Skidoo demo ride, now what?

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
I like to thank all the skidoo guys for putting on the demo tour. We had a good time putting the xm to the test. Currently I ride a 1100 four stroke.
The first thing I noticed is: where's my turbo power?
The second thing I noticed: wow this thing is easy to ride!
So now I'm struggling with giving up power for a much better handling sled. Power is so addicting. Decisions decisions.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to thank all the skidoo guys for putting on the demo tour. We had a good time putting the xm to the test. Currently I ride a 1100 four stroke.
The first thing I noticed is: where's my turbo power?
The second thing I noticed: wow this thing is easy to ride!
So now I'm struggling with giving up power for a much better handling sled. Power is so addicting. Decisions decisions.

I know I couldn't go back to 150hp....once a person has experienced a proper running turbo sled its addicting!! If you like the 4 stroke power than I would try the new viper for next year...will be a good chassis and an awesome motor..... That's what I'm building anyway.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned a boosted Ape and a boosted Nytro. I was also riding a 260hp turbo 2011 M8 as my last sled. I rode the XM and never looked back. I guess it depends what you're into. If all you do is slay chutes and the steep and deep, stick with the turbo 4. My riding has become so much more technical since riding this sled. Or as already posted, boost the Doo and have the best of both worlds. I missed the turbo power for about a day, now I'm quite content with stock power. I think it also depends on who you ride with too. I rarely used my boosted sleds to their potential because everyone else I rode with had near stock sleds. But I'm having more fun than ever now. Sounds strange but it's fun not being to climb every hill you point at.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
If you were to actually put an 1100 cat against an XM in a climb you might change your mind a little quicker......

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
If you were to actually put an 1100 cat against an XM in a climb you might change your mind a little quicker......
We have several times, and it's not even close. We are running 220+ hp on our 1100's. I also have a 174 CE track and it turns 58 - 60 mph in all conditions. The bottom line is the four stroke has a big hp advantage, but it comes with the weight. We seem to spend more time playing in gullies and trees and less time pulling the big hills. That is where the etec shines. I can ride either sled. I guess it's fun factor vs adrenaline rush.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have several times, and it's not even close. We are running 220+ hp on our 1100's. I also have a 174 CE track and it turns 58 - 60 mph in all conditions. The bottom line is the four stroke has a big hp advantage, but it comes with the weight. We seem to spend more time playing in gullies and trees and less time pulling the big hills. That is where the etec shines. I can ride either sled. I guess it's fun factor vs adrenaline rush.

The Trygstad 872 is very impressive Wayne. I think that gives you a great option for lightweight manueverbility and strong power.

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
The Trygstad 872 is very impressive Wayne. I think that gives you a great option for lightweight manueverbility and strong power.

I thought you were riding today. Did you leave some untracked for us?
The big bore option may be the way to go. If I talk to 10 guys, I get 10 different opinions. It's all good info.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you saying a xm will hold its own with a m1100?? Not even close. I love my xm but it doesn't stand a chance against a m1100 in really deep snow or big hills.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunno.

Buddy has a boosted pro.

Took a stock xm and cut a line right above his line with his pro.

Came back. Said I like.

His pro is for sale and a snowcheck is ordered

from my HTC

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunno.

Buddy has a boosted pro.

Took a stock xm and cut a line right above his line with his pro.

Came back. Said I like.

His pro is for sale and a snowcheck is ordered

from my HTC

So a stock XM is better than his boosted pro? Or did I interpret wrong

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently that boosted pro wasn't set up and I feel bad for that owner.... Turbos are not for everyone but with a little preventative maintenance they can be a pile of fun.

I'm Also not a fan of cats 1100 4 stroke turbos,,,,,, never seen one work good at all. Thank god that cat fans will have a good yamaha motor next year to work with

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently that boosted pro wasn't set up and I feel bad for that owner.... Turbos are not for everyone but with a little preventative maintenance they can be a pile of fun.

I'm Also not a fan of cats 1100 4 stroke turbos,,,,,, never seen one work good at all. Thank god that cat fans will have a good yamaha motor next year to work with

It wasn't a straight up climb. It was a long steep side hill which he said was way easyer with the xm over the pro.

U just can't get it pro's are not the ling chit any more.

That was a year they had the top.

If u want to say it without puking a bit.

from my HTC

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock to stock xm all the way! I think the guys who say they really like the 1100 turbos are the big 6'5" 250 pound guts that can through them around good. Or the guys that a ashamed to admit that they wasted $17000 on a heavy tank!

Top Bottom