T Motion Kit

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I did the track on my etech 600. It is the old 2.25 2010 XP track with the open windows. I don't think I did the greatest job, as I was breaking off the outer edge of the track in a couple of places. I was also having a problem figuring out when I had pierced, or actually hit the fiberglass rod.

So, I did the 2.5 on my 800 and that was a better job. None of the edges pulled. I think I am going to but a 154 flexedge for the 800, and put the 2.5 on the 600.

We never said it was easy, just that it looked cool.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I got a chance to ride everything over the last couple of days. I need to quit wrenching and get out to the mountains! Especially since no hockey....

I had my buddies 2010 for a comparison.

My 2010 600 etech has the s-36 front end, 2011 skis, and a 154 skid. My 2011 800 has a 154 skid and 2013 skis on it. Both now have the T-Motion.

So yesterday I rode the 2010 without updates, the 2010 600 with "flex edge", and the 2011 without "flex edge" To be honest, the only difference I could tell was it was a little easier to pull over on the shop floor, and a little to keep on one ski on the lake with the Flex Edge. It was not really noticeable unless you rode them back to back I have kept off my neighbors back pasture just for this comparison, so I was in about 24" of untouched snow (it is getting tracked up today). In the snow, I could not really tell the difference. They are both seem about 70 to 80% less effort than the unmodified 2010 however.

So I have a track breaking tool for sale now. Send me a pm if you are interested

It's not the years, it the mileage........

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Think the 2 bars bent after 1st ride ? They look even but I think they ate to be straight ? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356545430.819526.jpg

motorheadracing

Reaction score
i just installed the kit on my 2012 163" After riding the 2013 I was hooked and needed to order the kit. I realize that the 13 has front end changes as well so i was prepared to not notice much on my 12. and I did not change out my track because i felt that it would prob only work on the hard pack. Just rode the new set up and I have to say i am more than impressed with the way it handles and takes abuse. Two thumbs up and worth the cash!!
i just wish skidoo had a rear suspension upgrade to eliminate the old school saggy springs so I could install a coil over set up

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it sounds like I am beating a dead horse but would like to here more stories that any peeps have on the T-Motion conversion, good and bad. I am still on the fence about converting my 2011 summit to a T-Motion kit.

Thanks,

Billy Boy:cool:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem is a cross rail support two far forward I just have to move it back a it and all will be ok

How far back did you move it? I just looked at mine and its bent same as yours. I moved it to just behind the bump stop? Not sure if thats enough? Thx in advance:beer:

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put it in my 2012 testing it next to my dads Xm tomorrow so will be able to jump across back and forth and see the difference. Rode with him last week before t-mo and did the same so should be good to see how much difference it makes! Will update tomorrow night!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see the bump stops or the extra cross shaft installed on the rails!?

Mine had a cross bar in the first hole after the idler wheels(just behind rear shock) in TKO's pic the bump stop on mine would be the middle hole of those three and I relocated the cross bar to the third(towards back) hole. After reading this I'll try and get a pic lol

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode my 12 for the first time with t mo and will never look back jumped between my dads Xm and mine a dozen times today and the Xm is a touch easier as it has the flex track but damn close between the two now! Recommend this to anyone who is looking for some better handling out of the xp

will

Top Bottom