Sneaky move Letbridge AC Dealer

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your so righteous about supporting a canadian dealer. why not start with supporting a canadian brand ffs. funny how its ok to support the american made product sold in canada. but when ya cut the canadian middleman out youre a dick. milton you seem to have a vested interest in this story. any reason why?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simply because I got tired of hearing "no, but we can order it" from my local dealer.....Online from Brown's Leisure World, or any number of US dealers that'll ship to a US address for pickup. Certainly not Lethbridge!

Im the exact same with our closest doo dealer. Would love to support them. Have tried multiple times. But they dont freaking stock ANYTHING. I cant believe some of the parts that they dont have in stock. Then they offer to order it for you and it will be here in a week, and then I have to drive an hour to pick it up. Or I could just order it myself for half the price and have it delivered to me. Pretty easy choice.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant believe this whole thing. Even if there was way more than one incident, it seems ridiculous to pull a dealership because they are selling parts to willing customers!! If they were marketing hard up here, then maybe they need to be talked to. But when people are so happy that word gets around even into a different country, then I would say they are doing something right. Pretty ridiculous move on cats part. And Im not an OTS customer. Phoned for a price on a few things and I thought there were better deals out there. And to be honest I find her really unprofessional. Cussing and swearing constantly on the phone with someone you dont know isnt cool.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thing is if you sign an agreement with your manufacturer that you will not sell across the border....... And then breach that agreement.............. I don't know if that is something that dealers must do or not.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well can say this the folks at cycle works have treated me more than awesome .... I may have to pay a little more for parts but hey they are there when I need them......high river motorsports used to have better prices but that is more than likely why he isn't around anymore.... got to support the local dealerships

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I have a few buddy's with cats from this loser Leftbrige dealer I will tell.... You wonder why no one stops there....

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the manufactures didn't screw the Canadian dealers this stuff wouldn't happen. When a Canadian dealer has to pay more than what you can buy stuff on the internet for they are getting screwed. The other side of the coin is that if the Canadian dealers don't demand comparable pricing that the US dealers get then they are just a bunch of pussies

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your so righteous about supporting a canadian dealer. why not start with supporting a canadian brand ffs. funny how its ok to support the american made product sold in canada. but when ya cut the canadian middleman out youre a dick. milton you seem to have a vested interest in this story. any reason why?
As Milton has moved on from the thread I will take the opportunity to interject for him. He rides Skidoo which is a Canadian brand and has for as long as I have known him. I believe he supports the Cat dealer in question for Motorfist product. Might want to remove that crow right now. Lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After reading this thread I can almost guarantee that the US dealer has been warned numerous times to cease selling product into Canada and has obviously refused to. I'm sure they are great peeps down there but AC has gotten a signed agreement from said dealer stating they will conduct themselves as per the dealer agreement. All Manufacturers do this. They do not dump good dealers for one time offences. BRP with proof will charge back dealers for unit sales across borders both ways. It is what it is guys. They pushed the envelope and got hammered for it. I'm sure what the Lethbridge dealer did was over years of frustration with having to compete with an unfair advantage which is our dollar. Now that our dollar is dropping the funny part is that US peeps will soon be phoning him for parts at a better price. Lol.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think the exchange rate will make up the difference snopro, as canadians we just seem to keep getting screwed, we same to pay at least 20
% more, plus shipping, plus exchange.

Top Bottom