Red Cross party on parliament hill.....That's nice

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two reasons Trudope has dragged his feet coming to Fort Mac the way I see it:
1. He knows no one out here likes him
2. If he rushed out here right after the fire went through the city it wouldn't look good to his new Climate Change buddies he made friends with in Paris

You forgot the two real reasons:

1. There's still too much smoke for clear selfies

2. The smoke and ash in the air might get into his hair.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Two reasons Trudope has dragged his feet coming to Fort Mac the way I see it:
1. He knows no one out here likes him
2. If he rushed out here right after the fire went through the city it wouldn't look good to his new Climate Change buddies he made friends with in Paris
3. He hates Alberta and could give a phuck about the fire.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While I am sure most victims will appreciate the financial aid ... A couple of thousand $$ won't even cover the extra out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the fire ... There are so many little costs that will add up ... That insurance will not cover etc etc ... Just to replace most people's paper work / will take more than 2 grand .

This is monumental size issue .... The fees for late bill payments / car registrations / new school fees / change of address costs .... Just to name a few will eat that up in a heart beat !
100 %

Might persay help the ones with places to go back too and are good to live in

But what about the 2400 homes and others that are smoke damaged beyond fixing

This a kick in the junk to them

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard on the news today the head guy is releasing $50,000,000 immediately for distribution to all evacuee's. He said this works out to a $600 E Transfer in every adults bank account and $300 distributed to every minor. People will see the money in the next 2 days.

In order for that math to work there would have to be 70,000 adults and almost 27,000 minor's.
I thought Ft. mac pop was about 80k not 100?
At least after 11 day's or whatever, they are doing something. Not a good job IMO, but something is better
than nothing.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In order for that math to work there would have to be 70,000 adults and almost 27,000 minor's.
I thought Ft. mac pop was about 80k not 100?
At least after 11 day's or whatever, they are doing something. Not a good job IMO, but something is better
than nothing.
I'm just passing on what I heard on the radio today. Lol.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Likely a good question for my insurance co, if a natural disaster like the fire displaces you from your home even though inhabitable i.e. Not burnt I wonder if funds are provided for living expenses from home policy.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the level of policy you have . There are all kinds of options you can add to your insurance ,at extra cost ... They will only pay for what is specified in your policy.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In High River's flood the 2 prominent organizations that were present long after the volunteers and the Red Cross left that I saw make a huge presence were the Mennonite Disaster Relief and Samaritan's Purse

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Red Cross is responding to the heat of social media, etc.....................and it is about time they responded with something!

Still waiting for the TruDope to put his boots in Alberta.:confused:

His presence is not required. We got this.

Top Bottom