Can am outlander question

850xp

Reaction score
  • Yes to all the can am gurus out there I have a few questions,I personally purchased a what I thought 2012 800 xt? But after my ol man brought it home it seems it maybe a 2010 or older gen 1,this is my first can am,but in saying that it was suppose to have a new frame off build but my ol man can’t find a serial,and I’m currently away be home in a week,but question 1 what’s the easiest way to tell what frame is it, second can u put gen 1 components on gen 2 frame I’m pretty sure all the fenders and that fit ?also is there a way to tell by the front or rear diffs?and should I be able to find a cpu vin or motor stamped vin to see what year motor it has?and is there much difference,it seems to have the round gauge cluster and I was told the gen 2s had the square one that’s what it caught me off guard,also the fluid change is different between the two I got the procedure for gen 2 but not for gen 1 sorry for the long post thanks for any in put

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pictures would probably help a lot...

Gen 1 frames have a rectangular hollow channel down the middle at the bottom if I remember correctly

Gen 1 has the round analog gauge, and unless it's an xtp Gen 2 has a square digital gauge

Last edited:

850xp

Reaction score
7BBF47A5-A3AC-4B88-80F2-77221C4B06B7.jpeg

Top Bottom