ski-doo can kiss my a**

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so ibought the '07 summit 800 in sepember, and about 3 months ago the engine blew up, so for $1200 i got the engine rebulit, well when i was putting it back together i couldnt get the cank to fit in. so i took it tio the dealer for them to asemble. so 3 months and $1600 its good to go, i put the engine in and away i went......for about 5 minutes... then brought it home with the tractor....stator went. and i wasnt going to pull that engine out again, so i took it back to the dealer, 2 weeks later they got all the parts and got it back together, $1000 later brought it home friday been riding it every day, now today a bunch of us were going to go out sledding on a nice day like today, so i was riding my sled to the neighbors , about just before i got their it crapped out again, recoil wouldnt catchor anything, it just quit.....towed it to the neighbors yard looked at it, sure enough, when they put the bottom end together they didnt seal it right so it was spraying oil out and burnt up the piston. and i just was going to sell the sled and buy a truck, i got 1/2 the money so far, but i probly wont get the rest till the sled is fixed, wich wont be for another week or 2, so their goes my idea of a truckuck for now......

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whoever did the work should be liable for that, get on them, dont back down. sorry about your luck though. not really skidoos fault, every company has their share

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea the dealer did it, when my engine blew the first time i said i wanted a brand new block, well they told me just to rebuild it so thats what i did. so i told them i wanted a NEW crank and 3 weeks later i got it, they just rebult it and it took 3 weeks. after this my sled will be down for a total of 4 months now, but a sh*t load of mony into it, and all because of the dealer i put more mony in it and didnt even get to enjoy riding it at all. every time i took it for a spin it always came back on the tractor

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea i know it mostly the dealer, but when i was pulling the engine out and putting it back in, they have a really crappy mounting system, and the design in the front is a just a b*tch to work with

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
Sorry to hear about all this. It sucks for sure! I agree with everyone that has said the dealer should be responsible for a lot of this. Don't back down on the dealer. They need to make this right. Dealers that have chitty mechanics make the products look bad. This sounds like more of the dealer than the product. Good luck!

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you should of stated, dealer can **** theirselves, Not Ski-doo. Get after your dealer it's his problem and shouldn't be yours.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea i'm going their first thing tomorrow morning. and i really need this sled, but i doubt they will make it 1st priority and drop what they are doing to rush over and fix a sled thats under warranty

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad every brand has issues and I have yet to find a dealer that listens to what you want done and has a decent mechanic!My cat has been at the shop for 3 weeks now and I said it was a crank seal right away but he didn't believe me and fixed one cylinder and sends it home!2 miles later its hooked behind my tractor dragging into the yard!I said if it was anything to do with the crank I wanted to put a crate motor($3800)in because I said I never had luck with rebuilds and to fix it will cost as much as a drop in!But he talked me out of it so here the money pit starts!!So getting screwed isn't brand specific!!!

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad every brand has issues and I have yet to find a dealer that listens to what you want done and has a decent mechanic!My cat has been at the shop for 3 weeks now and I said it was a crank seal right away but he didn't believe me and fixed one cylinder and sends it home!2 miles later its hooked behind my tractor dragging into the yard!I said if it was anything to do with the crank I wanted to put a crate motor($3800)in because I said I never had luck with rebuilds and to fix it will cost as much as a drop in!But he talked me out of it so here the money pit starts!!So getting screwed isn't brand specific!!!

that is exactly it, i wanted a whole new engine, $2300. he said just rebuld it, it'll be good as new. so i did....$3000 later i'm still buying parts. but this is it, i'm done, if they cant get it right, they are going to have to pay for their mistakes.

those guys know that when you rebuld it your going to have more problems with it later on. they know how to get your money. so thats it, once i get this fixed i'm done with them. never going back

Parad0x01

Reaction score
If it was me I probably wouldn't even go to a dealer unless its warranty work. I'd check out Mountain Magic or Specialty Sleds first, my experience with dealers of any kind has never been good...except jarman mazda lol.

It seems like privately owned companies appreciate your business much more than a dealer does.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was me I probably wouldn't even go to a dealer unless its warranty work. I'd check out Mountain Magic or Specialty Sleds first, my experience with dealers of any kind has never been good...except jarman mazda lol.

It seems like privately owned companies appreciate your business much more than a dealer does.

i believe that

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so ibought the '07 summit 800 in sepember, and about 3 months ago the engine blew up, so for $1200 i got the engine rebulit, well when i was putting it back together i couldnt get the cank to fit in. so i took it tio the dealer for them to asemble. so 3 months and $1600 its good to go, i put the engine in and away i went......for about 5 minutes... then brought it home with the tractor....stator went. and i wasnt going to pull that engine out again, so i took it back to the dealer, 2 weeks later they got all the parts and got it back together, $1000 later brought it home friday been riding it every day, now today a bunch of us were going to go out sledding on a nice day like today, so i was riding my sled to the neighbors , about just before i got their it crapped out again, recoil wouldnt catchor anything, it just quit.....towed it to the neighbors yard looked at it, sure enough, when they put the bottom end together they didnt seal it right so it was spraying oil out and burnt up the piston. and i just was going to sell the sled and buy a truck, i got 1/2 the money so far, but i probly wont get the rest till the sled is fixed, wich wont be for another week or 2, so their goes my idea of a truckuck for now......

Thats chitty bud, but common knowledge that the '07's were a brutal year for ski-doo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom