Rode a 2012 Pro RMK this weekend...

BirdieO

Reaction score
:realmad:"Domestic dispute aisle 4 "

Naaaaa this isn't even close to a domestic!!! You need to come riding with us sometime...well, not so much anymore, now that I ride a PRO and not an XP!! OOOOOHHHHH....that's right, I said it...hahaha :)

Birdie out...no more hijak:beer:

turboassault

Reaction score
Just going to share what i have found. Last year i rode a turbo assault. It had tons of power, actually to much for the way it was set up. I did not enjoy riding it in the mountains. So i snow checked a new pro. Last year when i was fed up with riding the assault in the trees my buddy rode it for a bit and i rode his 2010 xp. After riding it i was amazed at how easy it was to ride. This year after a season on the pro i jumped on my buddies xp and absolutely hated it. It was hard to handle and felt just totally wrong when trying to boondock it. The point is yes some sleds are better than others ( ie polaris iq assault chassis vs xp ). There is no doubt that the xp is a better mountain sled than the iq assault is. That being said the pro is as good if not better of a mouintain sled than the xp. It does depend what you are used to and just because you have been riding something for two years and you hop on your buddies sled and say i hate it means nothing. It all comes down to riding style and what you are used to.

I will say this though ANYONE who says the pro is an uncapable mountain machine, or that it handles like crap, or that its not as well built as a brp product has drank way to much yellow kool aid. Hands down the 2012 pro is the best machine i have ever ridden.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just going to share what i have found. Last year i rode a turbo assault. It had tons of power, actually to much for the way it was set up. I did not enjoy riding it in the mountains. So i snow checked a new pro. Last year when i was fed up with riding the assault in the trees my buddy rode it for a bit and i rode his 2010 xp. After riding it i was amazed at how easy it was to ride. This year after a season on the pro i jumped on my buddies xp and absolutely hated it. It was hard to handle and felt just totally wrong when trying to boondock it. The point is yes some sleds are better than others ( ie polaris iq assault chassis vs xp ). There is no doubt that the xp is a better mountain sled than the iq assault is. That being said the pro is as good if not better of a mouintain sled than the xp. It does depend what you are used to and just because you have been riding something for two years and you hop on your buddies sled and say i hate it means nothing. It all comes down to riding style and what you are used to.

I will say this though ANYONE who says the pro is an uncapable mountain machine, or that it handles like crap, or that its not as well built as a brp product has drank way to much yellow kool aid. Hands down the 2012 pro is the best machine i have ever ridden.

i ride a 2011 summit x, and i also road a 2010 xp.... i hated the 2010 as well. Compare a 2011 or 2012 with your pro, you may not still like it as much, but its a completely different sled and a much better idea of what brp put out to compete with the current pro. I really wish they would change the sled names every year so people would stop doing bullch!t comparisons. The only reason i compared my 2011 summit to the 2012 pro is cause the 2012 summit didnt change all that much from 2011.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ride a 2011 summit x, and i also road a 2010 xp.... i hated the 2010 as well. Compare a 2011 or 2012 with your pro, you may not still like it as much, but its a completely different sled and a much better idea of what brp put out to compete with the current pro. I really wish they would change the sled names every year so people would stop doing bullch!t comparisons. The only reason i compared my 2011 summit to the 2012 pro is cause the 2012 summit didnt change all that much from 2011.

That's good information Etech, I had assumed 12-11-10 were all the same... more or less.

turboassault

Reaction score
Actually it was the 2010 xp that i liked. I know there are differences between the two. We actually tested them against each other and the 2010 xp would kill the 2011 etech when both had the same things done to them. I know it gets confusing but it just goes to show you cant trust what people say on here even if they are being truthful. You have to ride these machines yourself and then you will know which one is right for you.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually it was the 2010 xp that i liked. I know there are differences between the two. We actually tested them against each other and the 2010 xp would kill the 2011 etech when both had the same things done to them. I know it gets confusing but it just goes to show you cant trust what people say on here even if they are being truthful. You have to ride these machines yourself and then you will know which one is right for you.

2010 xp = wide front end and crappy ported 2.25 track

2011 xp = narrow front end better non ported 2.25 track

2012 xp = wicked 2.5 camo extreme, narrow front end, engine/clutching/gearing adjustments.

the 2011-2013 pros are identical minus belt drive. so really you should only be comparing 2012 and 13 doos to 2011-2013 pros for a fair comparison.

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 2010xp with a big bore kit in it, It has lots of power. Last week a got a chance to spend a couple days on a 2012 pro, after the first 4 hrs or so I was not to sure about it. It wanted to fall over all the time but after the 1st day I was going places and doing things that I cant do with my Xp after riding it for 2 years. I just ordered a 2013 pro.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 2010xp with a big bore kit in it, It has lots of power. Last week a got a chance to spend a couple days on a 2012 pro, after the first 4 hrs or so I was not to sure about it. It wanted to fall over all the time but after the 1st day I was going places and doing things that I cant do with my Xp after riding it for 2 years. I just ordered a 2013 pro.

Eeek sorry to hear that.....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got to spend some time on a 2011 pro last weekend and didn't like it. I did not have the opportunity to ride it for hours on end but honestly felt like it would have taken me a solid month to learn to ride it. I was so far from feeling comfortable on it that I can't even say if I would be able to ride it better/easier once I had learned it. Coming from a dirtbike I much prefer the horizontal steering of the doo's. I find that the doo's work for me and I am much more comfortable on them, that is why for the time being I will stay with them. It just doesn't make sense to me to waste a quarter of the season learning how to ride a new machine to end up at the same or a marginally better result.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got to spend some time on a 2011 pro last weekend and didn't like it. I did not have the opportunity to ride it for hours on end but honestly felt like it would have taken me a solid month to learn to ride it. I was so far from feeling comfortable on it that I can't even say if I would be able to ride it better/easier once I had learned it. Coming from a dirtbike I much prefer the horizontal steering of the doo's. I find that the doo's work for me and I am much more comfortable on them, that is why for the time being I will stay with them. It just doesn't make sense to me to waste a quarter of the season learning how to ride a new machine to end up at the same or a marginally better result.

So, why would we care ? My wife can't ride an agile , fun mountain sled either, she prefers the flat planted bottom heavy stability of a trail sled also, but I told her she couldn't post it on here....cause no-one would care. Enjoy your yesterday ride, maintain it well, cause the new Doo has all the same characteristics of the Pro, but I'm guessing when the time comes you have to upgrade, you'll then find those qualities appealing and maybe you can shorten up the learning curve time. cause of the color. LOL. Maybe post this on the Doo site, those fellas might need more assurance they're making the right decision. heehee

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, why would we care ? My wife can't ride an agile , fun mountain sled either, she prefers the flat planted bottom heavy stability of a trail sled also, but I told her she couldn't post it on here....cause no-one would care. Enjoy your yesterday ride, maintain it well, cause the new Doo has all the same characteristics of the Pro, but I'm guessing when the time comes you have to upgrade, you'll then find those qualities appealing and maybe you can shorten up the learning curve time. cause of the color. LOL. Maybe post this on the Doo site, those fellas might need more assurance they're making the right decision. heehee

Oh Lenny you're like the Maxwell of Polaris, as soon as something is said that can be construed as not positive you're on it like ch!t on a blanket.

If you refer back to the OP you will see that my sentiments are similar to his. His conclusion is that once you get used to one brand stick with it. I actually have no problem riding the s-36 XP's and even enjoy them. Maybe I will and maybe I won't like the xm. Until then I'll stick to stretched trail sleds since I have no trouble riding them in the trees anyway.

pehmanndragon

Reaction score
Just ride what makes you comfortable and you like. I love my pro. Now if i had to ride a ski-doo, give me time I would adapt to it. I am a good enough rider, they are a good sled. The thing is that the ski-doo shop where I live don't know their head from their ass when it comes to snowmobiling, and the polaris shop I have been friends with for a long time. Can't we all just get along?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am used to my dragon. I rode a 2012 pro rmk and found that the pro was a lot more stable feeling, felt nice and solid, where my dragon seems to be less stable and tippy at times (must be because of the suspension). I felt more secure on the pro when laying it over on its side. my dragons a 155 and the pro was a 163, noticed a difference their, the 163 climbed better, doesn't trench as bad and just goes through the powder better. Next one will be a 163.

Sent from my mobile telephone

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh Lenny you're like the Maxwell of Polaris, as soon as something is said that can be construed as not positive you're on it like ch!t on a blanket.

If you refer back to the OP you will see that my sentiments are similar to his. His conclusion is that once you get used to one brand stick with it. I actually have no problem riding the s-36 XP's and even enjoy them. Maybe I will and maybe I won't like the xm. Until then I'll stick to stretched trail sleds since I have no trouble riding them in the trees anyway.
??? are you around alotta blankets with ch!t on them?? who ch!t on them?? are they in ch!t now?? lol,,,??? for some reason that statement just has me cracking up, haha,,,its not a common phrase right?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As I said, "enjoy your yesterday ride", And as I said, I don't think many of the Polaris guys or the Cat guys will care in the least whether you switch or not. News flash, your decision wion't influence thousands, sorry. So have fun, and that sucks that you know about ch!t in your blanket, was it your ch!t.....maybe a bad dream. You think maybe it was the tippiness of the Pro that scared it out of you ?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
??? are you around alotta blankets with ch!t on them?? who ch!t on them?? are they in ch!t now?? lol,,,??? for some reason that statement just has me cracking up, haha,,,its not a common phrase right?

I think he means "like flys to chit" idk.. Weird phrase.. Lol

Sent from my mobile telephone

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a lacrosse coach that used the term.

As I said, "enjoy your yesterday ride", And as I said, I don't think many of the Polaris guys or the Cat guys will care in the least whether you switch or not. News flash, your decision wion't influence thousands, sorry. So have fun, and that sucks that you know about ch!t in your blanket, was it your ch!t.....maybe a bad dream. You think maybe it was the tippiness of the Pro that scared it out of you ?
So I realize my summit 1000 is a yesterday sled and with a 3" camo extreme I don't even care, but are you trying to say that a 2011 summit is too? Climb back under your bridge.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a lacrosse coach that used the term.

So I realize my summit 1000 is a yesterday sled and with a 3" camo extreme I don't even care, but are you trying to say that a 2011 summit is too? Climb back under your bridge.[/

Its agreat sled, maybe do a comparison to a 13 XM or a 13 Pro and see if you notice any differences.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And apparently we live different lifestyles, I have no blankets with ch!t on them and I don't live or work under a bridge.

Top Bottom