the untold problem 2008 09 polaris 800 eng failures

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
POW-WOW is soooooooo sick of His Dragon......

He is Turning " Green "....

Trying a Different Animal...... " Puuuurrrfect ".....

Rumor has it....

He is also VERY PI$$ED ......YIKES !

He thought they had it ALL worked out ......

He has NO Confidence left in Polaris....

They are sooooooo pretty......siit

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
heard some distrubing news that over 1/2 of the 800 dragons that the local popo dealer sold this fall are back in the shop for piston failures.

friend blew piston(s) twice and finally they gave him a crate motor (200+KM) he just got rid of his 900RMK. LOL

i was thinkin of goin back to polaris but that has changed. seems like popo is takin care of their customers unlike doo sweeping their problems under the mat

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
heard some distrubing news that over 1/2 of the 800 dragons that the local popo dealer sold this fall are back in the shop for piston failures.

friend blew piston(s) twice and finally they gave him a crate motor (200+KM) he just got rid of his 900RMK. LOL

i was thinkin of goin back to polaris but that has changed. seems like popo is takin care of their customers unlike sweeping doo sweeping their problems under the mat
......Oh Joy....

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
oh joy is rite... to tell you the truth my other friends 08 700 dragon is absolutly a great sled. it seems to keep rite up with any 800. what problem does poo have with just adding a little more hp?????

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This past weekend we had two dragon 800's in the shop for new sliders and both had totally toasted the rails.. I suggested to the one guy that might not be the best idea to ride it as it had worn so much of the rail away but he said he had two days of ridin left so just do the best you can to get a pair of sliders on it.. So i did he didn't end up coming back so i guess it made it thru the weekend. A buddy of mine put a pair of hyperfax sliders on his dragon and didn't add any extra wheels and he's got lots of miles on it with no issue.

yoggibear

Reaction score

i was thinkin of goin back to polaris but that has changed. seems like popo is takin care of their customers unlike doo sweeping their problems under the mat
i live in st.paul work at smyl motors in sales dept i just got my sled back made 50 mi but going out this weekend will put 200 mi on i will check the amount oif oil it is using i m confident it will be ok keep sledding marcel

mainbrook

Reaction score
add one more to the pile of dead dragons ,lost compression on clutch side.
some one must have a fix for this.

W

woodies

buddy just had the clutch piston fixed after a mid range burn down,they turned up the oil and reflashed it. bandaid fix?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cycleworks west guy said they have only seen three blow up 800's this year.
On the same note, Echo marine dude said that they have only seen four XP drive shaft failures.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there's been lots don't know exact# but polaris has run out of cyls and pistons all on back order!!!some dealers are saving good used pistons to just keep guys riding!!

S

sldgy

there's been lots don't know exact# but polaris has run out of cyls and pistons all on back order!!!some dealers are saving good used pistons to just keep guys riding!!

supposed to have pistons available tomorrow (3-22) we will see, guess I should have them get me some extras as I don't believe they have a clue what it will take to fix the problem

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting read on snowest,a letter has surfaced.won't believe till my dealer says somthing

yoggibear

Reaction score
interesting read on snowest,a letter has surfaced.won't believe till my dealer says somthing
my dealer put the short block on because the crank was good and he put the pistons and head and reset the computer box or reflash but first when repairing the eng i made him open the oil to the eng it was not getting enough oil i just made 300 mi on it and is now using more oil and this machine is just wild i luv it again i feel very confident now and i was told by the dealer they cut down on the oil to meet the usa emission std bunch of idiots hope u get yours done but get your dealer to do the same for u good luck

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another dragon died for the thrid time... and twice this year.....

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My dealer showed me the letter last week......they are supposed to have the problem solved in 60 days........does nothing for this year.......suprise, surprise. I was unaware these engines were "very high preformance engines", but this is what the letter said. I'm not sure if your dealers will outright show the letter so asking is probably the best. Good luck.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to get my front shocks pumped up will ask them then.

yoggibear

Reaction score
My dealer showed me the letter last week......they are supposed to have the problem solved in 60 days........does nothing for this year.......suprise, surprise. I was unaware these engines were "very high preformance engines", but this is what the letter said. I'm not sure if your dealers will outright show the letter so asking is probably the best. Good luck.
can you give me the info or e mail pomm@telus.net i live in st.paul i m in sales at the gm store name marcel martin ty

Top Bottom