Rasmussen Jumps to DOO!!!!!!

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO the rev wasnt caught up too till 2011, this is why i rode mine for that time. But now it seems that the sleds have all got there own path. early 2000's most sleds were the same...honestly they all were good at some things and god aweful at others. as time went on each sled moved to more rider specific. as off 2012 IMO each sled is now completly rider based. if ya cant ride it find something else that you can. not like it used to be when you would get used to it (xp is a great example, either you can ride it or you cant) if your buying a 2011 and up sled it seems that is all about what you are looking for. making it more of a pissing contest then anything. brand loyalty is chit, buy what works and buy what makes you a better rider. will all the patient BS each brand wont make the same sled so just jump on the band wagon that suits you the best. Me myself am going from doo to poo, just how the dice roll.

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who cares what he rides...............or anybody for that matter. As long as your out having the time of your life enjoying the snow , who cares !!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why Bret left Arctic Cat, we will never know the entire story. Honestly, the Doo chassis works well, as does the E-tech. Cat screwed the pooch on the 2012 model year, and it won't be forgotten easily by consumers - pretty sure 2013 Cat sales will be significantly less then 2012. That is a good thing, as in order to regain market share the product will have to improve, and improvements and innovation result in better sleds for all, regardless of the brand you ride. A few things to keep in mind:
- Neither Burandt nor Rassmussen ride stock sleds - both machines are turbocharged with custom suspension and a bunch of lightweight parts that are supplied by sponsors.
- 90% of riders are not and will never ride at their level. There are a few Canucks that can give either a run for thier money, but most single US states sell more sleds then all of Canada. So the big corporate sponsorships will go to the biggest, most familar names. Will they have some input on the future sleds? Certainly - they will get to state their opinions. Whether or not those opinions will mean anything by the time it hits production is another story...

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why Bret left Arctic Cat, we will never know the entire story. Honestly, the Doo chassis works well, as does the E-tech. Cat screwed the pooch on the 2012 model year, and it won't be forgotten easily by consumers - pretty sure 2013 Cat sales will be significantly less then 2012. That is a good thing, as in order to regain market share the product will have to improve, and improvements and innovation result in better sleds for all, regardless of the brand you ride. A few things to keep in mind:
- Neither Burandt nor Rassmussen ride stock sleds - both machines are turbocharged with custom suspension and a bunch of lightweight parts that are supplied by sponsors.
- 90% of riders are not and will never ride at their level. There are a few Canucks that can give either a run for thier money, but most single US states sell more sleds then all of Canada. So the big corporate sponsorships will go to the biggest, most familar names. Will they have some input on the future sleds? Certainly - they will get to state their opinions. Whether or not those opinions will mean anything by the time it hits production is another story...

Whaat? Where did you get your numbers? Snowest mag shows for 2011 sales: Canada at 40,878 and US at 51,976 sleds sold. I doubt your idea that each Northern US states sell as much of all Canada combined is even close. Canada is up by 8.51 % and the US up by 6.95% and there have been many years (in the last 10) that more sleds were sold in Canada. Western Canada and Western US are also close with Western Canada up 20% as apposed to Western US at up 6.58%.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I detract my comment about sled sales - I simply based it on population differences. Snowest's numbers are based on registrations, which sometimes aren't completed (although mandatory in Alberta). Sticking to the rest of my story, however. BTW, picked up the teth-airs today from the bus - looks like a neat product.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg v 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg 3461.jpg

3461.jpg 3461.jpg

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the vintage orange at the tail! Looks like no riser, upgraded front shocks, and probably just a boondocker sticker for now.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow maxwell is just as annoying in the cat section as he is in the polaris section.
it did make me laugh tho, even tho it was super douchy

on another note brett needs to hire OR fire a publicist/agent cause he looks like a total dweeb sittin on that sled,,,,whats is that a family or glamour pose from the 80's early 90's? cmon brett

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe now that Rasmussen switch over Maxwell will be able to keep up to him since he couldn't last year according to maxwells video.;)

Top Bottom