Say No to Ottawa Truck Tax

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They got caught with the fingers in the back pocket of taxpayers and had to seriously back peddle by calling it fake news . It was in their report but buried deep hoping nobody would notice. When called out on it they simply deny and blame it on the conservatives. Politics 🙄

Just like how they were testing the waters on taxing a principal residence sale. But I think they realized that tax would cause a mutiny in their own party even.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They got caught with the fingers in the back pocket of taxpayers and had to seriously back peddle by calling it fake news . It was in their report but buried deep hoping nobody would notice. When called out on it they simply deny and blame it on the conservatives. Politics 🙄
What I don't understand is, How they can get away with denying it. It's right there in their report. Do they actually think we are all that stupid?

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On page 192 the report cites the net zero board’s advice to:

“Broaden Canada’s existing Green Levy (Excise Tax) for Fuel Inefficient Vehicles to include additional ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) vehicle types, such as pickup trucks. A sliding scale for the implementation of this Green Levy should be developed based on the emissions produced from different vehicles.”

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MRSP on a 3500 series 2023: $110,000
GST at 5%: $5500.00
PST at 7%: $7700.00
Luxury truck tax: $4000
Grand total: $127,200
And then you get to start paying the ever increasing carbon tax. Most don't realize how much it will be going up, every year until 2030. Some say it won't happen but it is already happening.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This

one of the reasons Government want to impose a cashless society. Therefore they can follow the transaction. Add tax to that transaction. Control. Plus they can cancel your ability to make transactions anytime, without your knowledge. Control….. I believe we will witness much larger truck protest in the near future. 🥃🥃🥃….So be a good Canadian steward. Sell your truck, sleds, ATV, cars, chainsaws, anything that consumes petroleum. Pay your taxes on time, don’t talk to your neighbours. Don’t leave your yard (you might get sick with COVID). Order dinner from Uber eats, have it delivered by some foreigner. While at home sit and watch cbc gay tv propaganda. Along with black populated commercials….. But to quell your anger order up some relaxing smoke….. 🥃🥃🥃..we’re all in this together..
You are so right, only... I didn't notice the gay tv and black only commercials?? ;) I guess it must acurately represent the real numbers in our population? You and I must be gay and don't even know it? I wish I noticed sooner so I could have switched sides before I went and married my wife. I must be a boomer!

Jobu

Reaction score
Man people get riled up easily... The government at no point has proposed this new tax, feel free to go read the new budget if you don't believe it. An independent government body that produces reports for politicians proposed that this "could" be a way to increase revenue in the future. The libs didn't propose it and have made not a single statement saying they were going to.

I'm no fan of trudy but this BS was made up by the CTF to keep the donations rolling in.

Crustyolddude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man people get riled up easily... The government at no point has proposed this new tax, feel free to go read the new budget if you don't believe it. An independent government body that produces reports for politicians proposed that this "could" be a way to increase revenue in the future. The libs didn't propose it and have made not a single statement saying they were going to.

I'm no fan of trudy but this BS was made up by the CTF to keep the donations rolling in.
Wrong. Need to read the fine print. Governments are always testing the waters for more taxation. Example Bill Morneau when he was finance minister, was discussing increased taxation on small 1-2 person corporations (example Doctors, Professionals, Consultants, Smaller Business operations). These small corporations pay themselves fees out of there account. This is also the retirement plan For these individuals. Liberals were planning on increasing tax on the moneys in the corporations account. These small corporations don’t have pension plans like all government sectors. Perhaps starting these rumors causes exodus of Professionals Doctors, Dentists, Engineers, Consultants within our country. No wonder Canada has hard time keeping professionals within our border. Taxman is the boogi-man. Canada 🇨🇦 = Scary.

Last edited:

Jobu

Reaction score
Wrong. Need to read the fine print. Governments are always testing the waters for more taxation. Example Bill Morneau when he was finance minister, was discussing increased taxation on small 1-2 person corporations (example Doctors, Professionals, Consultants, Smaller Business operations). These small corporations pay themselves fees out of there account. This is also the retirement plan For these individuals. Liberals were planning on increasing tax on the moneys in the corporations account. These small corporations don’t have pension plans like all government sectors. Perhaps starting these rumors causes exodus of Professionals Doctors, Dentists, Engineers, Consultants within our country. No wonder Canada has hard time keeping professionals within our border. Taxman is the boogi-man. Canada 🇨🇦 = Scary.
Everything you've said is absolutely correct and has no bearing on this truck tax. Morneau was a cabinet minister. An independent body making a recommendation is not the same thing.

Top Bottom