Shootout! 2017 Ski-Doo 165 Summit 850 vs. 2018 Arctic Cat 162 M8000

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
while I appreciate the effort you put into the video as no one ever actually does this so its good to see. but crossing any track even for a split second will substantially increase the machines ground speed almost a catapult effect up the hill.

Reactions: RGM

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had a 2018 cat demo out at Kakwa this past Saturday, I didn't ride it because I was too busy enjoying the powder.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
while I appreciate the effort you put into the video as no one ever actually does this so its good to see. but crossing any track even for a split second will substantially increase the machines ground speed almost a catapult effect up the hill.

I saw no catapult action and the rider explained why he took the lines he did. It was for a fair and even comparison. Besides, that trenching wheelie monster 850 makes a 4.5ft Trench so the Cat would have nothing but air to make the catapult action you speak of. Bahahahahaha.

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To bad doo didn't up there game for next year. A 175 track?What a flop....When the 2018 177 mountain cat gets released we finally get to see the game changer we have been waiting for.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To bad doo didn't up there game for next year. A 175 track?What a flop....When the 2018 177 mountain cat gets released we finally get to see the game changer we have been waiting for.
2" more is a game changer? Lol. Maybe for a woman? 175 isn't a game changer either. It's just a natural progression that Doo wasn't in a position to do last year? Not sure what your point is niner?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2" more is a game changer? Lol. Maybe for a woman? 175 isn't a game changer either. It's just a natural progression that Doo wasn't in a position to do last year? Not sure what your point is niner?

I don't really have a point Ken. I actually doubt that Cat will make a track longer than 162. Which is very disappointing. The 175 G4 will dominate the slopes next year. The 174 Axys would be closer if there lug pattern wasn't junk. A 174-177 powerclaw would be a Game changer for the cat guys.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really have a point Ken. I actually doubt that Cat will make a track longer than 162. Which is very disappointing. The 175 G4 will dominate the slopes next year. The 174 Axys would be closer if there lug pattern wasn't junk. A 174-177 powerclaw would be a Game changer for the cat guys.
Why do you think they won't do it? I think they have to follow suit with Doo and Polaris. Sounds and looks like they have a pretty solid new motor coming for next season. They need to compete if they want new butts on their seats IMO.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you think they won't do it? I think they have to follow suit with Doo and Polaris. Sounds and looks like they have a pretty solid new motor coming for next season. They need to compete if they want new butts on their seats IMO.

Because the competition has had 174s since 2014. So that's already 2015, 2016 and 2017 model years they could easily have reacted with a 174 of their own and chose not to. Why would they now?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey just making an observation. The motor can turn it. You can't tell
me the Cat faithful wouldn't buy one? I know we sell a chit load of 174's .

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well when they are selling 174's for $11000 vs $16000 for any thing I would expect you to sell a chit load lol

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My 05 M7 could turn a 174. It's 2018 and we still can't get a 174 in a Cat. But not really a big deal, half the fun is building something no one else has.

Attachments

• IMG_1360.JPG
    IMG_1360.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 479

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i made sure i did not poach the track, if you looked at the hill straight on, the tracks were side by side. The slope was full of little knolls and i wanted to be as close as possible so that i didn't hit any areas that were steeper or mellower that would have swayed the results one way or another. I crossed the ski doo track near the top because it looked like it was on the low side of a knoll and would have put the cat on a much steeper pitch. (obviously it was pretty hard to see) i did the best i could to do an honest comparison in those conditions.

Fyi- i bought a ski-doo (actually 2 of them).

curious... Is the doo off break-in mode?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Well when they are selling 174's for $11000 vs $16000 for any thing I would expect you to sell a chit load lol

Generally when someone releases a superior product performance wise you have to entice people with price to move them... It would make more sense to you to have a $16,000 174 800 and a $16,000 165 850? You should open a dealership.

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maxwell... take your shi**y attitude and shove it. Everyone here likes different sleds and you are the only heavy headed piece of sh*t who comes in here and starts to chirp. Why don't you go suck off some of your dooo buddies on doo talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell... take your shi**y attitude and shove it. Everyone here likes different sleds and you are the only heavy headed piece of sh*t who comes in here and starts to chirp. Why don't you go suck off some of your dooo buddies on doo talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow!
Somebody call a dentist, I think you hit a nerve....

Top Bottom