T Motion Kit

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
I already had the Extream shock upgrade to make it like the 2010 had to buy new rails so bought the 2012 rails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350970442.405978.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350970486.545193.jpg we put a lot of weight on it and it does not push up at all maybe I am missing something

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I notice by the photos that the suspensions that have been upgraded to the T-Motion that there is a two wheel set-up on the rear of the suspension. Does the two wheel set-up come with the T-Motion kit or does it have to be purchased seperatly? And if you do have to purchase it seperatly is it a must to have with the T-Motion set-up? I am seriously thinking of installing the T-Motion on my 2011 etec summit 154 but I am going to sit back and wait to see what the results are of the other peps who have installed them before I take the plunge.

Billy Boy:cool:

Hurricane

Reaction score
Will be trying my tmotion this Sunday, I can't see how its not going to work great...even without the flex edge track!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the T-Motion in my 08. Stock shocks and got three days in Revy on it and at first I didnt think it did much. (we had nice deep pow) but I think its worth it it helps it roll over for sure and with the S36 front end the old 08 will be around another year! Its hard to compare to much hadn't rode the sled in months, spent three days in the trees and she flops around pretty good.

P-Gravel

Reaction score
I installed the t- motion kit with the limiter straps adjuster kit. Not sure if this will take away from the flexing action. Does anyone know?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I head from a source that people have broken the t-motion bolt. Any reports of this?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a few hundred k on my '12 with the kit. It does work. What I also did over the summer was do the post forward brackets. I personally think the post forward and shorter riser made more of a difference than the tmotion. Keep in mind I have been riding in bottomless fresh pow every ride. I haven't had it on set up snow.

I have been able to follow a few lines that I wouldn't have been able to in the past, again though I think it is due to the post being more forward and me more forward on the sled.

You can initiate an off camber move with less effort. It is still not going to act like a Poo and it that is what you want then you a better off getting one. The tmotion and post forward combo is the best combo I have ever felt on the XP. I would like to take an XM for a ride again and follow some lines and see how much difference the ski geometry changes actually make.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not difficult but can take a little time. Pull the headlight assembly, undo bars and wires,pull air box, undo a few bolts, slide steering post up or down to clear the frame, bolt up new brackets and reassemble.

If you use the stock steering post some mods will be needed on the airbox to clear the post.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best way is to split the airbox on a etec and heat it up to mold around the post. The ptek isn't as bad to heat up and mold. Too much heat and it will melt and leave holes.

Moving the post forward causes the bend in the post to hit the airbox. Some people swap the post for a straight post or modify theirs. I like to keep the stock post with the bend so I can pull the rave covers off.

Top Bottom