Snow and Mud Crowsnest Pass Ride August 23 - 26, 2013

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, with jamboree behind us.. and after talking to a few at the jamboree about it... we can now see who is actually going to go as time gets closer...

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just down in the Pincher Creek area to do some riding. Got home last night July 14th. Not sure of the Atlas area but the Lynx Creek area has been badly damaged by the flooding. The trail to the snowmobile cabin is in fairly rough shape the bridge is unuseable, trails to the North Kootenay pass are impassable and bridges washed away. They closed the forestry road to carbondale (i believe it is) because the bridge is unstable. The amount of damage to the riding areas may really jepordize (spelling) the area down south. Even with all the damage the was a boat load of people and machines out there this weekend.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks or the update ArcticDodge. I was planning to head up there with a few friends next week, but now I may have to consider a different area.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard today that the Atlas area is good to go. That was from one of our vendors who told me that today. Hopefully we can help out down there because if everybody goes somewhere else they are going to lose a lot of business and really hurt their economy.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, I was just about to say the same thing... those two area's are far apart.. the atlas/ Macgivery area, even the plane crash ride and all the places we talked about are in good shape.. it was way worse in the area where you where...

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Was up lynx , atlas , racehorse and dutch thought there was minimual washouts. Nothing compared to 95. Not even close. Oldman and north more washouts. This all makes the trails err better. Was in Indian graves sunday right after the floods roads, bridges and trails washed out. Ground was super saterated there. Was not up the castle though maybe in a month or so.

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can not make it now .. have a good ride guys / gals
anyone want to do a ride a little closer to edmonton area ..

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well time is approaching quick here... I am not going down there for that many days if our group will be really small.... if that's what it is I will then probably still go down there that weekend for the two rides that the club is doing from Macgilvery.. the think is then we have excellent guides but you will have to buy a membership for 30 bucks.. which I think is excellent for 2 full days of all the places we talked about except for the plane crash... I would then go out Friday morning.. set up and do the plane crash Friday late afternoon and then the two rides on Saturday and sunday with the club down there... I am a member already but have to pay my dues which are outstanding... the club has done tons down there on the trial so 30 bucks is cheap to support one of the best country sides you will ever see... I think maybe we start a new thread?? and only post if your 90% sure your going to go so we can get a head count before I revert to the weekend only idea....

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the crowsnest quad group ride is Aug 17 - 18 - the weekend before this one ...

oh, ok.. they told me quiet a while ago it was the next one.. ok then well i have a wedding to go to that weekend.. so no club ride then.. well lets put a cutoff date of august 15th on this.. make a decision then

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is decided but there are some already not going...so I will go as long as we have more than one going.. if I go and no one shows up, its pretty lonely by yourself there... but this thread is old and thinks change from what people say 3 months ago.. so just sayin... we should see who is committed to go.. intinally I was going to go only for the weekend... fri out... sunday night home but then some wanted to go early like Ray on the wed... now Ray can't go... so I don't know who wants to come when??? we need to start or go after this thread that I just wrote and post only if you are going and what dates you can make it... I don't want to be there along...lol.. sucks to get drunk alone! lmao

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't really know.. lots said would like to but the only one that I kinda knew that was maybe going forsure was Ray.. now no one has really committed and stated which days they can be there.. im flexible.. I can change plans in a minute for me if I want...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well ... its only two weeks away... please post if your going... I think now it will be a Friday to Sunday trip, maybe thursday out already... so .leaving either or Thursday or Friday morning and camping at MacGlivery...I know there are a few that have booked it off. please post only if your going forsure or its VERY likely that your going... lets do a head count....

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I think I'm out on this one in favor of riding a little closer to home that weekend.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking like i will be out also, not able to go till friday night, then back sunday afternoon, long drive for one day of riding. unless something changes i'm out .

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well it does not look to good for going.. as of now, I don't see anybody else going so the trip for me will be cancelled... no commitments.. if anybody is forsure going down there that weekend post her up... but otherwise I will probably ride other places...

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
We're out to .

gonna stick it out in Stettler an do some water skiing instead .
There's always a fall ride we could plan. Very pretty when the leaves are changing

Sent from my phone

Top Bottom