proud dad

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well in 1978 I was 2yrs old and my dad bought me my first snowmobile. A kitty cat for $200, big bucks back then. It was under the christmas tree. I don't think there was enought skin to cover my eye balls, I was excited. I rode it, my brother, my sister, cousins, and every other family menber. Too bad it didn't have an odometer! So yesterday I pulled it out of storage and dusted it off. Couldn't get it to run, so out came the wrenches. Ended up that the crank seal popped out. So in went a new seal and it fired first pull. Man alive, the look on my 3yr old's son's face (priceless). So, on with his helmet and snow suit and he was gone. He spent most of the day on it. Nothing better than your first memories of sledding and then seeing your son ride your first sled.
Thanks Dad
Will post pics

GRD

Reaction score
Well in 1978 I was 2yrs old and my dad bought me my first snowmobile. A kitty cat for $200, big bucks back then. It was under the christmas tree. I don't think there was enought skin to cover my eye balls, I was excited. I rode it, my brother, my sister, cousins, and every other family menber. Too bad it didn't have an odometer! So yesterday I pulled it out of storage and dusted it off. Couldn't get it to run, so out came the wrenches. Ended up that the crank seal popped out. So in went a new seal and it fired first pull. Man alive, the look on my 3yr old's son's face (priceless). So, on with his helmet and snow suit and he was gone. He spent most of the day on it. Nothing better than your first memories of sledding and then seeing your son ride your first sled.
Thanks Dad
Will post pics

That is a great story!

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow...My 6yr old son even though it was -21c here got to have his first ride on his new dragon mini120... today could not get him off..... this is what sledding is all about boys,,,and girls... take your 18,000 dollar 300hp machine's climb and ride anything you want...I know...I am one to talk... but watch for the first time a young child enjoy sledding..........

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great stories, waiting for more snow here before the 120 dragon comes out

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cey800... nothing like seeing your little guys rippin around on their own sleds and having the time of their lives!!! I will never forget the first time I got to experience Zac (my oldest boy of three boys) on his first ride on his new sled! He was 4 years old at the time.. 2001... He followed me on my quad all over the farm for over 3 hours before he hit his first tree at full speed... wish I had a photo of that but I don't :(

After a lot of tears, a bloody nose, an hour or two of wrenching, he was back at it and has never looked back!!

Here he is at 9 years old.

Attachments

• 2006_11140129.JPG
    2006_11140129.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 139

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got a picture. -18 today and had to close the fuel valve to get him off.:shrug:

Attachments

• kael's sled.jpg
    kael's sled.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 88

sled

Reaction score
all the stories on here about your kids is great,I myself just starting the boy on the toys.he has been on quads and my first dirt bike a 72 honda trail 50cc.next couple of weeks will be taken him for a sled ride.

Top Bottom