Registering a mod sled.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
cool, let us know how it goes, i also had title for old sled on the tunnel, still cost 414 to assign one to the mod...

did you put up the fawking thread so there could only be one post? or are others able to share with the fawking community actual experiences in the matter?

fawktard

WTF are you talking about?? Theres way more than one post when YOU posted, or am I missing something here??

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
Bend over 8or and Max - can you feel this....lol....

How can the rules be so different?????

no clue??? like i mentioned we had old s/n on one sled, and nothing on the other... retrospect maybe could have gotten away with cutting it off old tunnel and placing it somewhere stealth on mod sled...

guy came out looked at them and affixed new vin plate on both

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no clue??? like i mentioned we had old s/n on one sled, and nothing on the other... retrospect maybe could have gotten away with cutting it off old tunnel and placing it somewhere stealth on mod sled...

guy came out looked at them and affixed new vin plate on both

they use a special rivet also. i was told if relocated the cops look for this. he put them in a bad spot we asked if we could move it thats how it came up.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so nobody is allowed to reply? Wtf? This isnt a forum where you put up one post and lock the thread douchie...
i'm still kind of new to this. So why don't you explain what i did wrong so that i won't do it agian and hurt your feelings. By the why if you want new people to respond on here calling them names won't make to many friends and will make s&m people look bad

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when you build a trailer have a friend make a bill of sale with serial no. Then take that with you next time

tried that with the second one they still wouldnt take it fuggers. it had never been registered so had to be inspected.
its not to bad for a trailer though was only 50 bucks i think. and once again you can pick the year.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm still kind of new to this. So why don't you explain what i did wrong so that i won't do it agian and hurt your feelings. By the why if you want new people to respond on here calling them names won't make to many friends and will make s&m people look bad

well said pete, look at joey for example, he hasnt been on for like 2 days!!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just go to the ICBC office and say hey i got a u-built and they just make it work. Up to a certain GVW. My mod sled has had the stock Serial stamped in the CR tunnel for 8 years with many checks and still not regestered and no problems.
Im in BC its supposed to be harder????

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I was out in the registration office on wye in sherwood park, and registered my sled for the first time without any problems and all I had was the bill of sale and insurance. It was imported from USA 2 years ago and never been in the system. It was easy..

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard thru the grapevine that its a fair bit of money to have a homemade double axle trailer inspected for a vin, anybody know the actual cost on this?

hey ron, when ya comin out to check on your trailer, have a beer with the boys in the barn and perhaps slide me some cash... ;)

dana

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard thru the grapevine that its a fair bit of money to have a homemade double axle trailer inspected for a vin, anybody know the actual cost on this?

hey ron, when ya comin out to check on your trailer, have a beer with the boys in the barn and perhaps slide me some cash... ;)

dana
IT IS 50 BUX,you go to the reg office and fill out a vin assignment form and the guy come to your house on a set day and stamps as well as installs a gv of a vin plate and gives you a certificate to bring to the registry,it is that simple,you will have to have either your bill of sale or the recipts showing you built it:beer:
had a few things assigned new vins this way,this year 6 months ago

ne1game

Reaction score
I have two mods I just used a number punch seat with some leter punches and put my old number rate were it use to be been checked by feds twice both sleds no problem

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like i said musta went to the stony office.
the city ones wont let ya do nothin like that.
built a trailer a 2 years ago went to reg as a homebuilt in the city said nfw. you need it inspected etc and have a vin assigned. i said i gave it a vin. no works. went to stony they were all cool with it. gave me a plate and reggy

Sounds like the Stony Plain office is not following the letter of the law????:confused: How do they get away with it???? Did your Vin number have 17 diggets???

Top Bottom