Quitting

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Keep it up. Don't chit the bed now. Find something to do like everyone has said. Go for a walk. Play with TJ. Whatever it takes

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
wtf am I going to do at 11:22???? Another than have another :beer: ;)

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way to go !!!!! You will feel ( and smell lol) so much better. I started walking and it has really helped. Give yourself a big pat on the back. It's a f...ing hard thing to do !!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2 months to the day, of no smoking :D
No more counting day's of being smoke free, cause I am done and done!!!

Thanks to EVERYONE for the support and encouragement :beer: :beer:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also would recommend Champix, it really helped me do it this time.

And take it to the end of the perscripition, I picked up my last months worth yesterday.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ju
s
t pickd up champix tis am....wishtheyd fix the typing issues n hi ite ...on this site

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, that you got 2 months under your belt, that is awesome, you can do anything you want to do as long as you want it bad enough, !! I was real good at quitting did it about six or seven times with various aids......(lol), the last time I went cold turkey, was tough but never looked back, I quit when the price of a pack of 25 was 5 bucks..... that was to much for me.... now it is close to 10, bit tough on the pocket book, I used to smoke a pack a day,....just thinking of all the accessories I could've bought for my ride then. with all the money "up in smoke"..... KEEP IT UP, !!!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Good deal Doug.... NEVER convince yourself you can have just one. I had 6 months under my belt and off my pills for 4 months before I decided 1 wouldn't hurt. That was 3 years ago and I'm still at a pack a day, haven't been able to convince myself to quit again, I'm weak.

I've picked up a bunch more nicorett and will give-er another go after the holidays.

Good on ya bud.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on ya Man!!!!! I quit 10 years ago. If I hadnt, there is no way..no way.. I would still be able to sled in the mountains today! Best thing I ever did.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I better otherwise in 10 years I'm nothing more than a stat. It was taking it's toll on me, some nights I couldn't get to sleep over the sound of my own breathing and wheezing.

Cold turkey is admirable cancritter but my only question would be, why???? there are so many different aids out there which provide no guarantee but sure help. I use the Nicorette and Thrive lozenges..... first couple days I was popping them like candy exceeding the 15 per day limit but now 10 days in I'm down to 4-5 day as needed. like I said they guarantee nothing but sure help. At 17 days cold turkey your well over the nicotine dependency but I'm not sure I could have done that.

Cheers... here's to keep on keeping on

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Today is day 10 for me day 8 for the wife..... this is the last time I quit.....

Congrats to you and Arlene, Ian. Tomorrow is 3 months for me, after 28 years of smoking. It is hard to do, but it does get easier with time.

Keep up the good work :beerchug:

Canadian_bacon

Reaction score
Cold turkey. When you're ready, you'll make it happen. Everything else is just a crutch and then you gotta figure out how to let go of the crutches. 4 years for me and I don't miss it.

Top Bottom