Harley and the Broken Foot

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
June 13/22 - on my way to Med Hat to connect with family during that horrendous storm in Calgary. Stopping to clean glasses on a pull off and I lose my footing on the rain, wind and gravel. Harley lands on my foot (no damage to bike).
So I have a bruised foot. Grab a hotel in Calg. Next morning (Tuesday) even more rain and now it’s 80-90kmh winds. Off to Med Hat.
Foots darn sore but a bruised foot should
be. Spend day with friends limping, but not to bad, all over the city.
Wed morning my foot is really swollen so I go to Emerg. Yep, 2 breaks I’m 4th digit and on fracture in 5th ( baby toe).
Thanks to all who offered to rescue bit on the end SummitRic’s schedule worked best.
2 weeks later I get to see a Dr and they want to let it heal on its own. That’s good news for the later part of summer but others are saying I should push to get it pinned.
Any input wound be appreciated

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
June 13/22 - on my way to Med Hat to connect with family during that horrendous storm in Calgary. Stopping to clean glasses on a pull off and I lose my footing on the rain, wind and gravel. Harley lands on my foot (no damage to bike).
So I have a bruised foot. Grab a hotel in Calg. Next morning (Tuesday) even more rain and now it’s 80-90kmh winds. Off to Med Hat.
Foots darn sore but a bruised foot should
be. Spend day with friends limping, but not to bad, all over the city.
Wed morning my foot is really swollen so I go to Emerg. Yep, 2 breaks I’m 4th digit and on fracture in 5th ( baby toe).
Thanks to all who offered to rescue bit on the end SummitRic’s schedule worked best.
2 weeks later I get to see a Dr and they want to let it heal on its own. That’s good news for the later part of summer but others are saying I should push to get it pinned.
Any input wound be appreciated

Attachments

• FEA110F0-0D17-42E6-A3D3-703C2F7F42E3.jpeg
    FEA110F0-0D17-42E6-A3D3-703C2F7F42E3.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 45EF2F5F-FCE3-48D9-A180-4B739A7AD13A.jpeg
    45EF2F5F-FCE3-48D9-A180-4B739A7AD13A.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 309D1F32-5B52-4D83-A1C3-681AB41AEAAE.jpeg
    309D1F32-5B52-4D83-A1C3-681AB41AEAAE.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 145

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Got my foot caught in my wife’s track in February 2021. It broke one of the top bones and they wanted to pin it. I was finally busy again at work so I just air cast it for a few weeks. I would get my foot in my work boot in the morning and as long as boots were tight I was good. Took a fairly long time to heal but probably less than pins and such. Hopefully it doesn’t cause issue long term but I will deal with that if it happens.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id just get an air cast. Unless you like surgery.

I probably wouldnt have went to the doctor though, I would have went straight to the air cast lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
When I broke the lower part of my Fibula, the attending doctor put on an air cast. I was not a good patient and bused the break nearly every day. 3 months later it wasn’t healing (like in still hurting) and I was sent to an orthopaedic surgeon. He was up front and frank; you haven’t given this the proper rest. He didn’t think surgery (pins and a plate) was necessary and there would be more trauma to the original injury and he admitted that he didn’t know how it would affect me later in life. I listened to him and spent some time resting and looking after it.
Long story short, the resting fixed it up. To this day, I feel no ill effects.
Rest is good for healing.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That’s a Royal drag but no damage to the bike and minimal damage too you is a good ending .

Top Bottom