Shootout! 2017 Ski-Doo 165 Summit 850 vs. 2018 Arctic Cat 162 M8000

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok you guys remember it was Ric that said it first not me so flame him! Lol. I as well noticed that on the vid. I think he backed off when the front end started to come up in the flat light making the first track ( I would as well) The Cat had another track to use for context in the poor conditions so able to be more aggressive with the throttle. Hard to say but even if it was a tie that new Cat engine is doing well in my opinion with a 50 cc disadvantage. Good job Cat. That will push both Doo and Poo to elevate their game.

i had to let someone else say it or i would have dissapeared off the face of the earth over night

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last thing we ever want to see on skidoo n mud is a competitor coming any where near the perfection of (or even be better than....) your beloved doo.

you doo-laide guzzlers are funny.....you pick the smallest detail......prob watched the vid over and over just to find a flaw in this guys comparison.....lol

right...but if that cat got walked all over by 100 yards like it should have in a proper comparison you guys wouldnt have picked that comparison apart? GIVE ME A BREAK HAHA!!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell... take your shi**y attitude and shove it. Everyone here likes different sleds and you are the only heavy headed piece of sh*t who comes in here and starts to chirp. Why don't you go suck off some of your dooo buddies on doo talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jesus did i bang your daughter or something WTF man LOL

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked at vid few times - 850 seems to wheelie abit more and then off throttle - losing bit of speed - still climbs decent until it loses mometum - the Cat seems to jump out of snow and full throttle all the way up to power over the 850 - my observation - for 18 with the new motor and suspension set up the cat is a contender ! Maybe if the skidoo suspension wasnt ancient it might perform better ! lol

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right...but if that cat got walked all over by 100 yards like it should have in a proper comparison you guys wouldnt have picked that comparison apart? GIVE ME A BREAK HAHA!!!!

.........so because its not a Maxwell post or a Norona video, the original poster that did the comparison is an idiot?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who gives a $hit? You guys are splitting hairs. All I see is Cat is a contender. It wasn't a blowout so no need to get panties bunched up.

The guy owns and rides doo.
That's the machine he's familiar with and he went higher on one he's not. End of story. Move along.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see cat ahead.. 850 was a over blown headache, and cat capilized on all its weaknesses, out dated skid, to squirley, and the p drive weakness:D:beer:

max.. your dooaid is staying your teeth

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
Sorry I couldn't resist, still feeling the effects of its hangover.
Rik James 2.jpeg

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I thought it was only Fentenyl addictions ruining families in this province. This one is more than a crisis needing intervention. Sheesh.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dictionary.com

insedoor

[in-si-doo r]

adjective1.subject to fears, doubts, etc.; not self-confident or assured:an insedoor person.

2.not confident or certain; uneasy; anxious:He was insedoor about the new Mountain Cat.

Lmao

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To everyone complaining about getting off the throttle on the doo, have you not ridden one on a climb with some lumps and bumps? Super wheelie machine. Skid needs some improvements or coupling to be comparable to the competitors.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both machines look pretty awesome to me. I personally don't care what a guy/gal rides. If they are smiling when they are riding that is all that matters. Opinions will always vary on which sled is better than the other. It would be pretty boring if we all rode the same thing.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dictionary.com

insedoor

[in-si-doo r]

adjective1.subject to fears, doubts, etc.; not self-confident or assured:an insedoor person.

2.not confident or certain; uneasy; anxious:He was insedoor about the new Mountain Cat.

Lmao

[h=1]indoors[/h]

Translate Button[h=4][/h]
[in-dawrz, -dohrz]

adverb1.in or into a house or building:We stayed indoors during thestorm because our G4s had busted bulkheads, and we ran out of belts.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat has stepped up, now i wonder what poo will doo to keep up?? What is the hp of the new m8000?

DynoTech got a tick over 160 after break-in mode, it did gain some power once off break-in....the midrange is much stronger than the suzuki

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so the new cat engine should be the 800 to beat this year :)

they were going to play with timing and such to see if they can gain some easy power, if the engine is tough like the 600 cat will have a winner

Last edited:
Top Bottom