Recession just around the corner?

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what part of it tho.....dirt work? plant construction? pipeline? there's a chitload of different stuff going on related to the project, I only deal with the dirt work part and their equipment and those guys are saying business as usual after it dries up. was just out there on tuesday and DFI is still pounding pilings like crazy with three machines....but the civil earthworks supervisor told me guys from Flint and Bird were told to finish up what they are doing and pack it in. road bans went on at midnight last night, pretty much got all the heavy stuff out of there so I'm looking forward to a nice break. lots of people freaking out tho. I enjoy the drama of it all

we're bringing a Liebherr 1750 crane into Carmon Creek in a few weeks. Over 80 loads to haul it. Can't see them shelving the project with that sitting on site and the taxi meter ticking away. We've been hauling mats in there pretty steady as well, still have about 140 to go.

Sent from my iPad

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I be ditch picking soon!

Not much picking to be had. I've seen picking from Onoway to hwy 16, Hwy 16 junction of 43 east all the way to east of Spruce Grove and from 16A east to RR 13 all this past week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we're bringing a Liebherr 1750 crane into Carmon Creek in a few weeks. Over 80 loads to haul it. Can't see them shelving the project with that sitting on site and the taxi meter ticking away. We've been hauling mats in there pretty steady as well, still have about 140 to go.

Sent from my iPad
for sure, if they haul that liebherr in there it won't be sitting for 6 months to a year, guaranteed.

another bud told me today they are already over cost, 18 months into their first-phase three year budget plan.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the April Ritchie Bros Edmonton sale is looking like it is going to be their biggest sale ever. They have it slated for four days to get through everything. Lots of guys completely getting out, downsizing and the banks are saying that they are starting to see there fair share of loans defaulting. $50 oil is here for a while.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the April Ritchie Bros Edmonton sale is looking like it is going to be their biggest sale ever. They have it slated for four days to get through everything. Lots of guys completely getting out, downsizing and the banks are saying that they are starting to see there fair share of loans defaulting. $50 oil is here for a while.

They said it'll be a 5 day sale possibly 6!!

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of DFI I have been looking for some industrial land and noticed ALL of their yards are for sale in edmonton

They're selling because they just built a big ass shop and combined all of their operations. Between 17th and 34 street north of the Whidemud.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna be all yankees scooping stuff up cuz of the cdn dollar. Guys selln their equip will do alright.

Hard to say. I was hoping for more in February - it was on the low end of market value at that time. Supply and demand dictates I guess.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Where's that TFW thread? Sure hope they all get sent home. Otherwise there will be a whole lot of pissed off layed off workers.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to say anything for fear of being sitting on the curb :)
exactly....don't fawk up my after hours Edmonton last minute parts getting contact lol. lots more twisted tea where those last ones came from my friend :beer: :p

Top Bottom