Quitting

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
<snip>

After sticking in a bunch of stents to open those clogged arteries I now feel great. No sh*t man - get it checked.

I get a yearly ECG, what else can you check ?

I'm 50 and quit with Champix 7 yr's ago, it was easy. (I followed the directions)

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So how many people have used these electronic gizmos to quit ? I just started today.
I know many people that have tried to quit smoking on e smokes and vape pens, that are now addicted to them. So your giving up one evil for a lesser one.
June 15th will be 8 months of no smoking after 28 years of 1-1.5 sometimes 2 packs a day.
I wanted to quit, and Champix was my helper. I don't care if people smoke around me, if I drink, stress, or anything!!!

You have to "want to quit" and it isn't easy. But it is sure worth it, even after a couple of months :D

Best of luck Mike, and I know you can do it :beerchug:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how many people have used these electronic gizmos to quit ? I just started today.
I've been vaping since I quit Mike, it's working for me. 115 days tobacco free, I don't think I would have been able to do it without help and I didn't want to do the pharmaceutical thing.

I spent a lot on gizmos until I found the setup that works for me. if you want to know any more just ask dude, glad to help out in any way

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried it all, the only thing that worked for me was this, free online book if you can find it called Allan carrs easy way to stop smoking. Cold turkey no pills,patches or gum, just read the book, I made it to the part time smoker chapter and quit for two months but didn't finish the book like I should have...finish the book!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Arlene used both the electric usb charge ones and the store bought disposables... she used them for about 6-ish weeks and they worked for her.

I used the Thrive lozenges, was totally off them for a while, but kept them around for those craving times which I'm told may never go away. Some days I have no pills other days (mainly beer days) I can blow through 12 pills. but they only cost $24 for 108 pills and although they have nicotine in them they do not have tar/CO/Asbestos etc. so a lesser evil I guess but Arlene and I will be 6 months at the end of this month

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Arlene used both the electric usb charge ones and the store bought disposables... she used them for about 6-ish weeks and they worked for her.

I used the Thrive lozenges, was totally off them for a while, but kept them around for those craving times which I'm told may never go away. Some days I have no pills other days (mainly beer days) I can blow through 12 pills. but they only cost $24 for 108 pills and although they have nicotine in them they do not have tar/CO/Asbestos etc. so a lesser evil I guess but Arlene and I will be 6 months at the end of this month

Arlene and her stupid grape vape thing........ Sara's coat still smells like that thing after 2 or 3 washes!

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am real good at quitting smoking, !!!!! done it about 7 or 8 times, tried several aids, ..... nothing helped !, You simply quit smoking when you want to bad enough, cold turkey.........smoked for 25 years, at a pack a day, quit for last 20, never looked back,.... if you can quit smoking,..... you can do ANYTHING !!! (you can also afford to buy that brand new toy , that you really want badly.....)

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Over 7 months in, I really wish I had done this years ago. For the first time in my life I have developed breathing issues with bronchitis/pneumonia. I have been out of commission for 2 full weeks now and I don't feel any better now than I did last week or the week before.

Not being able to breath is a very scary thing. I have had coughing fits which have caused me to black out and I'm pretty sure that had I not smoked for 25 years I'd likely still get sick but the effects would be much less.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tomorrow is 10 months for me, after smoking a pack to 2 packs a day. I still have cravings, and have gained a **** ton of weight!!! But as ironic as it sounds...... I know I am healthier as a fat non smoker, compared to a thinner smoker.

If you wanna quit, you will. It isn't easy to do (unless you have to), but is nice to :D

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it has been 15 years for me,i quit drinking for 6 months was a social drinker,that did the trick. No problem having a drink without a smoke.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried it all, the only thing that worked for me was this, free online book if you can find it called Allan carrs easy way to stop smoking. Cold turkey no pills,patches or gum, just read the book, I made it to the part time smoker chapter and quit for two months but didn't finish the book like I should have...finish the book!
The book helped me. I didnt finish it then quit tho. I had set my date and stuck to that, finished book after. June 9 was my set quit date, picked that day due to surgery to remove a tumor in my groin.
I fell off the wagon second week of July, got hammered and smoked a pack. Can't stand the smell anymore (wife still smokes). Really cant stand the smell after I've had chemo.
Book helps to rewire ur brain and if you get to the end and aren't ready keep smoking and read again. I had tried champix just made me a miserable arse. Wife wanted to hold a pillow over my head lol
Started at fifteen. Quit at 35. Still dream about smoking. Cancer not from smoking. Rare aggressive skin cancer that affects ten Albertans a year and not usually 35 year old. Wasn't found on skin showed up as a small lump in April and by June was size of a potato.
Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well........ 1 year ago today, I decided to quit smoking.
Thanks to my family and friends for there ongoing support, and myself wanting to quit (which really helped). I am still a non smoker :D
Good luck to those who are trying, and if you want to quit, you will. I know I am heavier, but I also know that I'm healthier :)

Top Bottom