BRP delay

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure the vin is assigned the moment they are shipped from the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In the past model types are sent to dealer and dealer decides who gets them based on how they want. We always started with first snow checkers to last day Charlie’s unless someone wasn’t in a hurry.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well talk with Brenda the owner.
6 guys backed out right off the bat, deliveries are late, serial numbers are not assigned to a certain person just the model type, so the sled goes to the next guy in line. Now that they are catching up on deliveries the last sleds coming in will be up for grabs unless they have sold them already.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
Ya Brenda is Glenn’s daughter… weird as of yesterday no one has backed out.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the past model types are sent to dealer and dealer decides who gets them based on how they want. We always started with first snow checkers to last day Charlie’s unless someone wasn’t in a hurry.
I know I wasn’t the first to SC but answer this Ken … is it cuz I’m special 😂😂 go easy on me!

Attachments

• 0FB2010A-7132-4BA8-B76C-9ED96893B65A.jpeg
    0FB2010A-7132-4BA8-B76C-9ED96893B65A.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 83

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to my dealer it isn't.

BRP assigns the VIN.
Backouts are a different Matter. When there are 30 sleds on a truck all of the vins are assigned to a snowcheck customer, based on the SKU order.
If a guy backs out and another person is waiting on their sled, than the person waiting can take that snowcheck over and retain the warranty of that sled. It’s just a paperwork shuffle for the dealer. Now if your dealer is taking the time and re organizing the load for a first come first served good on them.
My sled had a scheduled delivery for sept/Oct. I ordered my sled before my brother, he had his vin two weeks before I did, and I got my sled almost 3 weeks later than him, but mine was a black big gauge, his was green. Seems that the green grey is a lot more popular order than the black.

IMO this is moot, what should be addressed is why summits we’re showing up in the east in OCT, when some guys will not get their sled in the west till February. Yes I know of a guy that was told his 154 expert will be delivered in February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP assigns the VIN.
Backouts are a different Matter. When there are 30 sleds on a truck all of the vins are assigned to a snowcheck customer, based on the SKU order.
If a guy backs out and another person is waiting on their sled, than the person waiting can take that snowcheck over and retain the warranty of that sled. It’s just a paperwork shuffle for the dealer. Now if your dealer is taking the time and re organizing the load for a first come first served good on them.
My sled had a scheduled delivery for sept/Oct. I ordered my sled before my brother, he had his vin two weeks before I did, and I got my sled almost 3 weeks later than him, but mine was a black big gauge, his was green. Seems that the green grey is a lot more popular order than the black.

IMO this is moot, what should be addressed is why summits we’re showing up in the east in OCT, when some guys will not get their sled in the west till February. Yes I know of a guy that was told his 154 expert will be delivered in February.

just out of curiosity, did that fellow order on the last day of snow check in the last hour before close?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just out of curiosity, did that fellow order on the last day of snow check in the last hour before close?

Nope, we ordered around the same time, and had the same Sept/Oct delivery date. I was getting nervous that my order was going to be in the 20% after he told me he was also waiting, to the point I was starting to look for another sled. His was a NA small gauge 154 I should add.

The Lynx shredder is majorly delayed, Feb/march for some, I know of another fellow who let his snocheck go and grabbed a G5, when he was told Feb/march

From what I was told all the orders went in on the same day with all dealers. They could not enter the snow check as it was received, like in the past.
The only orders that BRP wanted to know about were the big gauge sleds, due to the limited supply, thats what I was told, maybe it’s BS, but I took delivery. Just need more snow to ride it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pretty much did that, only two 175 ordered out of Loyd I'm told, sled was ready for pickup a week ago!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catman10 ordered his 175 before I did and mine came in before his. His still hasn’t shown up.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP assigns the VIN.

Yeah I am not privy to what goes on in the background, but obviously some dealers are better at manoeuvring things than others.

Dealer always asks when I want the sled by, this year I was in Jamaica. Got one off a later truck even though I was one of the first snow checks entered.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone would know this...........

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone would know this...........

I have been away 2 yrs now so maybe it’s changed. In the past, if 10 TFNA models and 4 TCCA models were on a shipping list on route I would start phoning customers that had ordered that model ( say for argument sake black Summit x turbo expert 175 with SHOT) and tell them that I had some of what they ordered coming. Do you want it now or wait for the next shipment? If they didn’t want it I’d move onto the next guy that was on the list that had ordered one maybe a few days later in the spring. Would do this till they were all spoken for. Then I’d phone the list of TCCA guys and see who wanted theirs. That’s the way it has worked for years in snowcheck models. Like I said maybe it has changed since 2021? I have never seen a serial number on a BRP invoice with a guys name on it. Every different model has its own model designation. So a 165 grey Turbo expert with a large gauge would have a different model designation than the exact same sled with a small gauge. The model designation is the 4 letters immediately after the 2BPS on the serial number. The numbers at the end of the serial number is the number of the sled built of that model on the assembly line. So kibbles was the very first one at 00001 in his post.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been away 2 yrs now so maybe it’s changed. In the past, if 10 TFNA models and 4 TCCA models were on a shipping list on route I would start phoning customers that had ordered that model ( say for argument sake black Summit x turbo expert 175 with SHOT) and tell them that I had some of what they ordered coming. Do you want it now or wait for the next shipment? If they didn’t want it I’d move onto the next guy that was on the list that had ordered one maybe a few days later in the spring. Would do this till they were all spoken for. Then I’d phone the list of TCCA guys and see who wanted theirs. That’s the way it has worked for years in snowcheck models. Like I said maybe it has changed since 2021? I have never seen a serial number on a BRP invoice with a guys name on it. Every different model has its own model designation. So a 165 grey Turbo expert with a large gauge would have a different model designation than the exact same sled with a small gauge. The model designation is the 4 letters immediately after the 2BPS on the serial number. The numbers at the end of the serial number is the number of the sled built of that model on the assembly line. So kibbles was the very first one at 00001 in his post.
Talked to parts guy at dealership yesterday organizing some acessories. To find out where the sled is located right now since it may have been shipped from their shop to my pick up location already he was going to check with the dealership owner to see what VIN was assigned to me. That sounds like the process Snopro describes to me as to who determines who gets a particular unit.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I can see if the last of a shipment of models was coming. Then you may assign a particular unit to a person because they are the last of the last to pick theirs up? All I know is when it was time to build a sled for a guy we would tell the PDI guy to go grab a TNBC for Joe Smith and give him a work order what accs go on it. He would put the guys name in the ECM when he set it up.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like how mine went. Guy called and left me a message they were building sled that day and needed to know if I wanted anything on it. That was two weeks ago and I got the message yesterday when I landed back in Canada and turned my phone on

Top Bottom