The start of a 4 year disarmament in US

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest I don't agree with AP shells in civilian hands, but I don't like the idea of banning and restricting firearms.

It's proven that in places where firearms are more restricted violent crime goes up.

AP shells will go through body armor but it does very little damage. Hollow points do a lot more damage, but won't go through body armor.

Dont get me wrong. I am not for the abolition of fire arms. I have concerns about assault rifles and obviously AP bullets. A good high powered hunting rifle will knock a guy with a vest down and put him out of action for a short time. Plenty of time to subdue him or get the hell out of dodge.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
food for thought.....

Attachments

• gun.jpg
    gun.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 152

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong. I am not for the abolition of fire arms. I have concerns about assault rifles and obviously AP bullets. A good high powered hunting rifle will knock a guy with a vest down and put him out of action for a short time. Plenty of time to subdue him or get the hell out of dodge.

A shotgun with slugs will do more damage than a AP bullet will do, and there is no call to ban them...yet.

Armor piercing bullets aren't that big of problem at this point, but banning them helps ease Americans into the idea of gun control.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Common sense dictates the same to me but there is some pretty damning evidence there.... I love the Michael Moore movies but am aware of the 1/2 truthes and selective information... this Sandy Hook thing is ameture and presents some pretty odd evidence.

So the whole town is in on this? Or are all the families of the victims new to town so no one knows them? About as likely as the 911 conspiracy. Too many people involved to keep it quiet.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask the Syrian people if they think only the government should have Military Grade weapons.
Ask the Holocaust survivers if they think only the governemnt should have Military grade weapons.
Ask the Libyans.
Should i carry on?

Wow...
So, you think that the US government is going to start genocide and that the American people need fully automatic weapons and assault rifles to protect themselves. I don't care what kind of gun you have in your hand, you aren't protecting yourself or family from the US military if genocide ever happens in America. Unless you are holding Stinger missiles or a 50 caliber turret is mounted to your garage you have no chance. One guy with his thumb on a button will be able to kills thousands from his F22 in seconds. Get real, dude.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at actual murder stats out of that. Majority of those were accidents and gang related shootings. Look at violent crime per capita in those countries compared to the US.

What do you consider violent crime? If you just look at the stats of japan. 8 gun related deaths in a population of 127 million. That is a population roughly a third of the US with gun related deaths less than a thousandth of the US.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow...
So, you think that the US government is going to start genocide and that the American people need fully automatic weapons and assault rifles to protect themselves. I don't care what kind of gun you have in your hand, you aren't protecting yourself or family from the US military if genocide ever happens in America. Unless you are holding Stinger missiles or a 50 caliber turret is mounted to your garage you have no chance. One guy with his thumb on a button will be able to kills thousands from his F22 in seconds. Get real, dude.

People thought they would roll right over the Vietcong to. What about the Taliban? Weren't able to go through them very easily.

This is not a discussion about whether the civilians would stand a chance but about whether they should have a right to defend themselves.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you consider violent crime? If you just look at the stats of japan. 8 gun related deaths in a population of 127 million. That is a population roughly a third of the US with gun related deaths less than a thousandth of the US.

Standings, murder, armed robbery, assault, assault with a deadly weapons, etc.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People thought they would roll right over the Vietcong to. What about the Taliban? Weren't able to go through them very easily.

This is not a discussion about whether the civilians would stand a chance but about whether they should have a right to defend themselves.

I know this isn't a discussion about where they have a chance or not. These are civilians. What are they defending themselves from though? Their malicious government that is out to kill them? Where does it end to protect themselves? Sell tanks down at the dealership?
Get rid of hand guns and automatic weapons. I'm not saying that gun related deaths will disappear but guarantee they will be more in line with the rest of the developed world when in comes to per capita deaths. Protect your home with a shotgun, carry a tazer or pepper spray. You will protect yourself, but you aren't killing anyone.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who`s got the most powerful military in the world? Not 100% sure, but pretty positive, it's our neighbours to the south, then Russia, then China. Why would they have to rely on it's citizens to protect them against attack? I'm all for having guns to protect your family and property, but an assault rifle with who knows how many rounds/sec.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Piers Morgan Tonight, Interview with Ted Nugent - May 19, 2011 - YouTube

Better? Not Alex jones but has ripped many tv hosts apart about gun control
Yes.... but I think they both have good points. Why do we have to make it so easy for the unstable people to get the guns they want.... and do we all need machine guns to protect ourselves?? I don't understand why the responsible gun owners would have any issues getting permits to have their guns. What are they afraid of?

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes.... but I think they both have good points. Why do we have to make it so easy for the unstable people to get the guns they want.... and do we all need machine guns to protect ourselves?? I don't understand why the responsible gun owners would have any issues getting permits to have their guns. What are they afraid of?

Absolutely. I'm 100% for proper licensing as long as its not overly difficult to get like Australian laws., it's the removal im against.

Top Bottom