Recession just around the corner?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
exactly....don't fawk up my after hours Edmonton last minute parts getting contact lol. lots more twisted tea where those last ones came from my friend :beer: :p

We need to do another "I'm going to a rally tomorrow and I need these parts right now" run?

PowderStew

Reaction score
Some analysts calling oil bottomed and settling this week

Not likely. One factor that kept it at $50 is buyers picking up oil cheap and putting in storeage with the hope of makeing money when sold in a few month or year. A large amount of oil has been going into this storage for last couple of months. All the storeage depots in around the world are now full. Bays and inlets in different parts of the world are now filling with supertankers filled with this spec oil. Once this oil stops going to storage, the demand is going to drop and prices with it. Yesterday, Friday the 13th, oil was down to under $45, several commentators commented it was becasue of decrease demand as there is no more storage capacity anywhere in the world. $25 oil in on the way.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two words why oil will come back, always has, always will...
As oil prices drop ,demand will increase due to low price margins. This will empt supply and thus increase demand. In all likly hood pushing oil higher than it ever has been....I am old enough to remember .03 cent a litre farm diesel....lol

Supply & demand .

For those that think oil will stay at this price , remember that when we see 1.60 $ a litre gas when it turns ....

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no one is saying it won't come back up, it's just a matter of when. the longer it takes, the worse things will get for some.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a certainty by May long weekend in Alberta the price will be way up .

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a few shops cleaning up on bad staff, just like any business in a slow down..

had a semi load of diesel brought up from us.. 70 cents a liter laid in or 209/us gallon.. Look around

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a few shops cleaning up on bad staff, just like any business in a slow down..

had a semi load of diesel brought up from us.. 70 cents a liter laid in or 209/us gallon.. Look around

Details please lol

HeavyD111

Reaction score
Good friend in Med Hat was laid off, first time since 1995 for him. Is/was a fracker, has 4 kids wife etc..tough times. He wasnt bad with money , never bought a new car or truck so hes ok for a while, but said hes not sure when things might pick up again.

Funny thing is He always needled me about being in school at a later age, but i think it was worth it. I may not have much, but I know my job isnt going anywhere.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10% layoffs today at Nexen, US & Canada

Last edited:

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trican just skinnied up the staff in Medicine Hat too!
Sounds like cuts in other locations as well.
Man, this is getting serious.

Top Bottom