the untold problem 2008 09 polaris 800 eng failures

Caddydaddy

Reaction score
I bought 3- 700's Brand New. All engines failed by 1,200 miles. One engine was rebuilt and lasted 83 miles. I just traded my blown 700 under warranty for an 08' 800D. I am petrified to ride the damn thing till' this issue is solved.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 3- 700's Brand New. All engines failed by 1,200 miles. One engine was rebuilt and lasted 83 miles. I just traded my blown 700 under warranty for an 08' 800D. I am petrified to ride the damn thing till' this issue is solved.

i would say there was an issue that caused the engine to fail in 83 miles. oviously it got missed during the rebuild.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
2006/900 been good so far... Pulls like a freight train !, Maybe just got lucky? But content so far.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did they tell you the reason for the engine failures was? Mine was because of a faulty voltage regulator.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does Polaris have a spec for operating temp that is programed into the ECM? Does Polaris publish technical info to the dealers?

I believe my dealer had said it went into limp mode at 150, they say coolant temps above 150, detonation is more likely to occur. In the powder my does 126.
The top end just blew up on mine (mag side), number 3...even after the update. They haven't been able to tell me why yet. I run Shell 91 octane, with Polaris Gold Plus, and the Iridium NGK BPR9EIX plugs. I also have a MBRP can. It's never grenaded in the moutains, but I've had no luck on the flatlands...

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe my dealer had said it went into limp mode at 150, they say coolant temps above 150, detonation is more likely to occur. In the powder my does 126.
The top end just blew up on mine (mag side), number 3...even after the update. They haven't been able to tell me why yet. I run Shell 91 octane, with Polaris Gold Plus, and the Iridium NGK BPR9EIX plugs. I also have a MBRP can. It's never grenaded in the moutains, but I've had no luck on the flatlands...
May be the voltage regulator. They're known to be faulty and mine caused me to have to replace both pistons.

Top Bottom