Selling used sleds

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
..... Its not going to sell at $13K when you can buy a hold over for that and get a full....warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, said that in my first post about 3 pages back. I don't understand people.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't. :nono:

X2 not for $8k.... Pretty common to see 2012 blowouts for $9500 though as dealers buy leftover stock from other dealers, there were some on kijiji a few weeks ago. In fact I almost pulled the trigger 16 months ago on a 2012 for $9900 from T&T.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 not for $8k.... Pretty common to see 2012 blowouts for $9500 though as dealers buy leftover stock from other dealers, there were some on kijiji a few weeks ago. In fact I almost pulled the trigger 16 months ago on a 2012 for $9900 from T&T.

2012 Arctic Cat M8 S/P 153" | snowmobiles | Lethbridge | Kijiji $9000 for brand new http://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/lethbridge/2012-arctic-cat-m8-153/1014190466 $8300 brand new. I'm sure they get you on freight and PDI.

Last edited:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was willing to. Bring the truck down and if its in the shape you say we will make a deal. Hurry tho, my sled is mint, just ask Ron, and 2 guys are seriously interested. People just don't have the cash anymore. Anyways lets take a look at this truck of yours.

It is a horny looking truck in mint condition I must say.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

For sure. Those adds just get people calling. Ask what the OTD price is after freight/PDI/ spare belt/ jug of oil. Are you gonna leave it totally stock??? Alot of used sleds are coming with stuff everyone buys for a new sled already on it. You want a can? Make that S/P $9450. Don't want the Cat skis; make that S/P $9900.00. Gotta wrap the new ride; $10,400.......................oh yeah now throw on tax. Geez it's now an $11,000.00 sled.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure. Those adds just get people calling. Ask what the OTD price is after freight/PDI/ spare belt/ jug of oil. Are you gonna leave it totally stock??? Alot of used sleds are coming with stuff everyone buys for a new sled already on it. You want a can? Make that S/P $9450. Don't want the Cat skis; make that S/P $9900.00. Gotta wrap the new ride; $10,400.......................oh yeah now throw on tax. Geez it's now an $11,000.00 sled.

That's Precision, they were pretty good to deal with when I was shopping for my last sled, the guy was pretty straight, you probably would be close to what it says. But have seen that before other places, you call and magically....the one in the ad JUST sold this morning....but they also have a 2013 or a 162" for $10K instead, almost the exact same sled.... monthly payments are only $12 more.....LOL

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a clean upgrade for the kid and man how do guys figure their 2005-7 revs are worth 5-6000? Even if its super clean.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And there is the kicker................financing is cutting into the used sled business big time!

you said it.....most people base life on "it only cost X dollars a month"

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you said it.....most people base life on "it only cost X dollars a month"

I remember thinking like that and now I don't buy toys unless I have the cash to do so. I try to share that kind of thinking with the younger people I work with but it seems pointless and a waste of breath. For example I worked with a 22 yr old guy and he went and financed a 2013 CRF 450x and then a 2014 summit sport all cuz it only cost X dollars a month.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember thinking like that and now I don't buy toys unless I have the cash to do so. I try to share that kind of thinking with the younger people I work with but it seems pointless and a waste of breath. For example I worked with a 22 yr old guy and he went and financed a 2013 CRF 450x and then a 2014 summit sport all cuz it only cost X dollars a month.

I was raised the same way, when it comes to toys, pay cash or buy what you can pay cash for....when I was 22 I had used stuff, old used stuff and had tons of fun

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And there is the kicker................financing is cutting into the used sled business big time!

The other big thing that kills the used sled market is the manufacturers clearing out new sleds late in the season at ridiculously low prices because they've just released the newest, bestest sleds for next season. Why buy used at a reasonable price, when you can buy new for a crazy low price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Brojoe

Reaction score
I don't understand all the negative criticism around people who choose to finance rather than make a cash purchase. If they can afford a monthly payment, who cares. From what I understand dealers make more money when they finance a new unit vs people coming in and buying with cash. Most cases it is cheaper to dealer finance then go to a traditional bank and get a loan.
My view is a person shouldn't be denied the right to buy a new "what-ever" because they don't have cash in the bank.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't understand all the negative criticism around people who choose to finance rather than make a cash purchase. If they can afford a monthly payment, who cares. From what I understand dealers make more money when they finance a new unit vs people coming in and buying with cash. Most cases it is cheaper to dealer finance then go to a traditional bank and get a loan.
My view is a person shouldn't be denied the right to buy a new "what-ever" because they don't have cash in the bank.

In my case, and I can only speak for myself, I am an old fart and I wasn't raised with the way of financing anything other than a house. I saved money for the things I wanted and I don't know how people can sleep at night with all the various payments they must have. Sure, that new sled is just another $225 and I can manage that. Along with the truck payment, the RV payment, the house payment, the trailer payment, the hot tub payment, the TV payment, the VISA minimum payment, the MasterCard minimum payment, the line of credit payment, etc..

I really don't care what the banks, the dealers, and the manufactures doo. I don't care what the younger generation does. It just isn't my choice to finance. Whether it is from the bank or the dealer, IMHO people are living beyond their means but that isn't for me to decide that is just an ol' fart's opinion.

Brojoe

Reaction score
In my case, and I can only speak for myself, I am an old fart and I wasn't raised with the way of financing anything other than a house. I saved money for the things I wanted and I don't know how people can sleep at night with all the various payments they must have. Sure, that new sled is just another $225 and I can manage that. Along with the truck payment, the RV payment, the house payment, the trailer payment, the hot tub payment, the TV payment, the VISA minimum payment, the MasterCard minimum payment, the line of credit payment, etc..

I really don't care what the banks, the dealers, and the manufactures doo. I don't care what the younger generation does. It just isn't my choice to finance. Whether it is from the bank or the dealer, IMHO people are living beyond their means but that isn't for me to decide that is just an ol' fart's opinion.

Thats well put.

I took the view point from a younger person fresh out of trade school or university who is just starting out in there careers and would like to run new iron rather then somebodies used.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It still amazes me that peeps finance at no no no for whatever then when they want to sell there purchase for x dollars they find out they owe more than what there purchase is worth? Its like.....well how can that be? A lot of peeps don't understand the mess they get in to.

Top Bottom