Skidoo xm problem thread..........

tfriesen

Reaction score
My only problem is being unable to ride. Was out on first weekend of dec. in mcbride and first day my ski came to a stop on a rock. After endo-ing uphill, I limped her down and was able to ride a cat 2 days later. Carbide, ski, a arms and shock all on left side. S and e module, and last I heard pyramidal frame as well. Sounds like I could get her back late this week. Good to hear there isn't too much else that will stop me from riding other than human error and rotten luck

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this sled rocks, but wish I can stop it from wheeling over on it self. I should be able to climb with out it coming over, what are guys doing to stop this.......THX

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this sled rocks, but wish I can stop it from wheeling over on it self. I should be able to climb with out it coming over, what are guys doing to stop this.......THX

Suck the limiter up a hole a try it.

What length track?

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody else having an issue with the track really rubbing badly on the tunnel? ive only got 175 km's on it and already looks like the track is 10 years old! Ive been custting bits of threads and pieces of rubber off the sides for 2 rides now.

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My only problem is being unable to ride. Was out on first weekend of dec. in mcbride and first day my ski came to a stop on a rock. After endo-ing uphill, I limped her down and was able to ride a cat 2 days later. Carbide, ski, a arms and shock all on left side. S and e module, and last I heard pyramidal frame as well. Sounds like I could get her back late this week. Good to hear there isn't too much else that will stop me from riding other than human error and rotten luck

on that hill just behind the cabin by chance?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

tfriesen

Reaction score
Yeah that's the one lol.

For the wheelie issue, I'm gonna suck up the limiter and crank up the rear spring setting. Helped a lot on my wife's 146.

Last edited:

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's the one lol.

For the wheelie issue, I'm gonna suck up the limiter and crank up the rear spring setting. Helped a lot on my wife's 146.

yah we were the group sitting at the cabin that came up when u hit that rock.. goods to hear it's almost fixed

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suck the limiter up a hole a try it.

What length track?

I sucked it up one hole and was a bit better, it's a 163 and also moved bars forward alittle and will see how that works also, I think I need to get used to keeping my ft in the pockets on a steep climb.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a 163 should be climbing fairly flat. Are you carrying much weight on the tail? How stiff is the center shock? I would run it with the adjuster just touching the spring then two full turns. Rear springs on the heaviest, or fat boy springs on 1 or 2.

If you are not running the steering post in the forward position, move it ahead, takes less than an hour to change.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a 163 should be climbing fairly flat. Are you carrying much weight on the tail? How stiff is the center shock? I would run it with the adjuster just touching the spring then two full turns. Rear springs on the heaviest, or fat boy springs on 1 or 2.

If you are not running the steering post in the forward position, move it ahead, takes less than an hour to change.
I will look at centre spring tomorrow and back rear spring. I do have a powder kag on just behind seat but seem to do the same before I put that on, so 2 full turns tighter once it touches spring, thx

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read the heavier springs don't work on the tmotion because they are a bit shorter than the stock springs. The problem is the spring will come out of the spring guide when the tmotion moves side to side. Like I said I just read about it, I'm unsure if its BS or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Champagne powder

Reaction score
I read the heavier springs don't work on the tmotion because they are a bit shorter than the stock springs. The problem is the spring will come out of the spring guide when the tmotion moves side to side. Like I said I just read about it, I'm unsure if its BS or not.

I'm running the heavier springs since day one. 600km No issues. This sled Rocks!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My heavier springs were too short. I use a different part number than most people though. It's spring rate is a little different. Mine did pop out if the guides when tilting the tmotion. If you read any of my posts it was a suggestion to verify the length of the spring.

The standard big boy springs have worked fine.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My heavier springs were too short. I use a different part number than most people though. It's spring rate is a little different. Mine did pop out if the guides when tilting the tmotion. If you read any of my posts it was a suggestion to verify the length of the spring.

The standard big boy springs have worked fine.

Are you talking the 287 and 289 springs Dan?

yammyman

Reaction score
Put the heavier springs in mine as well. Riding around on a lake with about 3 feet of pow and a solid base with my shoulders touching the ground for the majority of 30 minutes and no issues eithe springs. Anyone have issues with the edges of the track. Noticing mine is quite frayed and tattered looking but seems to be ok!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put the heavier springs in mine as well. Riding around on a lake with about 3 feet of pow and a solid base with my shoulders touching the ground for the majority of 30 minutes and no issues eithe springs. Anyone have issues with the edges of the track. Noticing mine is quite frayed and tattered looking but seems to be ok!

I took the time to look at that this past week in Revy. The problem is caused by ice buildup in the tunnel. It makes a rubbing sound and builds up along the sides sometimes causing fraying of the track. Shouldn't hurt anything as it is just esthetic.

Top Bottom