Schooled again. Just watched. Whatcha think???

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oooohhh i know why there werent any doos in the vid, they mustve all been on the top lookin down, bein that they have a 16"x2.5" track and all. Right???

its pretty clear you have never been on an xp with a 16x2.5 track. if you had you would be eating your words pretty quick. hence how no one has ever called me out on it because they have probly seen it work.

HAHAHA made my night! How come all I hear on here is the hoopla about doo and polaris. The Cat is always on the move, no hiccups, the worst is a belt blowing and if you are the poor sap who thrashes D&D drives because of bad sledding and throttle brake control while landing jumps, or improper throttling, other than this, there are no motor issues stock!!!!I only had a few springs snap so far.:d:d:d:d:

LOL hold on whiile i "THINK" about my throttle control in this 1200 gfoot chute 4 feet wide. dumbest thing i have ever heard. you need to have 100% confidence in your drivetrain. with a DD you cannnot

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have also heard this. but i hear it uses isoflex in the bearings to ensure it lasts only half as long

I heard the same thing too. The thing I dont get is bombi has a good chaincase. I've seen more diamond drive failures then I have seen chaincase failures on the bombi.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

i had 3 chain failures back when i had my 2001 zx. after the 3rd chain i realized it was the 18 tooth gear the previous owner had installed that was causing this thing to destroy itself.

ever since then i havent had a chaincase failure on any of my sleds. seen a friend take a chain out on a 09xp. but went to the truck and had it fixed the same day.

other than that if you maintain the chaincase and check the tension it should be a very reliable drivetrain component on any manufacturers sled.

seeing as cat dumped the diamond drive you guys cant in your right mind stand behind it for any good reason.

BUT i see glen is lurking so this should be good lol

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i saw one guy blow his chain on a doo this year but he smoked a big rock just a couple pulls before it let go and this year alone i saw 4 or 5 diamnd drives come apart. I mean the yammis are putting huge torque threw there chains and so long as they are tensioned properly and new chain every couple thousand they dont just come apart.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty clear you have never been on an xp with a 16x2.5 track. if you had you would be eating your words pretty quick. hence how no one has ever called me out on it because they have probly seen it work.

LOL hold on whiile i "THINK" about my throttle control in this 1200 gfoot chute 4 feet wide. dumbest thing i have ever heard. you need to have 100% confidence in your drivetrain. with a DD you cannnot

I maintain my sled and i have 100% confidence in my CAT. I have seen WAY more doo 800 motor's crater this season than i have seen d/d issues. Even the new polaris motor's have been way better than doo's. I have only seen three new poo's have motor issues and i've seen more doo's take motor's than that in the past two weekends.

That being said i do know that all brands have there issues and the ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT THING is that you ride and fun doing it no matter what you are riding. I dont care what people ride as long as at the end of the day you had fun.

Just get tired of maxwell claiming everthing is crap except his doo.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I maintain my sled and i have 100% confidence in my CAT. I have seen WAY more doo 800 motor's crater this season than i have seen d/d issues. Even the new polaris motor's have been way better than doo's. I have only seen three new poo's have motor issues and i've seen more doo's take motor's than that in the past two weekends.

That being said i do know that all brands have there issues and the ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT THING is that you ride and fun doing it no matter what you are riding. I dont care what people ride as long as at the end of the day you had fun.

Just get tired of maxwell claiming everthing is crap except his doo.

i know it hurts buddy.

i dont even go out and ride i just make fun of cat on all the threads i can.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm simply stating my opinion that I believe the chain and sprocket is a better system then the diamond drive based on what I have experienced in the last couple seasons. not talking about engines!!!! just the drive system...

maxwell knows that yamaha is the best he just needs to back what he rides:d

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry maxwell -gotta call you on this one. Are you saying that the belt destroying, clutch exploding, 5 foot long chain driveline of the XP gives you 100% confidence? pppffffft! You need to lay off the yellow kool-aid pal....LOL

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
i know it hurts buddy.

i dont even go out and ride i just make fun of cat on all the threads i can.

LOOOOLLl..... I see glen lurking.... then... one post later... SHAZAM! LOL

I think... Im not going to take sides... But... I think everyone on here that you talk trash to... and that trash talks you back... should all get together. I say we make a date at the start of next season. And It will kind of be like that tv show where they make the bully fight the guys from UFC.. Maxwell you show up and sit at the bottom of the hill wearing a HUGE name plate that says "MAXWELL" And Ill stand in front of you with a shield to stop all the people trying to stab you.... And you can put your money where your mouth is.. Pretty sure we need a "PUT UP OR SHUT UP" day.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOOOOLLl..... I see glen lurking.... then... one post later... SHAZAM! LOL

I think... Im not going to take sides... But... I think everyone on here that you talk trash to... and that trash talks you back... should all get together. I say we make a date at the start of next season. And It will kind of be like that tv show where they make the bully fight the guys from UFC.. Maxwell you show up and sit at the bottom of the hill wearing a HUGE name plate that says "MAXWELL" And Ill stand in front of you with a shield to stop all the people trying to stab you.... And you can put your money where your mouth is.. Pretty sure we need a "PUT UP OR SHUT UP" day.

been doing this every weekend since november 5th 2010

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry maxwell -gotta call you on this one. Are you saying that the belt destroying, clutch exploding, 5 foot long chain driveline of the XP gives you 100% confidence? pppffffft! You need to lay off the yellow kool-aid pal....LOL

not sure what to tel you? if your xp blows belts and clutches and chains maybe you should get that looked at?

i dont know? not a doctor but that almost seems like something is wrong :eek:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm simply stating my opinion that I believe the chain and sprocket is a better system then the diamond drive based on what I have experienced in the last couple seasons. not talking about engines!!!! just the drive system...

maxwell knows that yamaha is the best he just needs to back what he rides:d

ive said it before if i had 30g sitting aroudn litteraly begging me to spend it because i had al my bills paid, all the sled projects i wanted to do done. i would have a turbo nytro in a heartbeat. but since it doesnt work for my riding style i just cant justify one for my all around sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i saw one guy blow his chain on a doo this year but he smoked a big rock just a couple pulls before it let go and this year alone i saw 4 or 5 diamnd drives come apart. I mean the yammis are putting huge torque threw there chains and so long as they are tensioned properly and new chain every couple thousand they dont just come apart.

that is the whole truth and nothing but. chains just DONT come apart for no reason.

Top Bottom