THE Donald

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny, two guys just bought the section next to me came from Montana. Said they are never looking back. Said they couldn't move fast enough

What part of the Middle East are they from?
They have dual citizenship already ?

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He lives on the other side of the other side of the tracks from me

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 gay guys from the Middle East are gunna get stoned to death in Canada!!!!.....oh wait,sorry that only happens in Middle East and Africa.oops my bad

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was sunning my ass in Mexico earlier this year and met a couple from Quebec who were recently graduated dr.s. Talked at length about Canada's medical system compared to US. He said in school they teach them the difference between the two countries. He said the typical Canadian pays 3500 per person per year off taxation. In the US the number is 8500 for the insurance style coverage. However he said the Americans have access to far more sophisticated equipment and if it's a threatening situation no wait times once so ever. You could be moved to any facility that will have room for you. All very interesting to say the least. He said the volume of people in the us is their benefit as they require more facilities. However he did say Canada's stricter regulations usually mean better diagnosis here at home!! I was happy to hear that. They were very nice couple.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was sunning my ass in Mexico earlier this year and met a couple from Quebec who were recently graduated dr.s. Talked at length about Canada's medical system compared to US. He said in school they teach them the difference between the two countries. He said the typical Canadian pays 3500 per person per year off taxation. In the US the number is 8500 for the insurance style coverage. However he said the Americans have access to far more sophisticated equipment and if it's a threatening situation no wait times once so ever. You could be moved to any facility that will have room for you. All very interesting to say the least. He said the volume of people in the us is their benefit as they require more facilities. However he did say Canada's stricter regulations usually mean better diagnosis here at home!! I was happy to hear that. They were very nice couple.

According to this Alberta is about $4800/year. Which a person wouldn't think is bad, until you consider that a family of 5 pays almost $20g a year on health care.

These statistics also include the costs of new hospitals, which I know Grande Prairie forsure has one under construction at over $500 million.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to me the cost is similar , but the level of service is far better in the US.
The problem is a lot of Americans chose to spend their money on other things , rather than health care insurance. Then the horror stories come about .

In Canada we have no option , we pay wether we want to or not ...the tax structure and cost of living certainly affords a reasonable insurance plan to be budgeted in ...
Our system is broken though , and can not sustain it self .. mainly do to the fact the vast majority think our system is free !

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup go to any large city medical facility it is usually full of new Canadians, getting the free stuff. but i now here it isn't free?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to me the cost is similar , but the level of service is far better in the US.
The problem is a lot of Americans chose to spend their money on other things , rather than health care insurance. Then the horror stories come about .

In Canada we have no option , we pay wether we want to or not ...the tax structure and cost of living certainly affords a reasonable insurance plan to be budgeted in ...
Our system is broken though , and can not sustain it self .. mainly do to the fact the vast majority think our system is free !

I most definitely agree that our healthcare system is broken, the wait times are ridiculous, cancer misdiagnoses seem to run rampant, and if you ever get a correct cancer diagnoses the cost of drugs are outrageous since they aren't covered by our system. Not to mention that a lot of our doctors aren't even trained in this country and some barely speak english.

I'm not for the privatization of health care by any means it is a service that is fundamental to society, but if it could provide better care for the same price I would be all for it.

Top Bottom