ski-doo can kiss my a**

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But good luck with getting that all worked out. I can't imagine how frustrating it'd be!! :S

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats shitty bud, but common knowledge that the '07's were a brutal year for ski-doo!

x2, 07 was ski-doo's "dark" year...I know a lot of guys that had issues and they all had the dealers put the 08 800R engine in them.
Hopefully you get up and running soon with no more issues!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its an 07. sites like this exist for this purpose do some research. the solution for you would hace been to replace the whole engine works and never worry about it again.

jonniebud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that bites question did they do a complete build for that or just the top by all accounts u got f%^#$# and did not even get a kiss find a new guy to fix it this time

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
C,mon do tell the dealer?

I am taking in my 07 on Thursday, they are putiing in a new engine on Friday.

Will have it back Saturday. Dealer said he would have done the engine today if i could have got it to Edmonton yesterday. Damn work. Will take it in Thursday night as they are open till 9 to drop it off.

Price quoted is 3400 bucks complete after 700 dollar core rebate.
I agree that the dealer should have known better than to even allow you to bottom end only.
The first words out of dealers mouth was, good decision on whole engine, bttom end work has never lasted but is the way to go if you are short on dollars.
They all know to install the updated 07 engine. Some call it an 08 800R but the bootm plate on the 08 is differn,t.

Get dealer to fix it and tell them you are so proud of their work that you want top dollar on a new e-tec on trade. See the expression on there face abd you know what thedealer is truly like.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
corection:
when the dealer was done putting the engine back in from doing the stator he didnt put one of the exhaust bolts back in so the cylnder went lean and now its just a big f***in mess in their......again..... GOD this is really pissing me off, now i hope the dealer owns up to it and fixes it.

cuz if i'm right their would be no way in hell you could do any work on the stator without pulling the engine out

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
corection:
when the dealer was done putting the engine back in from doing the stator he didnt put one of the exhaust bolts back in so the cylnder went lean and now its just a big f***in mess in their......again..... GOD this is really pissing me off, now i hope the dealer owns up to it and fixes it.

cuz if i'm right their would be no way in hell you could do any work on the stator without pulling the engine out

Hard to say if a missing bolt would cause the cylinder to go lean and burn down. The bolt only threads into the block? What is the basis for that diagnosis?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doubt it would cause it to lean down. had many of sleds with missing y pipe bolts...

as long as the others are tight there is going to be a good seal with that gasket in there

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doubt it would cause it to lean down. had many of sleds with missing y pipe bolts...

as long as the others are tight there is going to be a good seal with that gasket in there

How is Joey's sister Max?:d:beer:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Okay, now I am having my doubts about all the probs?

I will always inspect my sled after shop work before i even accept it,

Who did the work and why did they take as long as you have stated?

Why is there no immediate phone calls with some kind of response?

I burn on a Sunday and have answers on a Monday with a fix completed by the following Saturday!

What, where, who and mostly why?

Two sides to every story and yours is losing credibility fast!

There is some good workmanship come from Edmonton...... Maybe you have a dealer I have not heard about?

In your original post it is apparent that you took the engine apart initially.. Maybe YOU F@#@ up the stator.

No denying that as you obviosly could not put it back together.

Fill us in with the whole story and maybe we can help!

Call me what you want, but tell us!

Apparently you are weeks (months) into a fix that is repairable in a day!

jimxp

Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of sledding!! lol Im sure most of us could tell ya similar stories, at least it wasnt in the mountains. good luck

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah yeah, only about 4 months into the rebuild, no big deal or anything but it would be nice get somemore riding in this winter

if it is missiga bolt and its not a 100% tight seal wont it spit oil out and suck air in?

I dunno what the whole story is, i havent talked to the dealer at all since i got it back last time. I put the old man in charge of that cuz i swear i'd be goin to jail if i was their. so i wont get the whole story till about a month after its fixed and ive cooled down a bit

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it is missiga bolt and its not a 100% tight seal wont it spit oil out and suck air in?

If the other bolts are tight then there is minimal chance of the return exhaust pulse sucking in enough air to lean it out and burn it down IMO. The gasket will maintain a seal against the cylinder. That's just my opinion, seen lots of sleds with missing or loose exhaust bolts and never leaned out.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i just found out that the dealer isn ding f@*& all about it, they said "it was just its time to go" but te piston was still like new!!! and why the F was their oil all over the engine? and whenhe piston went it took out the jugs as well, you can stick a pen through them thats how big the holes are, and they real screw you over with have them in 1 block in stead of 2 separate jugs....

that brand new engine is looking realllllly cheap right about now.

F YOU DEALER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

and the old mans sled just went to this morning, no compression in the one cylnder, and he just rebuilt that engine to

Top Bottom