Tekvest

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not about get on a soap box about wearing protective equipment want to wear. However after going ass over tea kettle over my handles bars at low speed, when my ski got stuck between a gap between a rock and the hill I was on, sure wish I had a tekvest on. Ended up landing on the edge of rock with arm and ribs. Vest wouldn't have protected my arm but sure would have reduced or even had it so rubs weren't injured.

Arm just ended up being badly bruised and will be ready to ride by the end of 2 weeks, ribs however will be an additional week or longer. From this day forward I will be wearing a tekvest. I know people think the snow will protect them, it won't if something is under the snow.

Just just my 2 cents.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed!! Broke 2 ribs 30 days ago and will be heading out tomorrow to ride for the first time! They are still very tender and sore, ordered a Demon vest, sure hope it gets here today!

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, more people would benefit from a tek vest, then an air pack.

I've often wondered why the air bags seem to get all the attention, especially with all the tree riding and encouragement to stay off open slopes.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a Wary Tekvest/airbag. I really like it and wouldn't ride anywhere with out it. Wary is know out of business and the last remaining stock is very cheap. Worth the look. Snowpulse is also a good choice.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah after the girlfriend had a bad quad accident that put her in the hospital for 12 days, in which injury would have been avoided with body armor, I promptly bought us both shock doctor body armor for quadding and tekvests for sledding. I've had some close calls with the bars/trees/ground/machine since and am glad I've had it. I recommend it to anyone who's interested in any serious riding and most all quadding.

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
I'm running the snow pulse tech vest/airbag with the armor in it. Seems like a nice setup and very comfortable to wear. Haven't crash tested the armor yet but hope to keep it that way as long as possible.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit teh handlebars full chest once. Looong recovery from cracked ribs. Wear a Tekvest every ride and love it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, more people would benefit from a tek vest, then an air pack.

I've often wondered why the air bags seem to get all the attention, especially with all the tree riding and encouragement to stay off open slopes.

Totally agree. I've been wearing body armour for many years longer than my avi bag. I'll still ride without the avi bag depending on where we're going, but never without the body armour.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got my tek vest and was wondering do you guys wear your beacon under or over the vest, i cant deciede which is the better way to go

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This past weekend the tekvest my teenage son was wearing saved his shoulder and ribs when his sled rolled and hit him. After I got hit in the back rolling my sled a few years ago without one we all have been wearing one and its amazing how many times it has helped! From broken branches in tree wells to handle bars in the chest it sure can save a lot of pain. The only question is if you'll buy one before or after you have a serious incident.... If you ride with your kids please give them the gear to keep them safe. You'll be glad you did!

magnet32

Reaction score
snow pulse vest / bag combo ,won't ride with out them . Can never go wrong wearing safety gear . crashed three years ago with abs bag and teck vest on three cracked ribs and four separated , would have been real bad with out gear

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends how you wear your gear. I put my protective gear under my shell jacket, so I guess we have the same amount of layers to go through.

Yes same amount of Layers. I'm wearing the wary avy pac with protective gear so not really an under coat deal. It would look funny though when I pulled the cord with my coat over top :D

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes same amount of Layers. I'm wearing the wary avy pac with protective gear so not really an under coat deal. It would look funny though when I pulled the cord with my coat over top :D
That would be pretty funny, I was assuming you were wearing the TekVest. I don't have any armour in my Highmark Vest, but wear MotoX armour underneath.

Top Bottom