to find some one(s) had raided his sled. They stole his spare belt, tool kit, his handle bar bag, one jerry can, both tie straps, and his shovel. Who does this stuff. talk about adding insult to injury. We buy our trail passes @ $60 a pass, insure our sleds @ $200 a year, register them @ $40, drive all that way to try new trails (which isn't cheap), to have a bunch of belongings stolen after wrecking???? WHY??? you can imagine how upset and mad he was, and the rest of us were pretty choked too. He said He'll never ride those trails again because of this. If you did this, Grow up, if it anit yours don't touch it. or if you know who did it, do the right thing here. That person is scum and is wrecking this sprot for everyone. I hope karma kicks the ass of who did this. We wish you a life time of hardship and problems.
Thank you.

Ryan Rexin

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That sucks!!!Karma can be a nasty b!tch!Hope it is this time...

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks,but it sounds like your blameing the place that you rode. I don't think that the place is the problem,just certain people that are on the trail. These theifs could be from anywhere and any age. Don,t blame white court area as this could and does happen everywhere

Wacko Jacko

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the scum rising to the surface of our sled society once again!
As for if anyone who knows about the dirtbag who did this... chances are anyone riding with the idiot will not be posting any response as "the apple does not fall far from the tree" and any moral person who was witness to this theft would have left their trail partner in rough shape from the beating that he deserved!!:rant:

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's tough to take. I don't know about the rest of the people on this site, but I see all sledders as riding partners. If I see someone broke down, I will stop and do my best to help them get going again, or give them a ride to where ever they need to go. And I know many others out there would do the exact same thing for me. Even if we have never met each other before. When stuff like this happens, but people are effecting the whole sport. EVEN THEMSELVES. It's because of theft and vandilsm is part of why our insurance premiums are so high. That person is actually helping raise their own insurance. IDIOTS.

I bet you a dime to a dollar, it was a group or pair of younger riders, that have not learned or been taught anything about respect. Best thing that could happen is for these people to be caught in the act and learn respect the hard way.

Sorry about the rant, but I can't stand ignorant stuff like this.
:nono:

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your stolen stuff but, before your friend trys to blame people that run the trail HE should look in the mirror! Some ???come to my mind when i read your thread.1 y not tow the sled? no tow rope ? 2 y didnt he stay with the sled and his buddies go get the transportation ? I myself with that many friends rideing with me would find a way to get that sled back !!! Sorry again,dont mean to rag on you .You and your friends made some wrong decisions and gave a thief the a easy mark.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your stolen stuff but, before your friend trys to blame people that run the trail HE should look in the mirror! Some ???come to my mind when i read your thread.1 y not tow the sled? no tow rope ? 2 y didnt he stay with the sled and his buddies go get the transportation ? I myself with that many friends rideing with me would find a way to get that sled back !!! Sorry again,dont mean to rag on you .You and your friends made some wrong decisions and gave a thief the a easy mark.

He should share the blame because some fugtard stole his stuff out in the middle of nowhere??? Probably "brother" sledders no less. Not like he left it in an alley downtown.

gr8tdragon

Reaction score
I hope the bugger that stole his gear get a big boot from karma. These people have no respect for anyone else. Age don't make a differance as the ones who stole from me were in their thirtys. It is just a matter of no respect. Kick a guy more when he is all ready down. Hope someone did see them or is even one of their riding buddies that turns them in. Sorry man for your loss, hope you have no trouble fixing your sled.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ARE YOU NUTS!!!!
No matter where you leave something, if it ain't yours, DONT F---CK With it!!
There was a thread here about someone leaving their boat tied up to their dock and someone stole it. is that the owners fault as well?? We leave our trucks in our driveways and they get stolen, leave sleds in our trailers and they get stolen. Crooks are crooks, no matter where you leave something if they want it they will take it and that is WRONG in every way!!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think you should edit out every thing from your comment except Sorry for your stolen stuff.

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All i was trying to say was " DONT GIVE THEIFS A EASY TARGET !! " I would never leave a sled out on a trail even if it is hidden .END OF STORY.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have done the same if it were my sled and I could get close enough to the trail to load it in the truck...Why ruin everyone elses day by having to tow it if you don't have to and burn up someone's belt?? I think you are missing the point of this thread...You should be safe to leave your sled on the trail for a couple hrs without some lowlife coming along and looting your sh&%. Like stated above Karma is a bit$%.

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All i was trying to say was " DONT GIVE THEIFS A EASY TARGET !! " I would never leave a sled out on a trail even if it is hidden .END OF STORY.

YES I agree don't give thieves an easy target... BUT COME ON, the sled was hidden ... Man if you have to lock up, bolt down, cage in, or maybe even totally move a sled so you almost can't find it when you get back there somethings WRONG. People have no respect for other peoples property. And YES why screw up the whole day (for the other X amount of riders) on a long run that will take all day. He would have had to guard it all day. Man if the sled is out there, leave it alone, if you need some fuel, well leave some cash, if you need other things leave some CASH, and a note with your info on it. YES I am -isssed off about things like this, find the thieving person or persons that did it and hope they can be told about this or taught a lesson on the MATTER .. The word has to get out there so this stuff STOPS happening... my 2 cents

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Al ley cat

Are you slow or just ignorant?
I would never want to ride with you. I would hate to break down and wait all day by my self until you decided to come pick me up. Give you head a shake.

summit1000man

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind having a bait sled sitting somewhere and sit in some trees and wait for some idiot to come try to take it

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GREAT POST...NOW that is a great idea, let me know I am in. OH 300's are fun... don't ask someone (-- -- ---) to take you there OR pick you up,,, cause you will have to sit there all day until they get back.. might get a little cold.. Pack a big lunch, hot coffee, blanket, sleeping bag, etc.... keep it out of sight or watch close cause it might get stolen ..... lol lmao

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet you a dime to a dollar, it was a group or pair of younger riders, that have not learned or been taught anything about respect. Best thing that could happen is for these people to be caught in the act and learn respect the hard way.

Sorry about the rant, but I can't stand ignorant stuff like this.
:nono:

Not necessarily young riders, I do not believe that is fair to say! I do agree the chance of it may be higher however not all young people r theives! I am 19yrs old and have a huge amount of respect for fellow sledders as well as morals in general, If I was ever in a situation where I needed help Id hope others would be as willing as I to help out.

Sry to hear about whats happend, very unfortunate!

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also like to set a bait sled up somewhere,we need to start doing something to put some fear in these thieves:rant:

Top Bottom