Sneaky move Letbridge AC Dealer

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are problem is we get hammered by OUR government not so much the manufactures .Taxes!!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are problem is we get hammered by OUR government not so much the manufactures .Taxes!!!!

sorry, taxes are an add on, after the price set by manufacturer, can't help if you pay bc ectra taxes.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think the exchange rate will make up the difference snopro, as canadians we just seem to keep getting screwed, we same to pay at least 20
% more, plus shipping, plus exchange.
All I can tell you Larry is when the dollar was 70 cents back a few years ago that US peeps were calling the dealership wanting to buy new sleds and parts from us.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can tell you Larry is when the dollar was 70 cents back a few years ago that US peeps were calling the dealership wanting to buy new sleds and parts from us.

yes they may have, a 30% drop in our dollar may even out the difference. I do know if i compare prices from us and canada, there is at least a 20% difference, usually more. not really affected by the exchange at this time. one of the dealers here also adds another 15% to the man sug retail price. WTF. doesn't carry alot of stock, seems to have to order most of the time. talk about making money.

no i realize you can't carry everything.

Last edited:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup .It truly is a tuff gig being a dealer Almost got shut down for sell sleds cheaper than the dealer's around me.I wish it was as easy as sum people think it is.Cheers

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup .It truly is a tuff gig being a dealer Almost got shut down for sell sleds cheaper than the dealer's around me.I wish it was as easy as sum people think it is.Cheers

well if you couldn't find ways to get around it, i'm not sure what to say. a percentage off parts and accessories is always a deal maker. or top notch service, stocking high wear items, getting a guys sled or ATV in to get fixed is always a bonus, all i hear is maybe in two weeks. WTF, maybe as a dealer you just don't understand! or better yet educate us, because all i see is big money for a phone call for the same part, that i can order. don't get me wrong, i want repair parts now, and will go to local dealer first. personnally i think the manufacturer is at fault here, but the dealer can do lots to make me as a buyer happy. the take it or leave it attitude just don't cut it anymore.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if you couldn't find ways to get around it, i'm not sure what to say. a percentage off parts and accessories is always a deal maker. or top notch service, stocking high wear items, getting a guys sled or ATV in to get fixed is always a bonus, all i hear is maybe in two weeks. WTF, maybe as a dealer you just don't understand! or better yet educate us, because all i see is big money for a phone call for the same part, that i can order. don't get me wrong, i want repair parts now, and will go to local dealer first. personnally i think the manufacturer is at fault here, but the dealer can do lots to make me as a buyer happy. the take it or leave it attitude just don't cut it anymore.
I Agree the take it or leave it attitude is BS and that sales person would have been fired at my store.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah Tuke the good folks at BRP have always monitored dealer pricing but when it comes down to it they cannot implement price fixing but only suggest everyone sell for the same.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When they tell you 2 weeks they need to hire another tech. They are obviously to busy for the number they have at the time.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i understand, but not every dealer sells at the same price, there is some difference, but to save $200 and drive 200km is not worth it. but 500 plus becomes doooable. with 20%on accesories or parts becomes a big bonus. as most riders will spend a small fortune to get sled or atv's set up the way they want them. i find parts in stock and getting something fixed is number 1. waiting 2 weeks just don't cut it, our season is too short. also being open seems to help, who in there right friggin mind closes on monday?

this is just pxxx me off. sorry.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i understand, but not every dealer sells at the same price, there is some difference, but to save $200 and drive 200km is not worth it. but 500 plus becomes doooable. with 20%on accesories or parts becomes a big bonus. as most riders will spend a small fortune to get sled or atv's set up the way they want them. i find parts in stock and getting something fixed is number 1. waiting 2 weeks just don't cut it, our season is too short. also being open seems to help, who in there right friggin mind closes on monday?

this is just pxxx me off. sorry.
Monday was always our busiest day. I agree.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah Tuke the good folks at BRP have always monitored dealer pricing but when it comes down to it they cannot implement price fixing but only suggest everyone sell for the same.
Ya but the other dealer sure made it difficult to doo dealer transfers always got "deal pending " So I matched pricing and did more on discounting parts.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, i realize everyone needs a day off, employees are hard to find and retain, but getting and keeping customers has to be priority one. otherwise they shop around, and only show up occasionally. as a rec business you need to be open, be able to supply parts and be able to fix the stuff you sell, and on a timely fashion. things are changing quickly, the world is getting smaller and easier to access. the customer can use the phone same as any dealer and find what he is looking for at equal or better pricing.

now be honest do any of you shop on ebay or the internet, if so why, if not why not.

business is not easy, that i am fully aware of.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who in there right friggin mind closes on monday?

Two of the three dealers in Cranbrook! Dumb! :rant: Maybe all three for all I know.....I haven't checked the Polaris dealer. And I buy most of my parts online for the same reason some have already stated. Got tired of hearing "no, but we can order it". Well guess what....so can I.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, i realize everyone needs a day off, employees are hard to find and retain,

That's their typical excuse, but it's just a copout. I work in a 24 hour 7 days a week operation, 3 days on 3 days off. My days off are always changing. All it takes is a little creative scheduling to keep a business open 6 days a week, or even 7 if they wanted to. In fact some of my best riding happens on my days off during the week when so called "normal" people are at work.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Two of the three dealers in Cranbrook! Dumb! :rant: Maybe all three for all I know.....

and the next dealer up the line is also closed on Monday. So you break something late Sat. and when you come off the mountain, everything is closed for the next two days? You order on the internet Sat night and with a little luck get the part a lot earlier. Working 5 days a week for consumer satisfaction isn't the norm these days as every day has turned into a production day. Like it or not........:d

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and the next dealer up the line is also closed on Monday. So you break something late Sat. and when you come off the mountain, everything is closed for the next two days? You order on the internet Sat night and with a little luck get the part a lot earlier. Working 5 days a week for consumer satisfaction isn't the norm these days as every day has turned into a production day. Like it or not........:d

Exactly!

Top Bottom