Sirius Radio

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had life time subscription since 2005 and yearly before that. Still have a couple transfers left. I've called them multiple times both Canadian and American.
Really tough to get answers but they say the put up new satellite and repeater system. Garbage.
We have xm in the 4runner and it doesn't work 90 percent of the time driving from canmore to the west.
Xm used to be on 2 fixed satellites over LA and NY. Sirius had orbiting satellites and that is why it worked better.
Not sure what they have actually done but it is garbage.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Fixed Satellites? Lol Satellites do not exist,, and the world is flat BTW.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, the xm where on a geosynchronous orbit. Meaning they generally stayed in fixed orbit. Sirius have faster orbiting satellite that constantly move around the earth in a faster orbit. Which is why on sirius the southern interference was never an issue, and why xm it was.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a problem when my camper is on and the satellite blade is covered by the camper bunk on my GMC. Any thing I can do to improve reception??

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a problem when my camper is on and the satellite blade is covered by the camper bunk on my GMC. Any thing I can do to improve reception??

I ran another ant out to the hood. It works ok but not great. Once the sat falls on the back side of the camper I lose it again. The best bet would be to run the second ant to the top of the camper and plug it in when the camper is on.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the antenna? I am thinking of doing it on the camper, but finding the connection to the radio seems like it could be a real pain. I was hoping I could use a coat hanger like back the day.
I ran another ant out to the hood. It works ok but not great. Once the sat falls on the back side of the camper I lose it again. The best bet would be to run the second ant to the top of the camper and plug it in when the camper is on.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a few receivers. This was a spare. It has the magnetic disc type ant. Wasn't sure if it would just plug in but it does. My factory ant in my dodge comes down the pass side a pillar. Unplugged it there and the other ant just plugged in. Any of the Sirius ant will work with my truck. They all have the same end.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess my new too me F 150 with aluminum deck and 2 sleds on it comes with Sat-radio,,, dude called me today woundering if I wan't to hook it up for $9.50 a month. I told him no since I drive with the windows down.

He offered it to me at an all time low of $4.50 for 6 months, plus another 6 after that.
I asked him why would I pay for music that I get for free ???

A radio to me is distracted driving, and listening to the wind rushing threw the cab that is more fun then listening to gibber gabber of humans that most folks don't need.

By the way I told him I used a grinder and pry bar to take that radio out of the truck so I could in-stall my coffee maker !!!

No need for tech sat radios, blue teeth, Wif-Fi, Friend Book, and yahoo googles in my life since time is best spent driving the back roads looking for naked Pine Martins.

Yo Yo Yo

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess my new too me F 150 with aluminum deck and 2 sleds on it comes with Sat-radio,,, dude called me today woundering if I wan't to hook it up for $9.50 a month. I told him no since I drive with the windows down.

He offered it to me at an all time low of $4.50 for 6 months, plus another 6 after that.
I asked him why would I pay for music that I get for free ???

A radio to me is distracted driving, and listening to the wind rushing threw the cab that is more fun then listening to gibber gabber of humans that most folks don't need.

By the way I told him I used a grinder and pry bar to take that radio out of the truck so I could in-stall my coffee maker !!!

No need for tech sat radios, blue teeth, Wif-Fi, Friend Book, and yahoo googles in my life since time is best spent driving the back roads looking for naked Pine Martins.

Yo Yo Yo
Sure spend a lot of time on snow and mud for a guy that doesn't need electronics LOL

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure spend a lot of time on snow and mud for a guy that doesn't need electronics LOL

Ha, Yes'er... My only out-get is S&M since the old wooden crank phone is not working that good these days.

I had yohoo and friend book years back, but to many pals posted dinner time meals and all the fuzzy critters they have going on, lots of rants about goverment I hear form folks that still visit it.

I'm typing from the top of a Mountain over loooking Banff and Jasper Nat. Park tonight as I stay in contact with folks in the valley in case I need to stay up here if its flooding down below. Lots of new snow up top at 5000' up.

I still browse ADS since we both have many pals there, I mentioned to a few that you are doing well with 4 wheel power house. Lots of good times Wild 1, more in the days and years to come.

Pal Don on message can and string over. LOL

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a renew letter in the mail today they want to charge me $191.88 +taxes ............. not going to happen

will be making a phone call, keep you all posted :rolleyes:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I guess they're gonna be loosing some business.

Like I said before. I will pay for my GM wifi and listen to Internet radio instead of Sirius crap that doesn't work
Does the WiFi work good in the mountains to BC and whatnot? Is it costly and does it have like a limited data plan?

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I listen to it a lot through my phone but that's an extra $48 a year for Internet radio access. Pretty sure I just coughed up like $250 a few months ago for another year of Sirius

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Does the WiFi work good in the mountains to BC and whatnot? Is it costly and does it have like a limited data plan?

I'm not sure about the mountains. But I do know it works pretty good down the 752 almost to the T intersection

Summit 1000

Reaction score
i guess my new too me f 150 with aluminum deck and 2 sleds on it comes with sat-radio,,, dude called me today woundering if i wan't to hook it up for $9.50 a month. I told him no since i drive with the windows down.

I asked him why would i pay for music that i get for free ???

By the way i told him i used a grinder and pry bar to take that radio out of the truck so i could in-stall my coffee maker !!!

No need for tech sat radios, blue teeth, wif-fi, friend book, and yahoo googles in my life since time is best spent driving the back roads looking for naked pine martins.

Yo yo yo

wtf? Y.a.f.i

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a renew letter in the mail today they want to charge me $191.88 +taxes ............. not going to happen

will be making a phone call, keep you all posted :rolleyes:
I call back and tell them I don't use it enough for 191 bucks

So the last 4 years have been at 99 bucks, per unit

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XM radio in my 2015 Chev 1500 sucks. I got a couple free country CDs with my ne Wranglers and I bought some hair metal CDs from the new and used store for $1 each... Now I can rock out to Cinderella and Great White just like back in highskool while I travel through the rocks on my way to Sicamous. I wont be renewing when its up

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I listen to it a lot through my phone but that's an extra $48 a year for Internet radio access. Pretty sure I just coughed up like $250 a few months ago for another year of Sirius

$48 a year for extra Internet access?? When did that change?? I'm pretty sure it was $4 extra when I had both. Now I'm paying under $20 for strictly Internet.

Top Bottom