Rode a 2012 Pro RMK this weekend...

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the chance to ride a 2012 pro rmk in blue river and Vale and i must say i was not impressed at all. I understand a guy needs time to figure out the machine especially after riding a different product for a couple years but i just couldnt get the hang of it. I get why its called Flickable now.... as in i want to flick that thing off a cliff every time i ride it.

When i hoped on my summit xp for the first time in 2011 i had a much easier time getting used to the sled. It fit right away and i was sidehilling and boondocking within a hour. The pro was flat out weird and uncomfortable, i was like a beginer rider all over again with it being so unstable. For all the talk about how easy it is to ride through he trees, i was expecting a match made in heaven as thats what i do. Actually i was hopeing for this. So dissapointed.

Lesson of the day, when you find a brand you like stick with it, your a better rider with something your familar with. This totally clears up why all the brand bashing, any other sled then the one you ride normally will feel awkward and heavy and useless.

The funny thing i was dead set on giving the pro rmk a real try vs the summit before i buy in 2014. After this weekend, it would be a waste of time. Me being used to the summit just doesnt make it a fair fight and im having way to much fun tearing it up to start learning how to ride all over again with something that may or may not be alittle bit better.

Cheers

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agreee with you man i took my buddies xp for a rip trying to give it a fair chance and i hated it could not wait to get of it.... i dont think there is one better then the other they all have good things and all hve bad things about them.... its weird how to products that really are so much a like can be so differnent

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never mind a 2014, I am ready for the 2013. Lets go NOVEMBER. So now the X colours are blk/yel or blk/blk HMMMMMMMMMMMM
Better have running shoes on to stay on those running boards, I also have buddy with one and it was different for sure.

Last edited:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can be the same with the same model of sleds too. My dad and I have identical sleds and yet, I find his hard to ride compared to mine. Just the way we have the handlebars set different makes a world of difference.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought the same thing when i jumped on the pro (had a 900 prior)thought i was drunk .... probably took a 100 miles or so before completely comfortable with it but now i love it find myself going alot more places that i wouldnt dare try with the 900 boat anchor
Had the chance to ride a 2012 pro rmk in blue river and Vale and i must say i was not impressed at all. I understand a guy needs time to figure out the machine especially after riding a different product for a couple years but i just couldnt get the hang of it. I get why its called Flickable now.... as in i want to flick that thing off a cliff every time i ride it.

When i hoped on my summit xp for the first time in 2011 i had a much easier time getting used to the sled. It fit right away and i was sidehilling and boondocking within a hour. The pro was flat out weird and uncomfortable, i was like a beginer rider all over again with it being so unstable. For all the talk about how easy it is to ride through he trees, i was expecting a match made in heaven as thats what i do. Actually i was hopeing for this. So dissapointed.

Lesson of the day, when you find a brand you like stick with it, your a better rider with something your familar with. This totally clears up why all the brand bashing, any other sled then the one you ride normally will feel awkward and heavy and useless.

The funny thing i was dead set on giving the pro rmk a real try vs the summit before i buy in 2014. After this weekend, it would be a waste of time. Me being used to the summit just doesnt make it a fair fight and im having way to much fun tearing it up to start learning how to ride all over again with something that may or may not be alittle bit better.

Cheers

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet if you got on a PRO or any other sled for that matter, for the first ride of the season you wouldn't skip a beat. The XP chassis isn't an easy one to bail off of mid season and get onto something else and have it feel comfortable, as it is a different beast. Your body becomes programmed to what it is used to. Unless you are very adaptable...it's hard to get a grasp for a machine in a short time...

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet if you got on a PRO or any other sled for that matter, for the first ride of the season you wouldn't skip a beat. The XP chassis isn't an easy one to bail off of mid season and get onto something else and have it feel comfortable, as it is a different beast. Your body becomes programmed to what it is used to. Unless you are very adaptable...it's hard to get a grasp for a machine in a short time...
In my case you'd be wrong. I came off the Rev not the XP chassis. Although depending on who you talk to I couldn't ride that after 5 seasons either......

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my case you'd be wrong. I came off the Rev not the XP chassis. Although depending on who you talk to I couldn't ride that after 5 seasons either......

Well there ya go:D I've had a ZX, ZX-X, Rev, XP, T-Nytro and a PRO. The PRO RMK is by far the easiest sled to ride IMO, but I can see peoples problem, as it is a finesse machine...not one that requires a lot of aggression or brute force. A little foot pressure here...a little foot pressure there...if you get rammy with it - it'll huck ya:D Rode it for 7 out of 8 days in the trees...couldn't have done that on the Nytro:D

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there ya go:D I've had a ZX, ZX-X, Rev, XP, T-Nytro and a PRO. The PRO RMK is by far the easiest sled to ride IMO, but I can see peoples problem, as it is a finesse machine...not one that requires a lot of aggression or brute force. A little foot pressure here...a little foot pressure there...if you get rammy with it - it'll huck ya:D Rode it for 7 out of 8 days in the trees...couldn't have done that on the Nytro:D

ya so when are you turboing it lol

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya so when are you turboing it lol

Originally I was gonna put a hair dryer on it right away, but after over 800 miles this season - I'm enjoying it stock. Just pull the chord and ride while I watch everyone else eff around with their controllers:D I have an Assault...so it's a 155 and it takes me wherever I need to go... I might not be able to point and shoot, but I'll get there:D That straightline chit doesn't require much skill...just big balls and horsepower:D

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keith Curtis Race Prep - YouTube

Your right Maxwell look how his arms look so out of place and he has no control over the sled LMAO, you have NO IDEA how to ride a PRO if you make a retarded statement like that, my arms never feel awkward on my PRO but the XP feels AWKWARD before I even start to ride it. Ski-doo will continue to lose sales to the PRO for 2013 there is NO DOUBT no matter how hard you try to spread your nonsense.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keith Curtis Race Prep - YouTube

Your right Maxwell look how his arms look so out of place and he has no control over the sled LMAO, you have NO IDEA how to ride a PRO if you make a retarded statement like that, my arms never feel awkward on my PRO but the XP feels AWKWARD before I even start to ride it. Ski-doo will continue to lose sales to the PRO for 2013 there is NO DOUBT no matter how hard you try to spread your nonsense.
Are you in the right thread? Or are you just stalking Maxwell trying to stir up chit in every pro related thread?

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you in the right thread? Or are you just stalking Maxwell trying to stir up chit in every pro related thread?

Are you paying attention? Maxwell is chirping IN EVERY PRO THREAD it make no difference where I post this he will find it, he agreed with the same nonsense statement in THIS thread, I'm just sharing an interesting video if you don't like it DON'T watch it. The PRO handles like a dream, if you don't think so it's your opinion and right to go ride your DOO DOO but I'm sick of hearing the same 3 guys trying to convince everyone how ill handling the PRO is, what a freaking joke.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you paying attention? Maxwell is chirping IN EVERY PRO THREAD it make no difference where I post this he will find it, he agreed with the same nonsense statement in THIS thread, I'm just sharing an interesting video if you don't like it DON'T watch it. The PRO handles like a dream, if you don't think so it's your opinion and right to go ride your DOO DOO but I'm sick of hearing the same 3 guys trying to convince everyone how ill handling the PRO is, what a freaking joke.

sheesh. i already said i wouldnt bite on this thread but you just HAD to bring me in here. am i supposed to be impressed by that video?someone carving through some nicely spaced trees in perfect snow conditions? 3:15. tell me that isnt the most awkward thing you have ever seen in your life. why is his head below his arms? LOL. wicked video none the less but proves nothing.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Originally I was gonna put a hair dryer on it right away, but after over 800 miles this season - I'm enjoying it stock. Just pull the chord and ride while I watch everyone else eff around with their controllers:D I have an Assault...so it's a 155 and it takes me wherever I need to go... I might not be able to point and shoot, but I'll get there:D That straightline chit doesn't require much skill...just big balls and horsepower:D

He's NOT...unless he would like to sleep on it too:nono::D:D LMAO!!

She has NOOOOOOO control over me :D

HaHa. I thought you didn't like controllers. Looks like you have one to. Lol.

Top Bottom