Proposed Shop, Greeting Center and Cabin at Boulder

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Thanks, if your a member of the the Revy club you`ll be notified of work parties by e-mail. We will keep everyone up to date on here also and try to give you some notice.
This is the preminary drawing, some changes have been made.
The basement is 50x50, the main room 30x30 and the deck is 20x30.

new cabin.jpg

Last edited:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it still going to be in the meadow by the old cabin or is it going up higher? and what about the meet & greet down at the main parking lot, or is that stage 2?

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The new site is at the same meadow but to the right as you come up the Bezanson trail. It is higher, one of the problems with the old cabin is that the basement floods when the snow melts.
The meet and greet/shop project is also moving along, so many hoops to jump through. The SRS is waiting for confirmation of the lease and it should happen within the next couple of wks. We hope to have power to the lot and some prep for the build for next season. The cabin is the Revy Club`s project and the meet and greet/shop is the Snowmobile Revelstoke Society`s.
I`ll miss the old cabin to.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Revelstoke attracts about 13,000 visitors per year, averaging 86 visitors per day during sledding season Eight per cent of these visitors use local accommodation and services. Byman said they spend $5 million a year making them a major force in the local economy.

Is that a missprint???? I would think that 80% would be a more accurate number......

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great work on the new Cabin and all the other works you guys have done this year. Looking forward to my first ride next year in Revey.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Ground breaking news, we got the machine up top and cleared the site yesterday :d
We are now looking for volunteers, I have attatched the e-mail that Greg sent out to members. Everyone is welcome to come up and help.
The one pic. shows you where the new cabin site is.

As you may be aware, we are ramping up on the construction of the new Cabin on Boulder Mtn. As of July 10th, the excavator has been up putting in the trail and clearing the new cabin site, he should be digging for the footings on July 12th. As you are well aware the club has taken on numerous parts of this project in order to make this happen within budget. The club will be required to volunteer time and manpower.
The first project the club is responsible for is the foundation and concrete work.
This part is labour intensive and we will require a pool of volunteers numbering 8 - 10 to frame, mix and pour footings. We do not have exact times and dates but very soon we will be in need of names.
Unfortunately we will sometimes be looking for volunteers on short notice so we are trying to compile a list of names which might be available to help out with this.
This is the largest portion of our committment along with flying in of materials to the site so if you can help out, please let us know your contact information and possible available schedule.
If you can help out in any way, any day, any time please contact me asap.

Thanks so much for your consideration

Greg Byman
250-837-6738
roughcountry@rctvonline.net

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well sign me. and where's my horse fly spray. r we talking this week or next?

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first project the club is responsible for is the foundation and concrete work.
This part is labour intensive and we will require a pool of volunteers numbering 8 - 10 to frame, mix and pour footings.

How big are the foundations going to be? Are you putting rebar in? If not, probablly should. Could probablly get my hands on some....in Calgary thou, but hey maybe somebody could get it there for ya. Depends on the size of course.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'll be running my 4 place enclosed and it's 29 feet inside from the v for anything going to revy from calgary area.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Work Party on Boulder on Sunday, July 18.

We need fallers (personal with power saw experience) to falling trees, liming and bucking).

Bring your saw, lunch, watter, bug repellant and of course a quad. If you don't have a quad, let Greg know and we can try to double you to the job site.

Anyone available during the week, Thursday and Friday would be more than welcome as well.

For further info call Greg Byman at 250 837-9479

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Thanks for all the interest so far, and yes we are going to need rebar but have not finalized our material list yet. Now that we are going to build on bedrock it should cut down on the concrete and related supplies needed.

Thanks ...Greg

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the interest so far, and yes we are going to need rebar but have not finalized our material list yet. Now that we are going to build on bedrock it should cut down on the concrete and related supplies needed.

Thanks ...Greg

Let me know how big you are going and I'm pretty sure I can help out with some rebar, have a little extra kicking around the job that I'm dooing.

Can maybe hook up with Dusty to get it there. Anyway, let me know and will try and help out.

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
More really good news. :d

A HUGE thank to PRINOTH of Calgary. They have donated the use of the Muskeg Track Utility Vehicle. The enormous donation has helped us with our transporation budget.
Thanks so much, it is very much appreciated

38112_113476058701027_100001158993769_84949_4660053_s.jpg

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Rolling right along guys.Thanks everyone. Access rd. has been put in, bridge built, site cleared and they started digging for the foundation.
Muskeger arrived, Sure Haul donated the trip to get it here. :d
Lots of shopping and transporting will be going on for the next wk.
Sounds like the cement party will be the long wknd. at this point.
Couple pics. from last Sun.
Lunch time, the bridge and the site.

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
1st one is Turtle from the deck of the existing cabin, site is centre left. Your looking at the top of the Bezanson trail.
The snow measuring pole.
Herb and the Boulder Mtn. Shuttle. Containers will hold water for cement.

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom