The new Ski-Doo Shot start system(it's not electric start)

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had this on this season a 175 I have, it is awesome , magneto not beefed up everything is the same only addition is ultra capacitor, wait till ya try it! It works better than They suggest, they want to under play it do to the whinny guys, 1 hour rest I still have starts. Vids to come but still gambling in Reno!

Or under play it in case once mass production begins it becomes a Game Changing Failure!!
It is a neat idea though. Hopefully it stays working well.

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you accidentally bump the button while in forward or reverse (while riding) will it cause any damage? Might be a stupid question...

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo had RER out for 4 years and still some Polaris guys laughed when I told them you push a button and the engine runs backwards. I guess shot is along the same lines as this.

Ummm no. Skidoo had RER in 2002. Polaris had it on there sleds in 2003. Not sure if brp will give this up though. Looks pretty cool. Might be hard to patten though as this isn't new technology, just new to sleds.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you accidentally bump the button while in forward or reverse (while riding) will it cause any damage? Might be a stupid question...
I would expect that there will be a safe guard similar to what the RER system has where it won't kick in unless unit is not running.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My question is will the "super capacitor" interfere with beacons and radios?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It should have no more effect than a battery would. You need a rapidly changing electric or magnetic field to cause EMF interference.

Last edited:

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the idea. If i could afford a new sled this is definitely the way I would go. I currently have estart on my XM as I would rather have the extra weight than having to pull it over numerous times a day in precarious situations. To have technology that allows me to only have to pull it over once in a day and save the weight is a huge win in my opinion. Who cares if this technology has been around already because doo is first to introduce it on a sled and its a huge step in my opinion.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Number 5 has nothing to do with his comment. It's not new tech. Just new to the snowmobile world. And a good thing imo.
100% BRP invention.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
A device does not need to be wireless to generate interference.

Oh? lol. So.. cell phones, radios, cameras with bluetooth... All the things they warn you about...... Anything with the ability to TRANSMIT a signal. Ill go set my beacon on a capacitor or battery all day long its not going to do a damn thing. Even with your cell phones your told to leave them ON YOUR SLED....... This capacitor is going to be ON the sled.. So unless you get buried inside your door panel im not sure why this is even a conversation?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should have no more effect than a battery would. You need a rapidly changing electric or magnetic field to cause EMF interference.

Oh? lol. So.. cell phones, radios, cameras with bluetooth... All the things they warn you about...... Anything with the ability to TRANSMIT a signal. Ill go set my beacon on a capacitor or battery all day long its not going to do a damn thing. Even with your cell phones your told to leave them ON YOUR SLED....... This capacitor is going to be ON the sled.. So unless you get buried inside your door panel im not sure why this is even a conversation?

I agree that the capacitor will not generate interference. I was just correcting an incorrect statement you made that a device has to have a transmitter to generate interference.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I agree that the capacitor will not generate interference. I was just correcting an incorrect statement you made that a device has to have a transmitter to generate interference.

does a cell phone have what you consider a rapidly changing electric and magnetic field? I guess that would make sense.

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Try listening to the radio while parked under a high-voltage powerline...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try listening to the radio while parked under a high-voltage powerline...
He's a sales man, not a engineer

And I could see possible interference when it's charging up the cap
But once topped up not anymore I would think

sent while drinking tea's

Last edited:
Top Bottom