Skidoo demo ride, now what?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock to stock xm all the way! I think the guys who say they really like the 1100 turbos are the big 6'5" 250 pound guts that can through them around good. Or the guys that a ashamed to admit that they wasted $17000 on a heavy tank!

Ya. There is something to be said for 4 stroke reliability but the fun factor of the XM is AWESOME

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a straight up climb. It was a long steep side hill which he said was way easyer with the xm over the pro.

U just can't get it pro's are not the ling chit any more.

That was a year they had the top.

If u want to say it without puking a bit.

from my HTC

What you ride now??

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. There is something to be said for 4 stroke reliability but the fun factor of the XM is AWESOME

A buddy of mine has a 1100 and he can't pack enough belts for s weekend of riding, so I am not sure about the reliable part of then either. Can't wait to try out my xm!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also went on the demo ride the other day and now the decision between RMK-PRO or Summit x . I have owned Polaris's for 20 years but the 4 year warranty on the doo's have me thinking...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I also went on the demo ride the other day and now the decision between RMK-PRO or Summit x . I have owned Polaris's for 20 years but the 4 year warranty on the doo's have me thinking...

And this dude has seen a 130# lady throw that XMX 163 around like a kid throws a candy cane around at Xmas. Personally, there is no decision time wasted....but I doo have some yellow in my blood!

Welcome to the Forum, young fellow!

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be a xm.

Xp will be gone soon.

from my HTC

So your giving advice on how good a XM is when you ride a 4 year old sled....
Maby come back and let us know how you like your XM after owning one for a year...... Not just after a demo ride.
Or find a turbo pro that is set up right and jump on it... Then tell us all the XM is still better. Cause everyone knows
That any proper running turbo will out preform a stock sled in any situation......
As long as the person riding it has some skill.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently that boosted pro wasn't set up and I feel bad for that owner.... Turbos are not for everyone but with a little preventative maintenance they can be a pile of fun.

I'm Also not a fan of cats 1100 4 stroke turbos,,,,,, never seen one work good at all. Thank god that cat fans will have a good yamaha motor next year to work with
Yeah, cat will have a N/A Nytro motor in the trail sleds - that will be a big improvement over a boosted sled:nono:As far as the 1100T is concerned, if you can't throw it around - you shouldn't own one. They are not for the weak or out of shape rider, and you do have to change your riding style a bit to ride a 4S effectively. (We have a 2013 ProRMK and an M1100T in our stable, both are fun to ride, but a stock M1100T will kill the Polaris in a climb - same as the Polaris is a more "flickable" boondocker).
Not all of them are belt burners, either - mine wasn't. Has a lot to do with setup...

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, cat will have a N/A Nytro motor in the trail sleds - that will be a big improvement over a boosted sled:nono

So your not allowed to put a 174 3 inch, and a good turbo on a trail sled?
Cause I know I am going to... Hell I might even buy the cat over the viper..... Who really cares what the stickers say...

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Viper will be cool all modded up forsure,, Not every one wants to drop 15g on a sled and then have to spend 10g plus to make it into a decent mountain sled.

Want a kick ass stock sled get a XM.... If you want to mod the ch!t out of a sled doesnt matter what you start with....

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, cat will have a N/A Nytro motor in the trail sleds - that will be a big improvement over a boosted sled:nono

So your not allowed to put a 174 3 inch, and a good turbo on a trail sled?
Cause I know I am going to... Hell I might even buy the cat over the viper..... Who really cares what the stickers say...
Hey, whatever blows your hair back... but instead of dropping 10grand to get 270hp, you could buy an EVO 290 SC for the cat 1100T & put a 3" 174 (including rails & drivers) on it for $6800, and not screw around with piggyback fueling systems. Hell, for the extra $3200 you could add a C3 belt drive, some carbon fiber parts, and suspension to match your weight - the sky is the limit.
But know that the Viper is in the "POS" cat chassis, right down to the crappy chain in the chaincase. Certainly won't ride or be any "lighter" then the twin 4S, neither will have warranty once modded. I'm not suggesting what you should do, cause frankly, I don't care if you ride a 2S or 4S, boosted, supercharged, or N/A. I can bet the fit and finish will be better on the Viper, though...

Last edited:

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, whatever blows your hair back... but instead of dropping 10grand to get 270hp, you could buy an EVO 290 SC for the cat 1100T & put a 3" 174 (including rails & drivers) on it for $6800, and not screw around with piggyback fueling systems. Hell, for the extra $3200 you could add a C3 belt drive, some carbon fiber parts, and suspension to match your weight - the sky is the limit.
But know that the Viper is in the "POS" cat chassis, right down to the crappy chain in the chaincase. Certainly won't ride or be any "lighter" then the twin 4S, neither will have warranty once modded. I'm not suggesting what you should do, cause frankly, I don't care if you ride a 2S or 4S, boosted, supercharged, or N/A. I can bet the fit and finish will be better on the Viper, though...

Ha!! Stubborn oldfart

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
The Trygstad 872 is very impressive Wayne. I think that gives you a great option for lightweight manueverbility and strong power.

You talked me into it Ken. Went to snow check a xm today and ended up buying a 13 with low kms. That gives me all summer to big bore it. Maybe I'll keep the turbo for the deep days. The resale value on the Cats are crap even if you have one of the "good" ones.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You talked me into it Ken. Went to snow check a xm today and ended up buying a 13 with low kms. That gives me all summer to big bore it. Maybe I'll keep the turbo for the deep days. The resale value on the Cats are crap even if you have one of the "good" ones.

Did we have one coming in? What did Mark Doo?

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
It was from one of your customers. Thanks Ryan and Cory. Going to try it out in the morning. Little brother will be looking to do the same.

Top Bottom