Price on a leftover

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Local Dealer quoted me 14222 OTD on a leftover 14 pro 800 155 3 year warranty. Price includes a 'VIP' package, full tank gas jug of oil, clutching and settingup suspension to where I ride/weight, 1 or 2 drive belts and some other goodies he said, also if I do blow up or whatever and cant get it back for when I want to ride theyl give me a demo

Do any other dealers have this VIP program?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These sleds are going for 12 otd with e start or 11650 pull start in Edmonton. 1 year warranty.

sounds like a rip off. Hear 2 years warranty extra is 500...

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These sleds are going for 12 otd with e start or 11650 pull start in Edmonton. 1 year warranty.

Holy sh*t 12 OTD I need to make an alberta run then haha

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

edit on my pricing... :d

Whoever quoted you 14222 OTD is madness.. Snowcheck price on a '15 Dominator was only $13614 OTD. So would be $14114 all in, with 3 years warranty, on the 2015.

Last edited:

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just picked up a 2014 demo Snowcheck for cycleworks in red deer, 10500. My cousin used to live in Prince George and he said that the polaris store there was way over priced. That price is real high. Like Staple said, you can get a 15 here for less than that.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget an extra 7% in BC for PST. His price would be 13292 OTD in Alberta, still too high. I think the VIP program at Cycle North is total BS, you can pay to be a preferred customer... that's service. Although I do have a buddy with the VIP and his sled is almost always ready next day. Also what does it say about reliability when they have so many to service that they need to rush people to the front of the line. FWIW the last time I priced out a Pro it was Feb 2012 and mid season pricing on a 163 was $10,500 + tax from Shultz in Kamloops.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, theres two other dealers that are some what close I will have to look into. And from the reviews I hear they both are good

The one in Williams lake (3 hour drive) has 14s with less than 1k for around 10 thous

13292 eh, that is still about a gran. Do you know if thats including a BC inspection, or whatever it is that I have to do to register it in BC

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you have proof of paying the PST, which you will from the dealer, it is only $15 to register it I believe.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comparing OTD quotes between provinces is like comparing them between Canada and the US. $11500-$11800 seems to be the most common number on a leftover 163 before taxes and any fees. With 3 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea, seems like its the added fees that cycle north throws in that really makes the price go up there

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea, seems like its the added fees that cycle north throws in that really makes the price go up there

Some can depend on the dealer, some can depend on your relationship with the dealer. Some is just plain luck.

I wouldn't expect if I was walking into a Polaris dealer today to get a leftover sled for them to give me the exact same price as a guy who has been dealing with them for several years. There has to be some sort of loyalty to a great customer otherwise why deal with them.

On the other hand, how do you encourage a new customer to become a future repeat customer. Sell them a product at a good price and give them service equal to the rest of their customers. Easier said than done.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some can depend on the dealer, some can depend on your relationship with the dealer. Some is just plain luck.

I wouldn't expect if I was walking into a Polaris dealer today to get a leftover sled for them to give me the exact same price as a guy who has been dealing with them for several years. There has to be some sort of loyalty to a great customer otherwise why deal with them.

On the other hand, how do you encourage a new customer to become a future repeat customer. Sell them a product at a good price and give them service equal to the rest of their customers. Easier said than done.

As the dealers get bigger and bigger and more commercial this kind of service seems to be disappearing. I am familiar with the dealer the OP mentioned and their VIP program consists of paying extra when you buy the sled so you are rushed to the front of the line for service. Kinda a kick in the nuts to anyone that took the time to build a relationship with them.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree there, it kind makes a guy have to buy that VIP package. He said with that package you get a demo if your sleds down but iirc Norm at forest will give you a demo too if your sled blows without that added price.....mind you there sleds seem to be a bit higher priced when compared to cycle but they are complete different animals

Bnorth, have you had any experience/ know anyone that has dealt with spectra or make trax?

I know what you mean though as these companies go from mom and pop establishments to big corps customer service takes a steep dive

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree there, it kind makes a guy have to buy that VIP package. He said with that package you get a demo if your sleds down but iirc Norm at forest will give you a demo too if your sled blows without that added price.....mind you there sleds seem to be a bit higher priced when compared to cycle but they are complete different animals

Bnorth, have you had any experience/ know anyone that has dealt with spectra or make trax?

I know what you mean though as these companies go from mom and pop establishments to big corps customer service takes a steep dive
Rode with a guy that bought a 2013 from Spectra, he seemed happy with them.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive heard good stuff about them to but havent been able to get a definitive answer on where guys get warranty work done when they buy from spectra...I guess it is only a 6 hour round trip away

Do you know if spectra set the clutch up and suspension up for him when he bought it?...thats one thing that I think is good that cycle adds in the VIP package

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive heard good stuff about them to but havent been able to get a definitive answer on where guys get warranty work done when they buy from spectra...I guess it is only a 6 hour round trip away

Do you know if spectra set the clutch up and suspension up for him when he bought it?...thats one thing that I think is good that cycle adds in the VIP package
No idea. Shouldn't really be much to setup on a stock sled as far as clutch, suspension is personal taste.

Top Bottom