Tail light....?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tail light burned out in my Brute 750, and based upon trail and error, I'm almost 90% sure the bulb doesn't screw out. So, how do I get this little bugger out? (Its not toooooooo important seeing as how the quad runs just fine without it :rolleyes: ) but just something I'd like to fix sooner than later before someone rear ends me in the dark.... Thanks. :beer:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tail light burned out in my Brute 750, and based upon trail and error, I'm almost 90% sure the bulb doesn't screw out. So, how do I get this little bugger out? (Its not toooooooo important seeing as how the quad runs just fine without it :rolleyes: ) but just something I'd like to fix sooner than later before someone rear ends me in the dark.... Thanks. :beer:

you take it to the mechanic and have them replace it for $40:d:beer::beer:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got better things to put 40 bucks towards, lol. I'm sure if you can DIY snorkels, then a bulb should be a piece of cake... :confused:

Mine was I'm for some other work other wise I woulda done it myself. I had to buy a whole new assembly though cause my old one was absolutely destroyed

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got some water into the tail light assembly and it corroded the light so much that it nearly fused to the socket. Took some pliers and a bit of elbow grease to get the bugger out! If your light is similar, the thing is spring loaded and should need to be pushed in and then turned a bit to pop out.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you do get it out slather dielectric grease to prevent anymore corrosion or better yet stay out of the water! :d Just kidding Quad, that would be like asking you not to breathe!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got some water into the tail light assembly and it corroded the light so much that it nearly fused to the socket. Took some pliers and a bit of elbow grease to get the bugger out! If your light is similar, the thing is spring loaded and should need to be pushed in and then turned a bit to pop out.

Was this on a Brute? I got the light cover off (2 screws) and the bulb is a PITA!!

I would trade it in ASAP.....

Yeah.... "Whats the reason for sale"

-"Damn tail light stopped working, has to go!" :rolleyes:

For a good quad like a poo poo xp

:eek: No more poos... Had enough problems, at least this way light bulbs are cheaper than output shafts, and bad clutch seals... That never seem to seal.

When you do get it out slather dielectric grease to prevent anymore corrosion or better yet stay out of the water! :d Just kidding Quad, that would be like asking you not to breathe!

Thanks for the tip! And yeah, my Brute is amphibious. :p

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah my light issue was on my Renegade... Was pretty straight forward though, once I managed to dig through the corrosion a bit.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a good quad like a poo poo xp

agree! everybody gets a lemon once in a while. but iv noticed that the harder u ride the xp the better it lasts! the brutes are ok if u cant handle all of the xp's power! lol jk! friend of mine treats his really nice and i bag the snought out of mine and he has more warranty claims than i do! other people i know that run the crap out of them tend to have them last longer. just what i've noticed:beer::beer::beer:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah my light issue was on my Renegade... Was pretty straight forward though, once I managed to dig through the corrosion a bit.

Ah, I wish mine was simple haha. Might need to do a renegade tail light conversion... :rolleyes:

agree! everybody gets a lemon once in a while. but iv noticed that the harder u ride the xp the better it lasts! the brutes are ok if u cant handle all of the xp's power! lol jk! friend of mine treats his really nice and i bag the snought out of mine and he has more warranty claims than i do! other people i know that run the crap out of them tend to have them last longer. just what i've noticed:beer::beer::beer:

Nope, that didn't work for me. Baby or bag, my XP still fell apart.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just cause you scared of the V. :rolleyes:

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you first started having trouble with your popo I thought you might have ran into a lemon but seeing now that you have trouble changing a simple tail light Im starting to think the weakest link was something other than the polaris quad. :d:smiliestirthepot:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you first started having trouble with your popo I thought you might have ran into a lemon but seeing now that you have trouble changing a simple tail light Im starting to think the weakest link was something other than the polaris quad. :d:smiliestirthepot:

Changing bulbs and tinting 'em on my truck was EZ. Kawasaki must have put a lock on this one... :confused:

Top Bottom