SK Flatlanders who rode the mountains this past season

Matt99

Reaction score
As we wait for the excruciatingly long summer to begin & end, I am curious which flatlanders rode the steep and deep this past season. Where did you go? Where did you stay? How were the conditions? What sled did you ride? Any great guides/people you met.

Personally, I rode Fernie & Crows Nest this past season & had a blast. Stayed right in the town of Fernie where I/we were well taken care of. The views were spectacular & the trails were well groomed. Because I/we went in April there wasn't a ton of fresh powder, however, due to that we were able to climb the summits with our shorties.

So, where'd ya go??

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two trips, six riding days total, in the Golden and Revy areas. Three days of Boulder, one of Quartz, one of Gorman, one of Silent Pass.

Matt, you are on my list to contact next Fall. Starting in December I'm game for mountain trips.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't ya mean gorman ??

Never heard of Holman

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

saskcat

Reaction score
Six trips. Once to Golden, once to Fernie and four trips to Blue River. Love the Blue area, always good snow and good people. Was my first trip to Fernie and it was pretty decent too

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was a good year for snow but only got out for a total of 12days to the hills. Busy with other commitments. 8days in Yellowstone and 4 Days in Revy. Snow as Awesome in Revy chest deep. Yellow was good as well, waist deep. Usually do ALOT of CNP/ Ferine area but just didn't work out at all. Ride a 12 Pro. love the sled. Can't wait for this season. Anybody looking to ride send a PM. CHEERS:beer:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt Holman the ridge between holt and gorman ... or not ...

adamg, do you have a quad, any machine will do, you should come join the fun just a couple of hours from s'toon.
beg or borrow one if need be.

and to answer the question, the boys from north east sask did 3 trips to golden and learnt all my secret stashes. thus they will be doing many more trips there over the next several seasons with or without me

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode 12 days last year in Revy and Fernie/Elkford area. Not as much as previous year (21 days), but it beats sitting at work all day :) Had trouble finding others to ride with. Seems as though a lot of my usual riding buddies got busy with life like we all do and our schedules never worked out. Have a straight month booked off to do nothing but ride...hoping for a good snow year.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Six trips. Once to Golden, once to Fernie and four trips to Blue River. Love the Blue area, always good snow and good people. Was my first trip to Fernie and it was pretty decent too

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

you are not suppose to tell people about blue river.

I make it out there once a year for 5 days of riding, my 155 700 is not keeping up with the new sleds in the trees, trench city so i got a 163 pro coming. Hoping to make it out west 2 times a year soon, Candle lake/meath park had so much powder this year i could have just road it every weekend.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man the entire snow belt across Sk had huge snow all year. Good times. Field after field of joy pow.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rode 12 days last year in Revy and Fernie/Elkford area. Not as much as previous year (21 days), but it beats sitting at work all day :) Had trouble finding others to ride with. Seems as though a lot of my usual riding buddies got busy with life like we all do and our schedules never worked out. Have a straight month booked off to do nothing but ride...hoping for a good snow year.

You know you have a place to stay with great meals........and very close to the staging area.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know...Ive told my wife how well im treated out there and I dont think she wants me getting too comfortable out there!! Haha...dont worry..ill be taking advantage of your offer this year

SKDeuce

Reaction score
Went out to Fernie twice last winter. Once in January for the AST1 field session and a couple days riding, then again in March for 4 more days. What are the good areas to ride in CNP and Elkford? Going to be making a couple trips out there again this year and so far have stuck to the rolling hills area.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
November 1. I'm starting to think about booking sled trips. Anyone have room for me on a trip?

Matt99

Reaction score
November 1. I'm starting to think about booking sled trips. Anyone have room for me on a trip?

I'm always up for a trip depending on the date. First trip, very tentative, but maybe Golden Dec. 6, 7, 8. AST 1 field course Friday, ride all day Sat & Sun.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan, and I need the AST1 field also so that would work great. How many do you think you'll have in your group?

kneebar

Reaction score
Two trips last season. Four days Golden, four days Revelstoke. 2010 summit X with 872, 174x3 and Nextech monoshock rear suspension. Great sled.

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
Only one trip out west last year. Revy and Sicamous. Two days on boulder and two days at blue lake. My first trip this year will be to Elkford down by fernie for two days ride in Jan. Contacted a local gent to tour us around via Snow and Mud. Should be a good ride.

Scotty2Hotty

Reaction score
3 trips last year to Valemount. Stayed in Valemount as we have CHEAP lodging there. Rode Clemina, Allen and Chappell. The one trip we trailered to McBride (Mountain Mania) all 3 days and Rode with Jim Phalen and some other Thunderstruck members. Good times had by all. Unfortunately my riding group isn't going until Jan 22nd this year. So if anyone is planning a trip earlier this season and needs an extra person to fill that 4th place, I volunteer.

I have a tow rig, and heated trailer to offer too.. ;-)

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only one trip out west last year. Revy and Sicamous. Two days on boulder and two days at blue lake. My first trip this year will be to Elkford down by fernie for two days ride in Jan. Contacted a local gent to tour us around via Snow and Mud. Should be a good ride.

Elkford/Fernie are nice areas. Seems everytime we go back we find a different spot to explore that we haven't been to. Just wish we were a few hours closer...that stretch between Speedy Creek and MJ is brutally boring.

Top Bottom