Recession just around the corner?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If everyone charged what it really took to do the job instead of padding the hours by at least double when it was busy ?
It was absolutely ridiculous for a lot of years.
Every toilet has to flush. Lol
Welders working 6-7 hrs and charging 13-14 hrs.
Trucks working 11-12 hrs and getting paid for 24. Goes on and on.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If everyone charged what it really took to do the job instead of padding the hours by at least double when it was busy ?
It was absolutely ridiculous for a lot of years.
Every toilet has to flush. Lol
Welders working 6-7 hrs and charging 13-14 hrs.
Trucks working 11-12 hrs and getting paid for 24. Goes on and on.

I have never padded hours! Said no welder ever lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And this is an example as to why there is little simpathy for the poor patch workers.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oil co's/service in red deer are expecting 30% increase in drilling this winter, remains to be seen! have seen more frac equipment moving in the area.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy was telling me they sat for couple days waiting for frac equipment to arrive on lease. Frac company can't find qualified people to run the equipment.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be a blip this winter then slow for another year. Companies are bidding aggressively, hiring conservatively and holding expenses and wages flat.

Skyhigh

Reaction score
I have never padded hours! Said no welder ever lol

The money is not there to go back in the field. A guy can make the same wages home every night now. They are gonna have a hard time getting guys back unless they sweeten the deal.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oil co's/service in red deer are expecting 30% increase in drilling this winter, remains to be seen! have seen more frac equipment moving in the area.

Frac equipment is def on the move, been asked to a few interviews but have stayed away, too unpredictable so far

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The money is not there to go back in the field. A guy can make the same wages home every night now. They are gonna have a hard time getting guys back unless they sweeten the deal.

I used to be in the field chasing rigs making big money. Yes I made big money but my life sucked lol. I been in a shop make no decent money for years now. I won't be going back to the field anytime soon. I think more and more guys will be seeing things this way.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Notley did make a good point about the fact to create long term jobs and long term thinking we should be refining it ourselves

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the whole carbon thing works. I know burning wood makes carbon and between my wood stove and the number of fire pits we have I'm sure a tax man might come looking. We should though be proving to the world that we can refine our own product then the pipeline controversy might not be so big. Let Chinese buy our goods for once.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly. Was in China last week selling Cdn goods but it pi&&is me off when I see ships with raw logs from Canada and New Zealand.

I'm not sure how the whole carbon thing works. I know burning wood makes carbon and between my wood stove and the number of fire pits we have I'm sure a tax man might come looking. We should though be proving to the world that we can refine our own product then the pipeline controversy might not be so big. Let Chinese buy our goods for once.

Last edited:

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So basically what the rest of the country is being paid....
Yep. Watching the pay rates for the big projects push everything up for the rest of us. Everyone gets greedy - human nature and cannot blame the individual but collectively set us up for big swings!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom