Pros and Cons of the two new big bores

Albertan

Reaction score
I'm thinking about picking one of these up this Spring as well, and keeping my Rhino for my kids to ride. I'd be curious to hear how people feel the trailing arm rear suspension on the RZR XP will hold up to trail riding (a concern brought up by my local Polaris dealer believe it or not), and more importantly how the guys like RZRGADE with 60" wide RZR S models think the 64-65.5" wide (depending on where you look) RZR XP will get down our trails. I think the ideal would be an S with the new (strengthened?) frame and the ProStar 900 motor, but that's not happening this year.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about picking one of these up this Spring as well, and keeping my Rhino for my kids to ride. I'd be curious to hear how people feel the trailing arm rear suspension on the RZR XP will hold up to trail riding (a concern brought up by my local Polaris dealer believe it or not), and more importantly how the guys like RZRGADE with 60" wide RZR S models think the 64-65.5" wide (depending on where you look) RZR XP will get down our trails. I think the ideal would be an S with the new (strengthened?) frame and the ProStar 900 motor, but that's not happening this year.

I have not seen one in person yet ,so i am a little curious as well. I have a few friends south of the boarder that have them on trails and mud as well as dunes and from what i am hearing ,so far so good. I think you will need trailing arm skids but no big deal. I know the guys at highlifter have had them for a while and they rave about them. Time will tell. As far as the suspension goes though and ride NOTHING will touch them is what i am hearing.
As far as the width issue ,WAY over blown imo. My RZR with ITP rims and 11" wide tires is already 64' wide now and the XT Canam is 63 " plus with rims as well.Also 3 companies that i have talked to are making a kit to narrow the XP up to the S width and keep the 14.5 inches of GC.

All within an inch or two....Plus the trails get wider each year as more s/s`s are out there.

I am very happy with my s but also realize the new motor is state of the art and there are ALOT of improvements over the s. The TRANS,DIFF,HUBS,FRAME,BRAKES,CLUTCH,SUSPENSION,MOTOR, just to name a few are all much better.

Will there be bugs ,sure there will be and more than a few i bet....However if i was to improve all the above on my S to the same level,what would that cost? Improvements always take time and money....lol

Albertan

Reaction score
I have not seen one in person yet ,so i am a little curious as well. I have a few friends south of the boarder that have them on trails and mud as well as dunes and from what i am hearing ,so far so good. I think you will need trailing arm skids but no big deal. I know the guys at highlifter have had them for a while and they rave about them. Time will tell. As far as the suspension goes though and ride NOTHING will touch them is what i am hearing.
As far as the width issue ,WAY over blown imo. My RZR with ITP rims and 11" wide tires is already 64' wide now and the XT Canam is 63 " plus with rims as well.Also 3 companies that i have talked to are making a kit to narrow the XP up to the S width and keep the 14.5 inches of GC.

All within an inch or two....Plus the trails get wider each year as more s/s`s are out there.

I am very happy with my s but also realize the new motor is state of the art and there are ALOT of improvements over the s. The TRANS,DIFF,HUBS,FRAME,BRAKES,CLUTCH,SUSPENSION,MOTOR, just to name a few are all much better.

Will there be bugs ,sure there will be and more than a few i bet....However if i was to improve all the above on my S to the same level,what would that cost? Improvements always take time and money....lol

I didn't realize the Commanders were that wide. The width issue may be a bit overblown I agree. Usually by the time we get to the point on a trail where 50" is all the room we have, we're not too far from turning around anyways. I was also thinking/hoping that someone would come out with a kit to make it narrower for trail riding.

I spent around $3,000 USD for LoneStar Racing's MTS kit for my Rhino, among other mods. So I know how expensive it would be to "build" an XP...I think $20k is a good deal. Still I wonder, if anyone has come across any dealerships willing to deal on these units. The MSRP in the US is about $3,500 less and our dollar is stronger than theirs. :sadbanana:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most in Edmonton are at that price, i would say no rebate no sale...lol .I think they will keep the price with in a grand or so of the US prices ,just enough to stop people buying down south...imo.

Albertan

Reaction score
About 17 here plus tax 5% and no other fees......for the base 600 more for the LE.

Most in Edmonton are at that price, i would say no rebate no sale...lol .I think they will keep the price with in a grand or so of the US prices ,just enough to stop people buying down south...imo.

Alright thanks. I am gonna make some cals and see if I can get one for $17K. I was leaning towards the LE, but I think I'll get a base model and change the plastics. Wish you could get the Black Carbon Fiber LE plastics off a RZR S. Anyone wanna trade? :d

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That`s my understanding, there is one at the athabasca dealer right now i believe....

Albertan

Reaction score
The fellow had left for the day when I called back, but I will talk to him in the morning. I think I'll go all black. :cool:

Polaris_RZR_900_XP-BlackPanels.jpg

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:):mad:Saw a new xp on the blindman today with 30" silverbacks and it aewsome but I think its as wide as the chev

Last edited:
Top Bottom