Shootout! 2017 Ski-Doo 165 Summit 850 vs. 2018 Arctic Cat 162 M8000

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
I had the opportunity to compare my 2017 Ski-Doo 165 Summit 850 side-by-side with a 2018 Arctic Cat 162 M8000 for hillclimbing and sidehilling. In these 2 categories, the Arctic Cat nudged out the Ski-Doo ever so slightly. The comparison does not account for handling, long term reliability, fuel/oil economy or overall impression of snowmobile as I don't have enough time on the 2018 Arctic Cat to provide any insight into these aspects of their snowmobile. The impression I did get is that both snowmobiles are fairly competitive with one another from a performance stand point.

https://youtu.be/UplNo-XkJQA

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was 11 I got my first sled. A 340 elan. Riding around town, king of the world lol. Watching this comparison, it just blows me away at how far sleds have come. Thanks for the video.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That cats a sweet sled ,will be my next sled I can't wait to see what the limited and mountain cat models will have in store

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
I think if you would have poached that track a little more it would have went even higher!

I made sure I did not poach the track, if you looked at the hill straight on, the tracks were side by side. The slope was full of little knolls and I wanted to be as close as possible so that I didn't hit any areas that were steeper or mellower that would have swayed the results one way or another. I crossed the Ski Doo track near the top because it looked like it was on the low side of a knoll and would have put the Cat on a much steeper pitch. (Obviously it was pretty hard to see) I did the best I could to do an honest comparison in those conditions.

FYI- I bought a Ski-Doo (actually 2 of them).

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I made sure I did not poach the track, if you looked at the hill straight on, the tracks were side by side. The slope was full of little knolls and I wanted to be as close as possible so that I didn't hit any areas that were steeper or mellower that would have swayed the results one way or another. I crossed the Ski Doo track near the top because it looked like it was on the low side of a knoll and would have put the Cat on a much steeper pitch. (Obviously it was pretty hard to see) I did the best I could to do an honest comparison in those conditions.

Yaya just bustin balls. Its good to see these video's. They will never be 100% accurate too many variables! Excited for that cat engine.. Hopefully everyone keeps pushing the bar.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think you did a great job !! Thanks
Crossing a deep trench can loose speed at times .
GOOD JOB
I am a Doo guy as well but they have done some nice changes to the Cat.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good start for data. We are about 5% of the way to having a fully fleshed out comparison of these two. Then throw in the Axys and do it all again.

I know, sounds like tough work, but someone's gotta do it.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well done Snow Adventures
Thanks for your efforts to be fair and show the sleds capabilities

850 is top sled this year but the Kitty looks like a winner for next year

Birdie
:cool:

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was 11 I got my first sled. A 340 elan. Riding around town, king of the world lol. Watching this comparison, it just blows me away at how far sleds have come. Thanks for the video.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

340 elan???

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Maybe a 175 inch doo will out climb a 162 cat

Top Bottom